I've been trying to get my music on my Z10 since launch now. My computer is not a piece of garbage but pretty much any command I give BlackBerry Link causes it to not respond. It takes a lot of time to navigate around my media and it will often crash...

Am I the only one experiencing this? Would appreciate some insight.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by grevan88; 02-10-13 at 02:13 PM. Reason: typos
    02-10-13 01:50 PM
    I find it pretty confusing and not polished. It's annoying. Half the time I'm unsure if it's working or not and have to double check the device if files were sync or trying to get rid of some files but they won't disappear

02-10-13 01:55 PM
    I've been trying to yet my music on here for an hour now and still have been unsuccessful. I love blackberry and believe me I'm a die hard but I'm kinda disheartened that they allowed for such flaws when they knew everything was riding on this. I was hoping to see a new blackberry that released polished, ready for business products. Here's to hoping that us Canadians are just the beta testers... I'm okay with that. But if this stuff launches in America in this state, BBRY will have trouble.

02-10-13 01:58 PM
    take a little time to play w/ it,,, i use it for my playbook, (yes, it works), & it's not so bad,,, the graphics are way better than DTM...
    02-10-13 01:58 PM
    I had no trouble at all..
    Just drag and drop

02-10-13 02:03 PM
    Wow I'm having so much trouble with mine!

02-10-13 02:07 PM
    Mine is perfectly fine. Even with issues others reported and such. I was able to copy all my playlists, photos, etc. without any problems. Though one complaint is that the initial sync took WAY too long, and it was wired, not over wifi!
    02-10-13 02:13 PM
    Folks, long time reader, but this is the first time I'm posting.

While I enjoy the interface of BBLink, I have come across a MASSIVE issue... I had a folder called "All Pictures" on my computer, and it was shown as part of the list of folders to sync within BBLink, on the computer tab. I wanted to remove it as nothing was actually syncing, and then either re-add specific folders or simply the "All Picutres" folder once more. I removed it from BBLink, and it warned me about "removing folder will clear existing sync relationships".

I didn't realize that this meant "I will actually delete the "All Pictures" folder from your computer as well!"

So, now I'm looking at my computer, and cannot find the photos.... Any idea how to undo this ? I lost a bunch of pictures taken over the years...
    02-10-13 03:00 PM
    Did you check your recycling bin? The program shouldn't have been able to permanently clear those items from your computer.

02-10-13 03:04 PM
    It's pretty much unusable for me. I select 10 songs. drag them to sync them cpu % goes up to 110%. then it takes a long time to finish up. Songs are in the blackberry link device tab but they are NOT on the device itself... no idea what else to do other than use as mass storage and do it all manually.
    02-10-13 03:05 PM
    Yup, I checked the bin and it is not there.

02-10-13 03:06 PM
    Also, on windows 7, you have your "Libraries". Now I cannot see the folders there either. The only thing I can think is that maybe the link software messed with the file structure and they are there, but not visible...

02-10-13 03:09 PM
    Mine seems to make the music folder for tracks I want to transfer but then doesn't move any actual files. What I do is turn on usb storage and do it manually. Saves a lot of time.
    02-10-13 03:17 PM
    Mine seems to make the music folder for tracks I want to transfer but then doesn't move any actual files. What I do is turn on usb storage and do it manually. Saves a lot of time.
    pretty much what I have to do but it's annoying when you want to select only a certain album from an artist. Having albums in the artists sub folder you have to open individually and copy one by one. Create artist folder manually on sd card then move the album I want. No other choice if I want to have a browsable collection while using my car's radio
    02-10-13 03:32 PM
    BlackBerry Link is not well thought out and needs a rewrite! Options are missing along with control over what the program is doing. BlackBerry desktop is way better.

02-10-13 03:39 PM
    It won't even let me back up..
    02-10-13 03:49 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering. I really hope there's some sort of update soon.

02-10-13 04:01 PM
    hopefully they can fix these issues quickly because as of right now it's pretty much useless.
    Also telling me there is an update all the time but all it does is reinstall carrier apps.
    02-10-13 04:34 PM
    Can you not go through My Computer and drag and drop?
    02-10-13 04:38 PM
    Folks, quick update: I spoke to my cousin over the phone and within two minutes he knew what the issue was. Pictures are still alive and well... phew... the problem was that blackberry link broke the association with the public folder within the pictures libraries. If that happens to you, simply go your user> my pictures> public pictures and they should be there...

02-10-13 05:05 PM
    Can you not go through My Computer and drag and drop?
    only with an SD card in and in mass storage mode. if it's not I have to use the BB link but it doesn't work. And I can't seem to be able to connect to it wirelessly. Overall, blackberry link is almost useless in my case
    02-10-13 09:03 PM
    FOR THOSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH LINK SOFTWARE CRASHING/NOT RECOGNIZING CONNECTED PHONE:
    make sure you have un-installed all previous versions of blackberry desktop software and the drivers associated with them. Uninstall everything old blackberry, reboot, install blackberry link.
    02-10-13 10:05 PM
    FOR THOSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH LINK SOFTWARE CRASHING/NOT RECOGNIZING CONNECTED PHONE:
    make sure you have un-installed all previous versions of blackberry desktop software and the drivers associated with them. Uninstall everything old blackberry, reboot, install blackberry link.
    new computer, never had any BB software installed. Tried to install a few times with reboot but no luck
    02-10-13 10:18 PM
    only with an SD card in and in mass storage mode. if it's not I have to use the BB link but it doesn't work. And I can't seem to be able to connect to it wirelessly. Overall, blackberry link is almost useless in my case
    Out of curiosity, if you can still drag and drop videos, music, documents, etc, then why bother at all with Link? Personally, this has always been the strongest feature for me of having a blackberry phone. I find desktop manager programs to be insidouous products that bury themselves deeply into your OS sucking the life out of it and assuming that its users are to stupid to think for themselves. Drag and drop if its there is the way to go. The only time I use a desktop manager program is to back up my devices. Every thing else, I'll do it manually.
    02-10-13 10:49 PM
    BlackBerry Link is terrible. I just add songs through windows explorer. I have the same problems as the OP, it always crashes.

kevinnugent and robkd like this.
    02-10-13 10:54 PM
60 123