So earlier today I picked up my phone and opened Twitter and an email and then when pressing "Show images" I realised that I had no signal so the images would not load.

A second later my phone now in my hand regained full signal but Twitter and the hub still would not refresh (a common issue with most smartphones) so I simply restarted Twitter and this allowed it to refresh data.

However reopening the email would still not allow the images to show when pressing the button. So I tried the top right 5 swipe gesture and the hub restarted in a couple of seconds and voila! The images loaded this time.

Thank you Kevin!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 05:52 AM
    Brilliant, nice to know the 'tips' and ' gestures' work and are being used
    02-12-13 06:58 AM
    I don't know of I'm doing something wrong but I can't help get me hub to restart! I don't need to right now but would like to try it so I can when I need it.

02-12-13 06:58 AM
    Watch Kevin's video again, and follow his steps to the letter. Let us know how you get on...

I don't know of I'm doing something wrong but I can't help get me hub to restart! I don't need to right now but would like to try it so I can when I need it.

02-12-13 07:08 AM
    I don't know about you but when i did this my hub started way faster them Kevin's does in the video. but after the hub restarted i had nothing but problems with my phone.

No sound
    blank screen on many apps
    sluggish moving through the UI

I ended up having to reboot my Z10. Leaves me wondering if this is a bug or feature.
    02-12-13 07:47 AM
    I don't know about you but when i did this my hub started way faster them Kevin's does in the video. but after the hub restarted i had nothing but problems with my phone.

No sound
    blank screen on many apps
    sluggish moving through the UI

I ended up having to reboot my Z10. Leaves me wondering if this is a bug or feature.
    Yes mine started much faster than on the video.

Although I can't say I noticed the issues you are describing; I did however notice my phone getting hotter than usual but I assumed that was to do with using 3G instead of WiFi as I usually do.

02-12-13 10:08 AM
    Honestly, the hub restart thing is likely only for developers and should not have been shown by Kevin. Not only is it pretty much unnecessary, but rebuilding the Hub database probably requires the phone to reindex everything, and that would explain why the above poster described their phone getting hotter, or why most people reported bad battery life for the first few days of use.
    02-12-13 10:12 AM
    Honestly, the hub restart thing is likely only for developers and should not have been shown by Kevin. Not only is it pretty much unnecessary, but rebuilding the Hub database probably requires the phone to reindex everything, and that would explain why the above poster described their phone getting hotter, or why most people reported bad battery life for the first few days of use.
    This actually makes a lot of sense. I think you might be right. My battery life does seem worse today. Originally it improved a lot (so much that I made a thread about it) but now it seems worse again since trying this.

02-12-13 10:34 AM