Okay, I love my new Z10 as much as the next guy, but let's face it, the battery life is really not great, especially for those of us who switched from older Blackberry models with smaller screens. Yes, the battery is replaceable; Blackberry: 1, Apple: 0. But I'm not crazy about the idea of carrying around a spare everywhere I go and investing in extra chargers for my car and office. I've read in several places that the battery seems to "break in" over the course of the first week so that it will last a full day. Here's hoping.

But here's what I'm curious about. A couple years back I bought an Acer 1410 notebook that came with a 4-cell lithium battery. It was alright, but I noticed the U.S. was selling the same computer with slightly different features, including a 6-cell battery! So naturally I typed the U.S. battery model number into google to find out if I could buy that battery somewhere. It turned out that some company in Hong Kong was selling a 9-cell battery that was supposed to fit. Needless to say, I was a bit sketched out, but I decided to pull the trigger anyways.

One of my best decisions. The battery increased my laptop's portability from 2.5 hours to over 7 hours! I have never taken the power cord out of my wall jack at home since. The battery increased the weight of the laptop significantly but I was more than happy with it.

Do you think Blackberry limited the current 1800 mAh battery in the Z10 for weight? Is it possible that third-party companies will be able to provide batteries with triple the life-time of the current one, for those of use who don't mind carrying around a heavier device?
    02-08-13 12:00 PM
    I am also looking for this, can someone please know this?
    05-19-13 09:07 PM
    PlayBook chargers a very inexpensive, I purchased 4 from Amazon for a total of 25 including shipping, cheaper than a spare battery. Also have a spare battery both have been worth while investments.

I generally do not use after market batteries. Had a bad experience once.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:10 PM
    There's a Chinese seller on ebay that has a 1900 mah z10 battery, plan on getting it next week. I'm using my nexus 7 charger, very very fast.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-19-13 09:16 PM
    Momax are creating new battery for the z10, but they refuse to say details

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:35 PM
    I came across this one today: https://shop.n4bb.com/blackberry-z10...-gold-battery/
    Haven't ordered it yet though, so I can't say how legit it is.
    05-20-13 01:32 AM
    I came across this one today: https://shop.n4bb.com/blackberry-z10...-gold-battery/
    Wow that battery capacity looks great

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:34 AM
    it seems that it is a good one, can someone please let me know whether i can order this from China? Many thanks.
    05-20-13 11:41 PM
    when can we get a battery with more than 3000mA?
    05-25-13 10:48 AM
    Well I pulled the trigger today and bought that 2680mH battery let's see how that goes when it arrives. I'm almost at the end of my dance with BlackBerry if only apple came out with an iPhone the exact size of this z10 man that would be close to perfect. Removing the home button and introducing this swipe up function priceless too.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:31 PM