I often send emails to a group of people ( a large group of contacts for our sports teams) There was a option to create group and add contacts with the old software. I have not been able to find the function on the software for OS 10 ? Any suggestions for grouping contacts ?
    02-09-13 03:42 PM
    Thanks for getting a BlackBerry Z10 and welcome to CrackBerry!

This does not appear to be currently supported. Will try looking into this further and follow up.
    02-09-13 04:39 PM
    thank you... I will be so disappointed if they removed this option
    02-09-13 05:10 PM
    thank you... I will be so disappointed if they removed this option
    I just checked. It doesn't appear to be supported currently on the device. Nor do Contact Groups sync through Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. The workaround is perform Group-related functions through Outlook Web Access in the Browser.

It's not so much that they sought to remove it but that they could only implement so many things for the initial BlackBerry 10 launch. This *is* a popular feature amongst office workers, especially those who use Microsoft Outlook or Google Gmail / Apps. It appears that BlackBerry is working on this but there's no ETA right now. Sorry. See:
    KB33578-Contacts are not migrated to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if contact groups exist

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry!
    02-09-13 05:24 PM
    I often send emails to a group of people ( a large group of contacts for our sports teams) There was a option to create group and add contacts with the old software. I have not been able to find the function on the software for OS 10 ? Any suggestions for grouping contacts ?
    I too send email and texts as a group to my clients. i'm very disappointed that this option is not on the contacts menu....BB better fix this and soon!!! outside options i found are $25 / month and i didn't pay $700 for a phone and $82/mn to use outside software to group contacts!
    02-10-13 10:26 AM
    I too am sooooooo disappointed that this is not available. I find it so hard to believe that this is not BB fault. I am so tired of reading how BB is so good for backing up all your contacts and then we switch over to a supposed BETTER new os and things like this (on desktop email groups are standard features) are missed by developers. My frustration level with this phone right from going from desktop manager to BB LINK, which I would have thought should have been very simple, quickly made me frustrated. I load the new BB LINK and it asks for BB user name and password , then when I enter it , it tells me I don't have anything running 10os registered!!!!!! DUH I was told in there instructions to load LINK then hook up my old phone to save data, nowhere I saw said you needed to skip signing in so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I did wrong. I guess I must have been the first person out of the thousands of test phones they claim to have had out that was really really confused that it did not recognize that this was a new account setting up a new phone. HOW can this be it just seems so basic that I haven't got a phone running on BB10 when I log into there new sight for the first time. I could go on and on about basics this phone doesn't have and how confusing I still find it after a week. Don't even want to get started on how bad the ALERT customization is. I think other than nice screen and fast internet I much prefer my BOLD.
    02-13-13 08:18 PM
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents here.... Group Contacts are extremely important in my business. If I know I was going to lose them on the switch to the Z10, I would not have switched. This is a huge disappointment and I hope BlackBerry resolves it.
    jason2942 likes this.
    03-04-13 05:03 PM
    Is there an update on this feature? Will we be seeing this in the near future?
    03-14-13 09:26 AM
    Why don't you ask BlackBerry yourself? This website is full of fans, not BlackBerry employees.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:53 AM
    Why don't you ask BlackBerry yourself? This website is full of fans, not BlackBerry employees.

Posted via CB10
    Wow zippy... Thx for the insightful response.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:38 PM
    Don't know how I've managed it but on my old Bold and Torch I had our children in a contact group called "kids". Not being able to find a way of creating a group on my Z10 I sent a text to both children and found a group called kids had been created. I now clear each chat and am continuing to use this"Kids" group quite successfully - strange.
    I am also very disappointed with the lack of Notification/Alert profiles, the innability to save SMS messages and the fact that forwarding a message seems to forward the whole chat.
    C'mon BB
    thelink74 likes this.
    03-14-13 06:59 PM
    Thanks for getting a BlackBerry Z10 and welcome to CrackBerry!

This does not appear to be currently supported. Will try looking into this further and follow up.
    04-05-13 10:17 AM
    Many nice features on Z 10 but tried to navigate groups from my BlackBerry Bold to the new BlackBerry Z10... seems not possible! For me this is a major functional defect as I found it always a very useful feature which other mobile manufacturers have included! Please advise if there is a way to solve this problem...
    04-05-13 10:23 AM
    Many nice features on Z 10 but tried to navigate groups from my BlackBerry Bold to the new BlackBerry Z10... seems not possible! For me this is a major functional defect as I found it always a very useful feature which other mobile manufacturers have included! Please advise if there is a way to solve this problem...
    I'm waiting for a solution too.

Disappointing to say the least.
    04-08-13 01:52 PM
    I need group contact for both business and recreation. How could they leave this out.
    05-21-13 09:38 PM
    If you are using active sync then you can pull group contacts from your server as long as you have created them and saved them in the GAL.

If you don't have rights to the GAL then you'll need someone to create the group or give you rights.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:16 PM
    wondering if BB is working on this issue, since not getting any answer in CB threads, also waiting for auto on off which was useful function too on my previous 9800
    05-23-13 07:08 PM
    Possible solution on Z10 - I saved the email which has all the people that I wanted to group under new folder (called it "Group Emails" and chuck it under Saved Messages) and send out meeting invites or group email via that this saved message. Not very sophisticated but it works.

Agree that BB needs to work on this issue, as well as the auto on off feature which was useful in my old bb.
    06-10-13 02:33 AM
    Honestly, send BlackBerry an email about features you want. 10.2 is going to have multiple alarms due to the uproar that the lack of this feature caused. Ditto for synching email beyond 30 days (this came in 10.1 I believe).

They actually base their prioritization of feature requests, in large part, by demand from users. So send them an internet.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:28 AM
    I have Q10 which is the same as the Z10 in terms of contact groups for both email & text. This is the most used feature by me when I had to text and/or email groups for the business I am in...which I used with my Bold 9700. Hindsight is 20/20....I'm questioning if I should have just upgraded to Bold 9900 instead until Blackberry 10 has worked out most issues of launching new products such as Blackberry 10. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or devastated but regardless if Crackberry, Blackberry or whomever can notify me when the group contacts for text and emails has been resolved. Thank you.
    08-17-13 07:29 AM
    Yes, same here. I CANNOT BELIEVE BB DID NOT INCLUDE THIS FROM THE GET GO. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!
    08-21-13 05:52 PM
    The only feature I am missing from Windows phone. Love how they handle groups. Android was basic but at least it was there. This has to be added in an update soon!
    08-21-13 05:55 PM