Hey everyone I am wondering if anyone is having trouble opening attachments on the new Z10. I can open all of them on my Bold but I have a couple (one being a picture my daughter sent me ) that opens on my bold but not on the new phone . It says "no viewer available for "unnamed"" which is what it called the photo she attached. The other is an email from a friend with a bunch of photos from the internet. Once again it opens on Bold but not on Z10.
    AS a defender of BB for a long time and really loved the bold other than screen size and time it took to connect to wifi, I am slightly overwhelmed switching to the new phone. I think for people like myself who love the simplicity of BB and its real keyboard this device is a bit of a stretch. I have tried android phones and kept going back within hours to my Bold because it was so easy to text and email. I must say I am feeling the same about this BB as I did when I tried the galaxy3. I want a new phone but I sure like Bolds familiarity. I was up for hours trying to sync contacts I tried both device swap with the sd card and using desktop manager which updated to new format. It didn't work the first time for some reason but did work the second time. I hope that there are not to many more of these type of problems as I feel a little(more than a little) frustrated that the very basic things like contacts switching and email attachment bugs should not be an issue on a phone that was worked over for sooooooooo long.
    Anyone else have this email problem and a solution?
    02-08-13 08:01 PM
    Same problems here, I tried to switch from 9900 to Z10 but wound up returning the new phone (very sadly I might add). Tell me, when you brought your text messages from the Bold to the Z10, do you now find the texts cannot be sent from Z10?
    02-08-13 08:14 PM
    no problem sending texts but having problem going back and forth from horizontal to vertical screen getting frustrated with this problem as well
    02-08-13 10:03 PM
    in what format are does pictures you are trying to open? just curious about it
    02-08-13 10:04 PM
    no problem sending texts but having problem going back and forth from horizontal to vertical screen getting frustrated with this problem as well
    02-08-13 10:08 PM
    I am not sure except that the picture my daughter sent was from her I phone but she was just forwarding it from someone else.
    02-08-13 10:11 PM
    sometimes when pics are forwarded many times they get corrupted, unlikely to be issue but still an option

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 10:43 PM
    Same problems here, I tried to switch from 9900 to Z10 but wound up returning the new phone (very sadly I might add). Tell me, when you brought your text messages from the Bold to the Z10, do you now find the texts cannot be sent from Z10?
    The "cannot send text messages after transferring text messages from BlackBerry 7 or lower" issue is a known one. BlackBerry is working on it. For now, there's a somewhat unpleasant fix:

KB33653-BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device
    Last edited by b320; 02-09-13 at 03:06 AM.
    02-09-13 02:50 AM
    Use docs-to-go?
    02-09-13 01:45 PM
    I have the same problem, can't open some PDFs, and also pictures sent from Iphone, all of them are not able to open. Please fix this asap, these are things which just should be working for business people
    02-09-13 06:03 PM
    That's weird. I've gotten plenty of picture attachments, power points, pdfs,and even a wmv video which all opened perfectly fine. I was actually shocked when it started playing the .wmv
    02-09-13 06:25 PM
    Guys, does anyone know if it will be fixed? I have noticed this only happens when my colleagues forward the messages to me from the Iphone, It is both images and pds,, they are just called "unnamed" and Z10 doesn't recognise them
    02-10-13 08:50 AM
    I had the same problem, also from BB9900, I had to reset the z10 3 times, I couldn't copy my contacts. At the end, I decided to not port anything from the old device, and copied my contacts through Bluetooth
    02-10-13 08:54 AM
    Scroll down the body of emails to view pictures from iPhone or other devices. All there, but needs fixing.

Polina Armen likes this.
    02-10-13 10:02 AM
    haha yeah! Thanks you are right, the fotos are there indeed , but the PDF's aren't . And those are important. But thank you anyway, I hope they fix the pdf's quickly, this is a pain
    02-10-13 10:15 AM
    Same problem. Unable to open pics forwarded from I phone. It just says no viewer available. Must say really annoying as a lot of people use iphone to send attachments to me.
    Let us know if anyone has any luck with this issue

Cheers

02-10-13 11:01 AM
    The pics are at the bottom, check it out. You can save them from there. I have the same problem with Iphone users
    02-10-13 11:32 AM
    I got a MMS msg from my friend who uses iphone... And i cant open the file!!!
    02-10-13 11:34 AM
    haha yeah! Thanks you are right, the fotos are there indeed , but the PDF's aren't . And those are important. But thank you anyway, I hope they fix the pdf's quickly, this is a pain
    You are not able to view any PDF's? All good here, so maybe reboot- battery pull?
    02-10-13 11:56 AM
    Thanks polina solved my problem they are indeed at the bottom of the message.

Many thanks.

02-10-13 01:13 PM
    I just forwarded myself a large PDF and no problem opening it.
    02-10-13 01:19 PM
    Guys I can open most of the PDFs, no problem, but the ones which are sent to my friend, who uses Iphone, and then she forwards the PDFs to, I can't see them nor open them, they come up as unnamed , and I still have that problem
    02-12-13 03:09 PM
    I hope BB knows about this issue and be able to address it asap
    02-12-13 11:39 PM
    Still having problems here opening some pdf. Have a Purchase and sale agreement I am trying to access and can't. Very frustrating right now. Forwarded it to my business partner and says it opens fine on his pc.
    03-02-13 02:37 PM
    sometimes when pics are forwarded many times they get corrupted, unlikely to be issue but still an option
    I couldn't help but laugh at your response. You realize we're dealing with digital format and not carbon paper?
    05-14-13 05:06 PM
27 12