For those on Rogers with a Z10, does your phone say 4g or LTE?

Mine says 4g, does that mean I am not getting LTE?
    02-12-13 06:45 AM
    I'm going to go with you're not on lte because my z10 says lte when I have it and 4g when I don't. But I'm on bell

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 06:50 AM
    Mine says LTE because I'm in the toronto area, you may want to make sure you are in an LTE enabled area.

I am moving in 2 months and I will be losing my LTE coverage so I will be on 4G, but meh, whatever it is what it is.

Check out this map Rogers provides on their website about LTE and 4G coverage

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...909-_-coverage
    02-12-13 07:08 AM
    I am in Ajax... which according to their map says has LTE coverage. I will have to give them a call. I have never seen LTE on the phone since I got it last week.

Thanks!
    02-12-13 07:21 AM
    That's odd. I live in a condo in Richmond Hill, and I have switched back and forth from LTE and 4G inside the condo, but as soon as I'm outside of the condo, i'm on LTE. But yes, give Rogers a ring, because something is not right, unless you have to change your network settings. Settings/Network Connections/Mobile Network/Network Technology and make suer LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM is selected.
    02-12-13 07:30 AM
    I'm in Dundas just outside Hamilton so I have the escarpment blocking signals. For the first few days i just had 4g but in last two days its been showing 1 bar of LTE. I'm not too worried at home as I connect to wifi anyway. When I went to Costco the other day I got 5 bars of LTE inside the store.
    02-12-13 07:35 AM
    Ok, fixed now.

Apparently the BES 1gb plan I was on didn't support LTE. I don't need BES anymore since my company isn't planning on upgrading to Blackberry 10 (and there isn't currently a Google connector for 10) so I switched over to a 1gb plan (North American roaming) and voila...I now have SMOKING LTE.

Thanks for all your help.
    02-12-13 10:15 AM
    Rogers have some cities with exclusive LTE, Im in Ottawa,Ontario and we do have it now when you are in a building or in a basement sometimes will show 4G.
    02-12-13 10:20 AM
    Ok, fixed now.

Apparently the BES 1gb plan I was on didn't support LTE. I don't need BES anymore since my company isn't planning on upgrading to Blackberry 10 (and there isn't currently a Google connector for 10) so I switched over to a 1gb plan (North American roaming) and voila...I now have SMOKING LTE.

That would explain why I don't see LTE either, I work in Richmond Hill and live in Whitby so I should be on LTE all the time but I'm on a US/Canada BES Flex Rate plan. Our company has BES10 and it's great, I thought I read I could still be on a regular Data Plan and be on the BES but will have to look into it further, I would love to be on LTE if I can get CAN/US Data and it allowed Mobile HotSpot.
    02-12-13 10:21 AM
    Ok, fixed now.

Great, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Enjoy the fast LTE speeds!
    02-12-13 10:29 AM
    I'm in Dundas just outside Hamilton so I have the escarpment blocking signals. For the first few days i just had 4g but in last two days its been showing 1 bar of LTE. I'm not too worried at home as I connect to wifi anyway. When I went to Costco the other day I got 5 bars of LTE inside the store.
    For the last two days I've been showing a consistent 2 bars of LTE at home, looks like Rogers are doing something to improve things in this area.
    02-19-13 09:11 AM
    While in Toronto I have Full Bars of LTE service but once I get home all I have is 4G but that should change after the summer
    02-19-13 09:20 AM
    LTE will show on Rogers, but 4g will show if you are on HSPA, which is technically 3.5g, but legally in Canada it can be called 4g, but LTE in the states has to be called 4g LTE
    02-19-13 11:13 AM
    I'm in Toronto, but for the most part mine says LTE, although I have occasionally seen 4G... Can't remember where or what I was doing when I saw it, but the OS is so damn smooth and fast that when browsing I can never tell the difference. That's just me.
    02-19-13 11:23 AM
    Ok, fixed now.

What is the name of your plan.

I am looking for a LTE North America Roaming plan and my rep says none such exists.
    02-19-13 11:25 AM