I know it is an ultimate fangirl thing to do but... Just wondering if there are anything we can do to help promote Blackberry 10, especially in the US market? But as a shareholder as well, I do have an interest in BB's long term well being

Maybe we can brainstorm ways we can help push public's awareness? Just a suggestion.
    02-12-13 12:47 PM
    I hope your not Frank Boulben beneath that username coming here asking for suggestions
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    02-12-13 12:56 PM
    tell your friends
    02-12-13 12:59 PM
    Buy the phone and then buy a few apps!
    02-12-13 12:59 PM
    Not much to be done until the product shows up in the US.

For those that have picked up an early Z10 off E-Bay or similar reseller, the best marketing tool is the Z10 itself.
    02-12-13 01:01 PM
    Bring it to the US, and I might promote it.
    lnichols likes this.
    02-12-13 01:04 PM
    Use it and enjoy it. You're not being paid to do anything more than that.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    jegs2 and bekkay like this.
    02-12-13 01:07 PM
    Be a decent human being when they come to these forums and ask, "can bb10 do x, y, z like iPhone can. There's being a fanboy about a device and being excited but when you turn into, I won't mention names, some people here you get turned off and want nothing to do with it. Also SHOW what your device can do and not just say, "it's better than x, y, z" without any justification at all. Also don't call people sheep because they're a fan of the device. My 2 cents
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-12-13 01:09 PM
    I've used good old-fashioned word of mouth. I've told my iPhone, Droid, and fellow BB friends about it. I've also emailed articles from CB to people, utilized social media to tweet about it, and made a special BB10 photo album on FB with screenshots from the BB Z10 website. When I get my new phone next month I'll be sure to post pics to FB and Twitter as well. I'm promoting the heck out of it! :-)

EDIT: Also, I want to make my own video inspired by Rachelle Wilde once I get my Z10 as well. Only it will be kind of different. ;-) Can't wait for BB10!!!
    02-12-13 01:35 PM

Agreed. They may be Canadian, but they are happy to move jobs offshore and outsource as much as possible. If they make a product you like, buy it. Feel free to tell people you meet that you enjoy it, but they are not your friend, they don't pay you, and they wouldn't notice if you fell off a bridge.
    02-12-13 02:40 PM
    At a local Futureshop they have Apple and Samsung displays at the front and BlackBerry tucked away in the back. Let's just say the manager fully understood my displeasure with this. He also said that it was corporate who decided the layout.
    As for what I do? I go to al the different tablets or phones that are connected to wifi and turn on the browser and go to a BlackBerry website.
    02-12-13 02:47 PM
    I know one user had a great idea... something about boycotting Home Depot.

But just use it, suggest it to others as an alternative. and most of all just enjoy it.
    02-12-13 02:50 PM
    I've used good old-fashioned word of mouth. I've told my iPhone, Droid, and fellow BB friends about it. I've also emailed articles from CB to people, utilized social media to tweet about it, and made a special BB10 photo album on FB with screenshots from the BB Z10 website. When I get my new phone next month I'll be sure to post pics to FB and Twitter as well. I'm promoting the heck out of it! :-)

EDIT: Also, I want to make my own video inspired by Rachelle Wilde once I get my Z10 as well. Only it will be kind of different. ;-) Can't wait for BB10!!!
    Forward a link to the Rachelle Wilde video to your friends, I did, they all enjoyed it and will check out the phone when available. One (female) wants to see a similar video with one of the Chippendales in it. Here is a link in case you need it Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube It's already had > 50k hits. I also noted that Samsung seem to be advertising on top of this Ad on YouTube
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    02-12-13 05:04 PM
    buy one... show it off... if people want to see it show them some features.

as marketing goes, a friends suggestion goes a long way.
    02-12-13 05:25 PM
    Forward a link to the Rachelle Wilde video to your friends, I did, they all enjoyed it and will check out the phone when available. One (female) wants to see a similar video with one of the Chippendales in it. Here is a link in case you need it Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube It's already had > 50k hits. I also noted that Samsung seem to be advertising on top of this Ad on YouTube
    Already forwarded it to a friend. Will forward it to more people and I'll tweet it and FB it. Getting the Chippendales would be a great idea, especially since they're here in Vegas. I will have to use my connections to find out if anyone knows someone connected to the show. Thanks for the tip! :-)
    02-12-13 07:45 PM
    I know it is an ultimate fangirl thing to do but... Just wondering if there are anything we can do to help promote Blackberry 10, especially in the US market? But as a shareholder as well, I do have an interest in BB's long term well being

Maybe we can brainstorm ways we can help push public's awareness? Just a suggestion.
    Use social media. It works! Be clever, interesting and engaging. Works twice as well. Tweet a lot!
    02-12-13 08:04 PM

But she did say she was a shareholder....
    02-12-13 08:05 PM
    Agreed. They may be Canadian, but they are happy to move jobs offshore and outsource as much as possible. If they make a product you like, buy it. Feel free to tell people you meet that you enjoy it, but they are not your friend, they don't pay you, and they wouldn't notice if you fell off a bridge.
    The competitive landscape demands it! As the company grows more and more can be done in NA. Thats simply economy 101.
    02-12-13 08:08 PM
    I was at a future shop looking at accessaries when I saw some people looking at the demo z10 which only plays a demo video.
    Then I gave them a real demo and one of them was able to make up his mind to pre-order the Q10 after seeing the smooth experience.

