My Galaxy Nexus's SMS and email app can get sluggish when there are many messages received; specifically, many threads. I know the Z10 is relatively new, but has anyone done a massive amount of texting with many users and / or emailing? Does the hub performance slow down at all with volume?

Is there a difference if 8 apps are running in Active Frames or not?
    02-08-13 01:15 PM
    Smooooooooooth. The IT guys at work are jealous. I get around 400 emails/texts a day... x 30 days. This is Blackberry we're talking about.
    02-08-13 02:01 PM
    I have some pretty long text conversations on mine, and when i click to open them it seems to take 1-2 seconds for it to populate, like the text is sliding down catching up, does this happen with anyone else? I guess I could delete the conversations but never had this happen with my 9800.
    xweb10 likes this.
    02-08-13 05:52 PM
    I should add that the hub itself moves fast still, no slowdown there. I just did some searching for videos of people texting and it seems that the slight delay in bringing up a message is normal. I have a bit of an extra delay on some conversations I never deleted for a while, they are a year or so old, and people I text a lot everyday.
    02-08-13 07:25 PM
    Very very smooth. I didn't even think that would be possible after owning BBs in the past, and a Playbook. Also, no more restarts required! I've had my phone on without a single restart since 5pm February 5th, and it doesn't lag one bit! Everything is perfectly smooth; exactly the same as when I got it. Also, I have a ton of pictures, music, and videos on the phone in addition to emails, texts, contacts, etc.

I should add that the hub itself moves fast still, no slowdown there. I just did some searching for videos of people texting and it seems that the slight delay in bringing up a message is normal. I have a bit of an extra delay on some conversations I never deleted for a while, they are a year or so old, and people I text a lot everyday.
    The slight texting delay is actually a known issue, and not the OS slowing down. That should get fixed in the next update
    Gonzo_02 and xweb10 like this.
    02-08-13 07:28 PM
    P.S. I came from a Nexus 4, and this phone is MUCH faster. I had the Galaxy Nexus until November on 4.1.1, I believe. My N4 was on 4.2.1, and the Z10 blows both of them out of the water. Even with 8 active frames open, performance is super smooth!
    xweb10 likes this.
    02-08-13 07:31 PM
    Thanks for letting me know that InvalidUser0510, since i noticed it I keep checking if the slowdown is still there! Now I can finally stop and know its not just my phone.
    02-08-13 07:44 PM
    From the time I hit send to the time I get the grey check mark takes 10-15 seconds. How do I fix this?
    02-11-13 01:30 AM
    From the time I hit send to the time I get the grey check mark takes 10-15 seconds. How do I fix this?
    Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!

There may not be a "fix" needed. It may take a few seconds for a message to be processed. In case of SMS, it may take that amount of time to successfully confirm transmission with carrier network (not send but confirm of send to your carrier's SMS center).
    02-11-13 01:39 AM
    i have seen no lag at all. everything works fast.
    02-11-13 01:51 AM
    I've had my Z10 since Feb 5 and have only experienced lag when I synced with Microsoft Activesync at my office which dropped a ton of emails, appointments, tasks and contacts onto my phone from the server. After a reboot, I found that the keyboard would lag and stick for a few minutes after coming back up. Eventually it would get back to its spry self. Rebooted again...same lag for a few minutes then good. Left it for a couple of hours before my next reboot attempt and no lag whatsoever. I'm not sure if it needed some time to settle all that new content or if BB10 managed the RAM allocated to eliminate the lag. Either way it is totally smooth again with zero lag after reboot.

I'm very impressed. I had visions of the same ol' same 'ol as BBOS when loaded up. Not the case. There is no loss of responsiveness from prior to the heavy sync.

To clarify, my initial reboot was as I thought it prudent given the heavy lifting it had done. I didn't experience any keyboard lag until that reboot. The subsequent reboots were not needed but only done to see if the lag would resurface. Heck, if I would have just left it alone there may have not been any issue whatsoever. Either way, it came through like a champ.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 03:54 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    just great to hear!!
    02-11-13 04:12 AM