View Poll Results: Do you own or have hands on experience with BB10 and thevZ10?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I bought/ow the new BB 10 phone

63 64.29%
  • I've only messed around with a demo/friends BB10 device

11 11.22%
  • No, I donot own a BB10 phone and I have not used one myself

22 22.45%
  • I had a Dev Device, but I donot own or havent used the final released phone and OS

2 2.04%
    I'm just curious, how many people here who are saying that BB10 is bad, terrible, average, or "not as advanced as (insert favorite OS you love here), have actually used the phone?

Also, how many people who are saying BB10 is "AWESOMESAUCE! The Best OS Ever. It's sooo intuitive. I Love it. The HUB is Great.Who needs a home button?" actually have any hands on experience with the phone and OS?

I suspect not many because, for one, the phone hasn't been released in a lot of markets. A lot of people are going by Crackberry, CNET, BGR(I don't know why people here still visit this site), The Verge, etc... reading/ a ton of articles and reviews, and Hype, and are now forming an opinion based on absolutely no hands on experience with the OS or the phone. Saying, "WHY did they give it a 7? It deserves a 10 for sure. The phone/OS is AWESOME!"

I haven't said much about BB10 and the Z10 because I haven't used them. There are a few things that I don't like or I think may annoy me, but, I will hold my final thoughts/review for when I actually pick up and use the phone. From what I've seen though, the phone and OS looks really good.

Again, just wondering.

Don't Forget To VOTE!!!
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 02-08-13 at 08:13 PM.
    LAZYMAN 91 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:02 PM
    I'm typing this on a z10, and it is the best.
    Very happy with it. If you think that the keyboard is great without using it, when you do, it will blow your mind.
    02-08-13 08:11 PM
    I haven't used one, but I am an advocate of it. Although I haven't said it's the best thing ever, just defending it when people have been overly negative. Will own one soon enough
    02-08-13 08:13 PM
    The phone is great.....but different and that is probably a major source of the negative posts. It has some flaws but no deal breakers as far as I am concerned. On the whole it is a huge leap forward.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:18 PM
    I'm agreeing with Robtanz. I also find the Z10 a great phone, and a real step up from the 9900 I had.
    Yes there are a few things I liked with the older BBOS, but nothing deal breaking.
    I also realize that this is a brand new OS and there will be refinements down the road.
    02-08-13 08:29 PM
    I'll let the forum app do the talking

Straight BlackBerry 10 deliciousness

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-09-13 02:19 AM
    I have had mine for a week now and I am typing this from it now and I think it is great!

02-09-13 03:12 AM
    Got mine on Feb 5th on release day in Canada. wife got one too. both of us are loving it. ...... when I pull it out in public or at work ppl come over and are very interested in seeing it. response is very very positive.
    02-09-13 03:21 AM
    I'm using it right now in the UAE. It's amazing. I can't pull the phone out without people asking me about it. I give them a small demonstration and they are sold.

The only slightly negative thing I ever say about the phone is the battery life. Then again its too soon to judge as I'm constantly on it and when the novelty factor wears off I'm sure the battery will be ok. Not great but ok.

I'm typing with in in here right now.

Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-09-13 04:05 AM
    Proud owner of a z10 here. Loving it so far!
    02-09-13 04:22 AM
    I'm lucky enough to live in the UK and I must say that this phone really is a game changer. The keyboard is sublime, the interface us just about perfect, voice control is accurate, the browser is rapid.... u could go on forever.

I LOVED my Bold but this has surpassed even my highest expectations. It has to be experienced to be believed

02-09-13 04:41 AM
    I had a coworker tell me today that Droid was dominating and that iOS and BlackBerry are dead...that BB10 is just a sad last ditch effort to stay in the market...I laughed and asked if he had anti-virus on his droid...he said yeah...."point proven"...

wish I could upgrade to a Z10...
    02-09-13 04:41 AM
    I have the z10 and I'm replying to this thread with it, on the new cb app. This is the best app that exists In the blackberry right now?!! Typing is awesome.. the phone is awesome...

02-09-13 04:45 AM
    I'm just curious, how many people here who are saying that BB10 is bad, terrible, average, or "not as advanced as (insert favorite OS you love here), have actually used the phone?

