When you save notifications settings for a particular app iin the settings menu and then restart the phone, your previous setting revert to the default! Surely this was overlooked. I tried this with CB10 and it behaves the same way.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 01:21 PM
    That's annoying. I haven't noticed that yet. Notification options are definitely lacking in BlackBerry 10 compared for OS 7 though.
    02-11-13 06:44 PM
    Never restarted my phone yet since I got it last week, so I don't know if it's happening for me. What do you mean by that exactly, though? Is it just going from Normal to Silent profile or something like that? or is it actually messing around with other settings like the specific notification sounds you chose for an app?
    02-11-13 07:27 PM
    Well it's going from silent to not silent (if you know what I mean) I don't want to be alerted every time someone posts on the forum or some news comes in. So I turn off all CB10 notifications. But restarting the phone seems to turn them back on.

Also, when you un install another app, it seems to revert your custom notification settings for other appa.... Kinda bizzare.

02-11-13 08:02 PM
    Yeah it did it again. Pretty annoying. Lets hope it's fixed in 10.1

02-12-13 04:08 AM
    So, you're getting a DING DING DING now?
    02-12-13 05:30 AM
    Nope cz I haven't restarted smart arse.

02-12-13 07:53 AM
    02-12-13 08:01 AM
    Wow glad they took those extra months to get it "perfect"!
    02-12-13 09:40 AM
    think this is the same thing going on here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...itself-770699/
    No, that's a different bug, apparently caused by bedside mode.

Gotta love the stupidity and ignorance in this post. Yes, because a bug reported by a handful of people makes the OS crappy, right? Go tell that to Apple. My iPhone wouldn't hold wifi for months before they pushed an update. Or try Google; my Nexus 4 shipped without the month of December in the calendar...
    02-12-13 09:58 AM
    don't tell me blackberry was rushing the Z10 just like they did with the Playbook.. gosh..
    02-12-13 10:32 AM
    No, that's a different bug, apparently caused by bedside mode.

Gotta love the stupidity and ignorance in this post. Yes, because a bug reported by a handful of people makes the OS crappy, right? Go tell that to Apple. My iPhone wouldn't hold wifi for months before they pushed an update. Or try Google; my Nexus 4 shipped without the month of December in the calendar...
    Not ignorance, this is one of many missing features or bugs reported. We were told the delay was to get it perfect, but it is clear that it was just to get the minimum working for the typical Android or iOS user to be satisfied, not to deliver what "BlackBerry People" expect from a device (Notifications, Bedside Mode, etc.). I'm just hoping they get all the major holes and deficiencies addressed by March US launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    02-12-13 01:46 PM
    My notifications have switched from silent even though my settings indicate that my sounds are on. The only way to fix it is to reboot. It has Happened several times already. I am not using bedside mode. Hope an update comes soon. It's really annoying.
    Why would a bug like this only affect a few people?
    02-12-13 02:05 PM
    FWIW, my rotation lock won't stay on after a restart and also gets disabled at other times too. This happens not only when I shut down the phone / restart, but when I charge at night in sleep mode. Or maybe it's that it is resetting without me seeing it (which my Z10 has done a few times now). Not sure. Does anyone at Blackberry read these forums to notify developers to fix this bug?
    03-08-13 11:08 AM