I've been having issues setting up activesync with the new Z10. I finally seem to have worked through those issues.
    The issues I'm having is that wifi flat out doesn't work. It connects to the network and my android phone connects to the wifi and so do laptops with out any problem. However, when I connect the z10 to the network it says connected with a good signal but does not allow access to the internet at all. Won't load any web pages, apps, e-mails, anything. And because it thinks the wifi is connected it won't switch to using data network. On data everything works fine.
    Just discovered that the wifi will connect again if I do a restart of the phone (hit top button and then tap restart) but as soon as I leave the wifi area and it drops that connection it will not reconnect when I come back in. It says it connects to the wifi network automatically but the same issue happens (no internet, e-mail, apps). Is anyone else having this problem? We have two of these phones in house and they both are doing it.

Is their possibly a network setting causing this? I don't understand how though considering it works after a restart and other phones work with the same setup. Its really quite confusing to me. Any help would be a appreciated. thanks.
    02-08-13 02:17 PM
    Once you select your network, go to advanced & select the Band Type that matches the one on your router.

In my case the band type is 2.4 GHz
    Hope this solve your issue

Thanks, JP
    02-09-13 10:43 PM
    Once you select your network, go to advanced & select the Band Type that matches the one on your router.

Thanks, JP
    wow thank you. This seems to have fixed the choppy video issues i was having with youtube
    02-24-13 10:02 PM

Thanks, JP
    I have this same issue, but don't see an option for Band Type in my advanced menu. Can you (or someone else) offer more assistance?

Edit: The Band Type option wasn't in the initial setup Wi-fi network Advanced menu, but once I skipped this and finished the initial set-up, I had this option in the regular network settings menu. However, the setting that I needed to change was either just selecting Hidden SSID or both changing the Band Type and selecting Hidden SSID. It seems to be working now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    Last edited by 21stNow; 03-21-13 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Additional information added
    03-21-13 09:53 AM
    Never mind. The Wi-fi signal is still showing as excellent strength, but the web pages won't load now. So I still have the same problem that I did before the security wipe.
    03-21-13 02:25 PM
    I had the exact same problem as you and I was able to fix it by changing 2 settings on my router. First, I changed my router to "802.11 N (Performance Mode)" as the Z10 does not need A/B/G mode. I also changed the channel to something other than the default. After that, all worked fine! It is very fast and I have never had a connection problems again after that. Sometimes I believe there may be interference with other routers, especially if they are on the same channel.
    04-08-13 07:52 AM
    It works for me

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:57 AM
    when I did my setup.it was searching for my router once found I clicked on it then entered the password of my router and the phone did the rest of the configuration
    04-08-13 08:12 AM