Some of my PlayBook chat contacts show directly in my address book as PlayBook video chat. But I have also discovered if you put an Os 10 pin into your PlayBook video chat you can chat directly with the phone as well.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 08:42 PM
    I was just wondering about that earlier today, I figured it wouldn't work until PB OS got updated though. thanks!
    02-12-13 01:14 AM
    Cool, good to know.
    02-12-13 02:29 AM
    it works well i tested it with my PB and GF's Z 10
    02-12-13 03:37 AM
    it works well i tested it with my PB and GF's Z 10
    04-04-13 10:02 AM
    Wow this is awesome bb10 and PlayBook can video chat
    04-04-13 10:03 AM
    Yep, I can confirm it works. But Z10 cannot call PB unless the PB has already called the Z10. The Z10 must click on the call history to call the PB.

Posted via Red Z10
    04-04-13 12:54 PM
    It's a really nice feature. I've been using it quite a bit actually. First one caught me by surprise... I was half asleep and didn't even realize what was happening for a few seconds, haha
    04-04-13 12:58 PM
    This has been posted about by myself back in Feb.

You can call the z10 from playbook and vice versa, with one exception if your on the same bbid you can not call the playbook from the z10.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    04-04-13 01:14 PM
    This has been posted about by myself back in Feb.

You can call the z10 from playbook and vice versa, with one exception if your on the same bbid you can not call the playbook from the z10.
    How does the other PlayBook determine which device to call? I had a missed call on my PlayBook but a couple of calls went through to my Z. Both were connected to wifi
    04-04-13 01:22 PM
    How does the other PlayBook determine which device to call? I had a missed call on my PlayBook but a couple of calls went through to my Z. Both were connected to wifi
    Simple by the bbid or pin of other device, u need to know this info so u know which one is whos.
    04-04-13 05:25 PM
    He's talking about when you have a PlayBook and a Z10 with the same BBID. You can do that you know...

Posted via Red Z10
    xamdam and SlcCorrado like this.
    04-04-13 05:36 PM
    Simple by the bbid or pin of other device, u need to know this info so u know which one is whos.
    Yeah, like cycletronic said... when someone "calls" me from their PlayBook, and I have a Z10 and a PlayBook, both with the same bbid, which device does the other persons PlayBook call? Like I said, they all went through to my Z, but then I had a couple of missed calls on my PlayBook.
    04-05-13 07:05 AM
    Yeah, like cycletronic said... when someone "calls" me from their PlayBook, and I have a Z10 and a PlayBook, both with the same bbid, which device does the other persons PlayBook call? Like I said, they all went through to my Z, but then I had a couple of missed calls on my PlayBook.
    Tell your friend the pin of your z10 and use that only for when he wants to call the phone.

Or

As for bbid, well i see what you mean if the playbook video chat is not open it should not receive anything including a missed call, the call should go to the z10.

Try this out as I don't have another playbook to test or another BlackBerry user to try with.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-05-13 07:32 AM
    Tell your friend the pin of your z10 and use that only for when he wants to call the phone.

Or

As for bbid, well i see what you mean if the playbook video chat is not open it should not receive anything including a missed call, the call should go to the z10.

Try this out as I don't have another playbook to test or another BlackBerry user to try with.

I'll mess around with it tomorrow and see what I can come up with
    04-05-13 07:37 AM
    I'll mess around with it tomorrow and see what I can come up with
    Ok let me know, both PB and BB phones have a pin number, so if you feel comfortable giving your pin out, then use PIN to PIN.

Just remember IF on same BBID = the blackberry.net address you can call the Z10 from PB, but not the other way around.
    04-05-13 12:24 PM
    I could video chat with the gf PB before OS was upgraded, but since I can't video chat. Why?
    I can VC PlayBook to PlayBook.
    Confused...

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:18 PM
    I could video chat with the gf PB before OS was upgraded, but since I can't video chat. Why?
    I can VC PlayBook to PlayBook.
    Confused...

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure I never tried after updating os to .85 I am in canada on rogers.

Maybe newer os has not this allowance, maybe for you or others, wait till a newer os comes out see then.

04-05-13 03:41 PM
    If you have a Z10 and a PlayBook under the same BB ID, when someone calls you it rings both the PB and the Z10.

I called(video chat) my wife and to my surprise I heard her PB ringing in the other room, and she answered from her z10 while she was on LTE at the grocery store.
    04-16-13 05:23 PM