Any thoughts on what this could be?
    "BlackBerry also says that a docking station will arrive this year for the Z10 that will replace your laptop or desktop computer. "
    BlackBerry plans new PlayBook as Z10 is best ever UK launch | CNET UK
    02-09-13 07:33 AM
    Maybe it'll be like Apples keyboard dock that was available for the first iPad (on a smaller scale). Google it.
    02-09-13 07:46 AM
    Think "Motorola Atrix" just way better.
    02-09-13 07:51 AM
    Any thoughts on what this could be?
    "BlackBerry also says that a docking station will arrive this year for the Z10 that will replace your laptop or desktop computer. "
    BlackBerry plans new PlayBook as Z10 is best ever UK launch | CNET UK
    While I never took the step of 'replacing' my desktop with it, I did test the Atrix for several months and that included using it with both a desktop and laptop dock. It worked pretty well - though a little slow - for laptop replacement with the laptop dock for things like RDP sessions and accessing client email systems (I have clients that insist on using their internal email rather than just adding a contact with my email address to their system). Using the media dock on a desk, I liked the functionality but it wasn't rich enough to 'replace' the desktop.

Having said all that, I'm intrigued by the idea, given Citrix' Receiver and how it worked on the Playbook combined with the migration that many are considering to VDI environments. Assuming decent responsiveness and appropriate underlying infrastructure, I can see some businesses taking a hard look in this direction.
    02-09-13 08:14 AM
    02-09-13 08:52 AM
    While I never took the step of 'replacing' my desktop with it, I did test the Atrix for several months and that included using it with both a desktop and laptop dock. It worked pretty well - though a little slow - for laptop replacement with the laptop dock for things like RDP sessions and accessing client email systems (I have clients that insist on using their internal email rather than just adding a contact with my email address to their system). Using the media dock on a desk, I liked the functionality but it wasn't rich enough to 'replace' the desktop.

Having said all that, I'm intrigued by the idea, given Citrix' Receiver and how it worked on the Playbook combined with the migration that many are considering to VDI environments. Assuming decent responsiveness and appropriate underlying infrastructure, I can see some businesses taking a hard look in this direction.
    I too had (still have it actually) the Atrix, and I agree it was a little slow when in Lapdock mode. However, this was entirely due to processing capabilities, namely only dual core with 1 GB RAM. Although the processors have come a long way since then, i'm still hesitant to think the Z10 could handle any real processing (not just web browsing or email). On top of that, with no USB OTG support, it's hard to consider this as any kind of computing replacement, be it desktop or laptop. For those who want to plug it in to a HDMI monitor and do some browsing, email, and light spreadsheet work, sure. But I think it will be awhile before any actual computing could get done. Perhaps the Aristo will be better suited for this.
    02-09-13 09:08 AM
    Full video speech here (prob skip the first 15 min and play in the background - it's long): Podium - Tuesday, February 5 2013 - Toronto - Rogers TV
    02-09-13 09:33 AM
    BlackBerry need to implement a printing ability for bb10 for home usage. it would be nice to be able to print a .doc or PDF attachment straight from the Z10.
    02-09-13 10:10 AM
    This interests me... I've heard that QNX has the ability to share processing power across devices. Imagine if bb10 works like that, PB and phone docked together with a physical, full size keyboard. Very interesting, and may succeed where the Atrix didn't take off for some reason...
    02-09-13 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry need to implement a printing ability for bb10 for home usage. it would be nice to be able to print a .doc or PDF attachment straight from the Z10.
    There is an app for that. Although I didn't try it yet

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 12:08 PM
    I'd be worried that the home screen can't be used in Landscape :\

Although it's "Usable" in portrait through HDMI, I wouldn't say it's ideal in the Aesthetic sense
    02-09-13 12:20 PM
    As far as printing goes. We (Ricoh) have a Hot Spot printing app available on both the Z10 and the PlayBook. Although not ideal for home, would be handy for when you're out and about if you find a place that supports it.

We have a machine at the Technology center that supports the function and is online. Next time I'm there I'm gonna give it a sneaky go ;D
    02-09-13 12:22 PM