Also, how many people who are saying BB10 is "AWESOMESAUCE! The Best OS Ever. It's sooo intuitive. I Love it. The HUB is Great.Who needs a home button?" actually have any hands on experience with the phone and OS?

I suspect not many because, for one, the phone hasn't been released in a lot of markets. A lot of people are going by Crackberry, CNET, BGR(I don't know why people here still visit this site), The Verge, etc... reading/ a ton of articles and reviews, and Hype, and are now forming an opinion based on absolutely no hands on experience with the OS or the phone. Saying, "WHY did they give it a 7? It deserves a 10 for sure. The phone/OS is AWESOME!"

I haven't said much about BB10 and the Z10 because I haven't used them. There are a few things that I don't like or I think may annoy me, but, I will hold my final thoughts/review for when I actually pick up and use the phone. From what I've seen though, the phone and OS looks really good.

Again, just wondering.

Don't Forget To VOTE!!!
    Happily, everything we own now is Blackberry. Z10s and Playbooks. We love them. Solid devifes, well built, and smooth.

In fact, I have yet to turn off my Z10 since I bought it 5 days ago. I just plug it in when I need a recharge
    02-09-13 04:45 AM
    Using my z10 right now. Haven't been able to put it down ever since I've gotten it.

Moonbase0ne likes this.
    02-09-13 04:53 AM
    I went from Sweden to UK on release day and bought Z10's to my family. Everyone is very happy with the devices and the experience so far is superior anything else. Great hardware and software that's well written with awesome potential. Couldnt have asked for more.

Skeevecr and Snap51 like this.
    02-09-13 05:22 AM
    I have a Z10 and it's a great smartphone. It's different than the old BlackBerry OS so it takes some getting used to.

02-09-13 05:46 AM
    To all the people who have one, I hate you all. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-09-13 05:53 AM
    I am enjoying my z10 and happy with it so far. My only gripe is that not all the apps from the PlayBook isn't available Yet. Also I am finding the battery very short compared with the iPhone. But overall the experience has been pretty good. I just hope they put more of the quality apps and games up soon. I really enjoyed playing with jetpack during the times when u am bored.

02-09-13 06:50 AM
    Im having a galaxy SIII at this moment but my eyes or on bb Z10 now....my kids had the "old" bb's....ohw boy I hated those things...now the kids are laughing ...because I like the Z10 ..sooooo I think daddy is going to buy one when its out here in the netherlands

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    02-09-13 06:56 AM
    Got the Z10 on the launch day in Canada love it love it love it love it......sure I miss the bridge for the legacy OS its gonna get fixed soon as the PlayBook gets an Os update mean while I got the crackberry 10 app to keep me posted .....proof look under my post...he he he. ;-)

Stewartj1 and nocturnal123 like this.
    02-09-13 06:59 AM
    I had a coworker tell me today that Droid was dominating and that iOS and BlackBerry are dead...that BB10 is just a sad last ditch effort to stay in the market...I laughed and asked if he had anti-virus on his droid...he said yeah...."point proven"...

wish I could upgrade to a Z10...
    *in mortal combat voice * Finish Him!

02-09-13 07:01 AM
    bought it on canadian launch day.

got it, love it!
    02-09-13 07:34 AM
    Typing on it right now and it's better than I expected!

02-09-13 08:38 PM
    I have a Dev Alpha A with the pretty-much-complete bootloader, and my wife upgraded to a Z10.

I am very impressed with it. Only really significant bug we've seen so far is that the calendar crashed on her repeatedly (>5 times) when she tried to create a new appointment then change the time on it.

I have no reservations about recommending it to certain specific users. Anyone who doesn't have "dealbreaker" apps on Android or iOS, and is aware that BB10 doesn't do certain things that "old-school" BBOS does. Even accounting for these two groups, there's still a considerable potential customer base.

I'm not migrating yet. I have a couple of apps on my 9900 that haven't been released on BB10 yet, and I'm supposed to be getting the Dev Alpha trade-in. I suspect by then there should be some interesting app announcements ahead of the US launch.
    Last edited by Thunderbuck; 02-09-13 at 09:30 PM.
    02-09-13 08:52 PM
51 123