My BlackBerry Z10 only charges until 99%.
    Any ideas?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 07:14 AM
    Had same problem are you in UK???

I recently swapped the phone and the battery is sooooo much better and it charges to 100% which it never did!!!!

BigR3dBri and Distrack like this.
    02-10-13 07:17 AM
    PlayBook does it occasionally too. If you reboot with it still plugged in it seems to realize it is indeed charged

Distrack likes this.
    02-10-13 07:20 AM
    Sometimes if you let it run dead and then charge it resets the percentage.
    02-10-13 07:24 AM
    I did let it fully discharge - still at 99%. I will try rebooting while plugged in.

I am in Canada eh!

02-10-13 07:29 AM
    This was in another post about a week ago in another thread...but I will state this again. The PlayBook when it was first released had the same issues and it was corrected with the first OS update...
    02-10-13 07:45 AM
    Thanks. I searched but nothing came up.

any ideas whena update will come?
    02-10-13 08:38 AM
    I did have this happen on my PlayBook too but if the software corrected it why is it happenin on the Z10. Same OS?
    02-10-13 08:44 AM
    I have the same problem, the thing that worries me is it says it's constantly charging, I can only guess that isn't good.

I had some problems with Facebook once and uninstalled it, my battery went to 100 right away and stopped charging shortly after. But now Facebook is working well and it doesn't make a difference if it's un installed or not, still stuck at 99% and charging.

02-10-13 09:50 AM
    My BlackBerry Z10 only charges until 99%.
    Any ideas?

The HW measures the battery voltage to decide when to stop charging. Every battery is different, so 99% and 100% make no difference at all.
    02-10-13 10:04 AM
    The HW measures the battery voltage to decide when to stop charging. Every battery is different, so 99% and 100% make no difference at all.
    This. When they say they "fixed" it, they're likely just calibrating it to show the upper limits of 99% as 100% for anal users like the OP. Overcharging is horrible for batteries. Most things charge to anywhere between 95-99% depending on certain conditions. My Mac stops at 96%. This is to protect the battery, and is not a flaw.

If it was only charging to 50%, that would be a flaw...
    02-10-13 10:16 AM
    I still get the lighting bolt so it appears it is still charging.

If it "Full" wouldn't it stop charging?

02-13-13 11:21 AM
    I'm having the same problem... it doesn't ever fully charge... for example.. the green led light never comes on and the lightning bolt continues to show. This is makes me very worried... to exchange or not to exchange? It doesn't seem like many are having this issue. Hmm.. this is a tough one
    02-14-13 10:21 AM
    I have the same issue.. my switches between 99%/100% constantly and the screen turns on and off constantly making it very annoying...
    02-15-13 04:00 AM
    My friend also has the same problem. That's why I'm still thinking if I'd get a Z10. Still happy with my current BB now. hehehe.
    02-15-13 04:04 AM
    My friend also has the same problem. That's why I'm still thinking if I'd get a Z10. Still happy with my current BB now. hehehe.
    The first three recharge cycles should be from a fully exhausted (0% and automatic shut-down) of the BlackBerry Z10. That is to say, let the smartphone shut itself down, plug in the wall charger and do not power-on of the smartphone. After the battery is fully charged disconnect the charger from the wall socket followed by the USB port and manually power-up the smartphone. The battery typically needs to be calibrated when bought and then once a month to keep it in peak health.
    02-15-13 05:50 AM
    The 1% difference is actually no noticeable difference at all. The problem is that the battery will still be charged (altough very little current is used). This means that the battery probably was faulty from the beginning on (often it is the battery and not the phone itself - with every device you have a small chance that you receive it with a faulty battery...). Thus please get it replaced, it has to go to 100% and stop charging, otherwise the product is faulty.

When you receive a new Z10 the battery will have a bit of charge, but it will not be fully charged. You can start using it with the charge it already has, but please do not forget to plug it in and let it charge fully before the battery is completely drained. If possible try to never drain the battery completely (to the point where the phone either shuts down or turns off without warning). You do not need to calibrate the battery, just never drain it completely, this is important as it will decrease the overall capacity. With completely I mean trying to start up the device after it already shut down once or even twice.
    02-15-13 05:50 AM
    Update: I am finally able to fully charge my z10!... only when turned off.. today was the first time i've see the green LED light after having the z10 for a week now
    02-15-13 11:58 AM
    I�ve had a Z10 for 1 month now, when I saw youtube videos it froze up, many times and restarted, but his last time it didn�t restart, I did many battery pulls and still no response, when I plug the charging cable, nothing happens. I did a "reload device software" through BBLink, the installation went apparently good with the 10.0.10.99 update, but still, my device won�t start, and it heats up, with periodically blinking of a red led light. Need Help Please!!!
    04-11-13 02:50 PM
    I�ve had a Z10 for 1 month now, when I saw youtube videos it froze up, many times and restarted, but his last time it didn�t restart, I did many battery pulls and still no response, when I plug the charging cable, nothing happens. I did a "reload device software" through BBLink, the installation went apparently good with the 10.0.10.99 update, but still, my device won�t start, and it heats up, with periodically blinking of a red led light. Need Help Please!!!
    Takes it back for a replacement. Call your carrier ask them to connect you to BBRY.
    04-11-13 03:13 PM
    There are other threads on this that explains not only is this normal but the reason behind it. It is NORMAL to have an 99%, it can still mean it's full. But, if th screen is going funky, that can be different.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:29 PM
    I was hoping I wasn't alone in this. My first z10 never showed a full charge, I exchanged it and didn't have a problem. Now in the last 2 days my phone is doing the same thing. Add that to my constant reboots it is a little annoying!
    04-27-13 08:33 AM
    99% is just as good as 100% for me lol
    05-23-13 02:42 PM
    would somebody help me?
    y my z10 doesnt show green light even if i charged it for hours?
    i turn it off to charge my battery but it keeps blinking..
    i know that when it's fully charge the green light should appear right?
    but how mine doesnt?
    05-25-13 09:53 PM
    Mine charges to 89-90% only and then shows that it is full charged.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 165382
    Attachment 165383
    05-26-13 02:21 AM
48 12