hey all,
    quick question while i get used to having an all touch screen
    when ever i am typing something, whether it is a text, an email address or a message on my phone, it will do something like shift+ the letters i am trying to type. it seems to do this with the outside buttons on the key board
    for example:
    if i were to type the word "type", i would capitalize the letter "P" so i would end up with "tyP" , then, when i go to delete it, i get a <<XI symbol above the delete button, even though i have only tapped the delete button once. this is causing me a lot of frustration since the "double delete icon" actually deletes EVERYTHING i wrote, so i have to start over again, running me in circles.

am i touching too close to the edges? am i hovering too close to the button and it is picking up my fingers heat? maybe it is a setting i can undo? please help because i am really taking a leap of faith with not using a physical key pad!

THX
    02-08-13 10:54 PM
    No solution but my husband is having the exact same issues on his Z10. Maybe a software issue?
    02-08-13 11:18 PM
    I was reading another thread, sorry can't remember which one, where it seems it is a setting. Can't remember that either probably because I don't have one yet.
    02-08-13 11:21 PM
    ill keep looking, but it anyone knows a fix, i would appreciate it!
    02-09-13 12:09 AM
    Capitalization and word delete are both features you get by holding the key down. Are you holding the key down for too long?

...but also I think I recall reading something about turning magnification, or something like that, off will fix this...?

Edit: ya its magnification mode in the accessibility menu. Do you have that turned on?
    02-09-13 12:16 AM
    I think it's in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-line-768094/
    02-09-13 12:17 AM
    thanks, i just found and tested it at the same time as you posted, confirmed that this was the issue. thanks for your help guys!

Turn on Magnify
    You can use Magnify from anywhere on your BlackBerry device. You can zoom in to or zoom out from the screen, even if you use an application that doesn't normally support zooming.

On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap Settings Settings > Accessibility.
    Set the Magnify Mode switch to On(or in this case, off)
    02-09-13 12:29 AM
    Great. I'm glad your issue has been resolved
    02-09-13 12:32 AM
    "You're holding it wrong" I'm guessing when you reach for the P your left hand thumb "Base" pushes the shift key.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 12:50 AM
    Was about to update that hubby's keyboard issue was resolved by changing magnification setting but of course it's already here. This is why I love crackberry.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 06:28 PM