hey all,
    if you haven't seen bla1ze's demo of netflix on his z10,go watch it before reading on. does anyone have the .bar for the version of netflix that he is using? (I think its 1.8.0)
    02-10-13 06:07 PM
    Ive been trying to convert netflix 1.8 and 1.8.1 with PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and the file that comes out after the convert is a different number. I get something like 1.002 1.005 etc. So I dont know how if its just throwing me a previous netflix rather then converting my new one or what.

Tried 4 versions and none have worked. Ill have to give up and wait for somebody else to give it a try
    02-10-13 06:47 PM
    I used the same converter to try v1.0.246.0, v1.0.561.0 and v1.0.573.0 (different builds of 1.8.0 and 1.8.1) and none of them worked for me.
    02-10-13 08:13 PM
    Either it's a conspiracy, or CrackBerry is run by a committee of magicians.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    02-10-13 08:35 PM
    Come on CrackBerry give us the bar file!
    02-10-13 08:55 PM
    they mentioned it was an older version... maybe it is a REALLY old version
    02-10-13 09:00 PM
    Magic -
    02-10-13 09:01 PM
    lmao. come on Bla1ze, share your shiny new toy with the rest of the class
    02-10-13 09:12 PM
    CrackBerry team got drunk with power during the looong wait for BB10 and all there secret info. Now there trying to keep that going with apps.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    bizzyqu likes this.
    02-10-13 09:16 PM
    Get the (former) Governor on the case!
    02-10-13 09:21 PM
  11. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    i tried an old 1.3, didn't work
    02-10-13 09:26 PM
    CrackBerry team got drunk with power during the looong wait for BB10 and all there secret info. Now there trying to keep that going with apps.
    It's no secret really. Think about it.. It's an Android app. Netflix does device checks to ensure compatibility with their Android app. Early versions of the app had that disabled. Find it, convert it and you're golden. Realistically, it's not that great given how old the file is, it's slow and laggy..but yes, it does work -- at least for now. Until Netflix gets cranky and disables it even further. The app will not be released by me.. it was for personal use using my signing keys and a proof of concept in a way, consider it a "hey, netflix... clearly people want it and clearly it can work -- deliver it!" post. Honestly, I don't even remember which file it was that I even used because I tried over 30 different versions that I found around the net and on XDA. You can even look for yourself.
    inspector6, nappp and Willdroid1 like this.
    perhaps they have a leaked build of BB10 update with Jelly Bean or other updated android player with greater compatibility
    Hi Bla1ze, thanks for posting. Will u share the Netflix version #?

02-10-13 09:39 PM
    Does this look like the starting point thread where you found the version of netflix that worked?

[APP][Updated 9/13/11 V1.4] Official Netflix - xda-developers

or more specifically (from other post http://forums.crackberry.com/android...8/#post7967118):
    here is a link to 1.4.1 that supposidly works (see link below, file attached "com.netflix.mediaclient-1.zip":
    com.netflix.mediaclient-1.zip
    [APP] Netflix 1.4.1 build 262_118 Update:9-22 - xda-developers

and 1.6 with device check disabled (see link below, file attached):
    Netflix_1.6.0.apk.zip
    How To Enable Netflix to Work on Your Android Device (Updated 6/9/11) - TheUnlockr
    Last edited by TOBBUser; 02-10-13 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added link to other post in Playbook forum
    02-10-13 09:41 PM
    Bla1ze states that he is using 1.8. Googling this with device check disabled does not reveal any obvious candidates.
    02-11-13 07:40 AM
    The guys in the playbook thread have converted every apk they could find in the xda forums and none of them work, unless it only works in the z10 I call Bla1ze tease video bull****. You get the crackberry community hyped by posting the working netflix app in the main page but you dont provide the link to the bar or apk, really?
    Last edited by Blackman91; 02-11-13 at 08:15 AM.
    02-11-13 07:52 AM
    I get why he won't share the bar file. He used his developer key to sign it. But, he has no reason not to link to the apk file. He is not responsible for that file. Not linking to the apk is... unhelpful at best. At worst it is something else.

02-11-13 08:10 AM
    It's no secret really. Think about it.. It's an Android app. Netflix does device checks to ensure compatibility with their Android app. Early versions of the app had that disabled. Find it, convert it and you're golden. Realistically, it's not that great given how old the file is, it's slow and laggy..but yes, it does work -- at least for now. Until Netflix gets cranky and disables it even further. The app will not be released by me.. it was for personal use using my signing keys and a proof of concept in a way, consider it a "hey, netflix... clearly people want it and clearly it can work -- deliver it!" post. Honestly, I don't even remember which file it was that I even used because I tried over 30 different versions that I found around the net and on XDA. You can even look for yourself.
    They took off the device check a long time ago... by them, I mean Netflix themselves. Most of the recent version don't have it.
    02-11-13 08:29 AM
    Chances are, as Blaze said, he has 30 netflix apk files on his computer and he converted a bunch and one out of 30 worked. Now he's not sure which one it was. And I totally understand him not wanting to release a bar with his signing keys. But it is a bit cruel to tease the CrackBerry Nation like this .. a bit

I personally have found four different versions of 1.8.0 and none worked for me. Quite a few dead links, links to file sharing sites that either no longer exist or are shut down. So no luck for me.
    02-11-13 08:56 AM
    Did you try 1.8.1 Full Rotation Mod?

02-11-13 09:06 AM
    Yup.. Sorry but showing netflix running on the home page of the site and then not providing a link to the apk is pretty ****ty.. And its contrary to "community" type atmosphere this site has been pushing for as long as i recall.

Let down for sure.. hopefully someone figures it out.. There is a huge will, maybe not enough enlighted people yet.
    02-11-13 10:26 AM
    send me all those apk's, Ill try em all, I'm up to 20 different ones now. I save one at a time to my desktop, then instal, try, reboot phone, the it goes into a folder title Netflix converted but not working. when find one that works, it will go into the presently empty SUCCESS! Folder. the onto bitly and a link and a dload page set up. its funny, at one point last night, that apk to bar site had nothing but netflix on it. none worked. lmao
    MXBerry, nappp, schmeat and 1 others like this.
    02-11-13 12:08 PM
    send me all those apk's, Ill try em all, I'm up to 20 different ones now. I save one at a time to my desktop, then instal, try, reboot phone, the it goes into a folder title Netflix converted but not working. when find one that works, it will go into the presently empty SUCCESS! Folder. the onto bitly and a link and a dload page set up. its funny, at one point last night, that apk to bar site had nothing but netflix on it. none worked. lmao
    Keep it up.

thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-11-13 12:18 PM
    I have noticed though that when you convert an apk the version number on it changes to one number below,, so as per Bla1ze's blog post and the 1.8 I would surmise a 1.8.1 and up to 1.9 might be the key...
    02-11-13 12:31 PM
79 123 ...