You are welcome, BlackBerry.

02-12-13 08:10 PM
    Step 1 - Buy a Z10.
    Step 2 - Show it off.
    02-12-13 08:59 PM
    nothing,,, unless they want to pay me or give me a free phone to do the job that someone else is paid AAALLLOOOTTT of money to do,,, or they could always put out the PlayBook update before the phone is released in the U.S. to get the buzz cooking (just had to say it)...
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:13 PM
    Got mine 1st Feb actually.

I think part of the reason why I really want BB to succeed is because I have been telling people all this time that they will, and people have been telling me to just get an iPhone or Samsung. I've never gotten any single phone besides a Blackberry since my Pearl.

I do some investment banking on the side and I was soooo annoyed that 3 banks I knew of recommended me/my friend to buy Apple and many were so skeptical about RIMM I started to doubt myself. Even when $RIMM was priced at $8. In the end I only entered at $11.

Last Nov, one even tried to ask me to buy a structured note betting that $AAPL will definitely do 10% (relative to their own prices) better than $RIMM or I will have to pay their lost. (of course they pay interest). I was soo adamant not to buy (one of the few times I've actually refused any recommendations), and thank god for my faith in RIMM. (It also leads me to believe that the crazy $AAPL price drop was pre meditated with many investment companies having covered their arses months before)

It is not just profits I want from my shares, I just dislike Apple and the banks sucking up to them and I want $BBRY to prove them wrong. I am also annoyed that years ago, I wanted to buy the Playbook (before it was launched) and the guy promoting it actually told me to get an iPad as it is better instead. I never managed to buy a Playbook after that.

Also, I tend to get obsessive over things I love. I know it sounds crazy but, I am also quite bored atm.

Just my way of doing things. Sounds quite selfish when I type it out.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:24 PM
    Post pictures of you holding the phone
    02-12-13 09:32 PM
    At a local Futureshop they have Apple and Samsung displays at the front and BlackBerry tucked away in the back. Let's just say the manager fully understood my displeasure with this. He also said that it was corporate who decided the layout.
    As for what I do? I go to al the different tablets or phones that are connected to wifi and turn on the browser and go to a BlackBerry website.
    I was a local mall that has Rogers, Bell, The Source, Wireless Wave, Telus, Phone Booth, Virgin, Best Buy, Apple Store, and finally Wind. All selling Z 10, except Wind, they had customer at each store buying a Z10 at 8 pm on a Tuesday. Does that tell you something !! Go Z10 ex RIM employee I still believe in the product.

CBB
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:45 PM
    Here is what we can do (and here is what I am doing):

1. Show/Demo BlackBerry 10 experience to your friends and family. I think features like 'Hub' can only be appreciated after they've been experienced. So, maybe you can lend your BB 10 to your friend/family for couple of days (set it up with their email accounts etc) and teach them some basic gestures? BlackBerry is an ultra productive device but most of these productive features can be appreciated only after you've really used and experienced them.

2. When you go to a store, ask about BlackBerry 10, ask to see a demo, ask some questions, remark how cool it is! The more you ask, the more sales-people are going to have to learn about BB 10 themselves. I find that a lot of sales-reps don't know much about BB 10 and haven't taken the time to learn it. So, it's important to get them to learn BB 10 as well. This way, they will provide better experience to potential BB 10 customers. If they don't give you great answers or give you answers that you know are incorrect, let their managers know that these sales-reps need training on BB 10 features.

3. Email your favourite companies/app-developers and ask them if they are going to develop BB 10 native app soon. I email my bank, my broker and other app-developers (NetFlix, Hulu, Skype, Amazon, FixMo etc.) and then I follow-up with them every few weeks to see if they have an update.

4. Email BlackBerry Support team, Post on official BlackBerry forums any bugs and feature requests. Give constructive feedback to official Team BlackBerry so they can enhance BlackBerry 10 device with software updates. Follow-up with them over twitter and official forums, ask them when can you expect software updates? I occasionally tweet them (once a week) asking about updates etc.

BlackBerry 10 is already a great device. Software updates and features based on user-feedback is going to make it phenomenal! Just need to make sure that a) we actually leave constructive feedback on official BlackBerry forums and b) we follow-up with official BlackBerry Support and ask when these updates are coming.

5. Talk about it on social media (twitter, facebook etc.). Share BB 10 commercials/videos etc.

What's in it for us? The more support BlackBerry 10 gets, the more apps and OS updates we get!
    02-12-13 10:13 PM
57 123