So I've had a good read at the other threads about the 9900 charging cradle and they only seem to touch on the issue of the 9900 charging problems.

I've had my 9900 cradle for about 10 months now and it has been working perfectly, however, recently when I put my 9900 in the cradle the flashing lighting bolt will appear for about a minute then it will display the 'fully charged' plug symbol and not charge my bold.

The following make no difference:
    Swapping from a USB to AC connection (both have the same error)
    Updating the OS
    Re-positioning the blackberry

Anybody else experiencing a similar error?

-Dweldom
    02-10-13 09:38 AM
    Same problem here, my 9900 charges when I plug the cable in the side, but not when it's on the blackberry stand. I've cleaned the pins and swapped the battery but not found a solution.
    02-12-13 08:43 AM
    I would think the same for both of the above:

If it charges ok direct from the wall charger.

Buy a new cradle, it's kaput.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 12:24 PM
    Buy a cheap one off ebay. Thats where I got mine and I haven't had any problems with it ever. If I do, only another $6 for a new one lol

02-12-13 01:18 PM
    I too am having issues with the cradle. I had MUCH better results with the old style Bold and cradle that had the contacts on the BACK of the phone instead of the bottom. What is happening is that I find myself having to reposition the phone back and forth and side to side until contact is made and it goes into clock mode. But I have been faked out by it, like last night, where it did not make contact and the phone was completely dead when I woke up. Fortunately, I woke up on my own and didn't rely on the alarm! In any case, this design...in a word...sucks! My workaround, as stated above, is to plug the cable in directly into the side of the phone, but that totally defeats the purpose of having a cradle! ARGH!
    02-13-13 12:03 PM
    I too am having issues with the cradle. I had MUCH better results with the old style Bold and cradle that had the contacts on the BACK of the phone instead of the bottom. What is happening is that I find myself having to reposition the phone back and forth and side to side until contact is made and it goes into clock mode. But I have been faked out by it, like last night, where it did not make contact and the phone was completely dead when I woke up. Fortunately, I woke up on my own and didn't rely on the alarm! In any case, this design...in a word...sucks! My workaround, as stated above, is to plug the cable in directly into the side of the phone, but that totally defeats the purpose of having a cradle! ARGH!
    Initially, I used the original Blackberry cradle, it was rubbish. I experienced the same problems as you, just couldn't rely on it. I then purchased an aftermarket unit from Amazon which fits perfectly. It fits snugly around the bottom of the phone so every time you drop the phone into it the connectors immediately make contact. It will stay that way all night.

02-13-13 12:47 PM