Ok, I've read previous posts but am still not understanding this. I opened a Outlook.com email account (personal, not business) and am trying to get it to sync with my Playbook and Bold 9930. I can get the Playbook and laptop to sync great, and the email on my Bold 9930. What's not happending is the calendar entries from my laptop or Playbook won't go onto my Outlook.com calendar. I don't want to rely on the Desktop Manager for this. This should sync using the wifi or my Verizon service. The email works but not the calendar. How do I get the Bold 9930 to pick up the updated calndar entries from my other devices?

Thanks for any assist.
    02-08-13 10:39 AM
    I don't think you can get the Outlook calendar to sync on the phone, just email and contacts. The commercial Office365 works well on both the PlayBook and phones.

The outlook account should work with the PlayBook. On the laptop you will need the outlook program and a special sync addon which has been mentioned in a couple of the PlayBook and Z10 threads.
    02-08-13 07:34 PM
    I don't think you can get the Outlook calendar to sync on the phone, just email and contacts. The commercial Office365 works well on both the PlayBook and phones.

The outlook account should work with the PlayBook. On the laptop you will need the outlook program and a special sync addon which has been mentioned in a couple of the PlayBook and Z10 threads.
    Thanks robsteve. Yep, got it all on the laptop and everything syncs great on the Playbook. Email is ok on the phone but not the calendar. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.
    02-08-13 09:28 PM
    Thanks robsteve. Yep, got it all on the laptop and everything syncs great on the Playbook. Email is ok on the phone but not the calendar. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.
    What I have setup is Outlook.com acc syncs Mail and Contacts on the phone, and have set a Gmail acc which only syncs Calendar.

On Outlook.com Calander have setup to link Outlook.com and Gmail calendars. This way the Oulook.com calendar syncs with my phone (Gmail) calendar - not exactly instant, but more or less this is the only way to have it at the moment.
    02-08-13 10:23 PM
    I am trying to get my Outlook calendar up to Hotmail calendar (Outlook.com). The help file on Mr. Softies web site says you cannot see your Outlook calendar in Outlook.com...WTF? Everyone has been saying the way around the BB10 USB sync issue with Outlook is to use Outlook.com. I don't see how to make it work. I can see my Outlook.com calendar in Outlook but that is where it all ends.
    02-08-13 10:24 PM
    What I have setup is Outlook.com acc syncs Mail and Contacts on the phone, and have set a Gmail acc which only syncs Calendar.

On Outlook.com Calander have setup to link Outlook.com and Gmail calendars. This way the Oulook.com calendar syncs with my phone (Gmail) calendar - not exactly instant, but more or less this is the only way to have it at the moment.
    Could you please talk slowly and explain for slow people like me exactly how you did this? I'm so damn frustrated right now about not being able to sync my 9930 calendar...I've got outlook.com calendars and a gmail.com address, but I'm just not putting the pieces together correctly so my calendars sync onto my phone....
    02-09-13 09:10 AM
    Could you please talk slowly and explain for slow people like me exactly how you did this? I'm so damn frustrated right now about not being able to sync my 9930 calendar...I've got outlook.com calendars and a gmail.com address, but I'm just not putting the pieces together correctly so my calendars sync onto my phone....
    This isn't using gmail but Outlook.com and Outlook PC to sync with a BB phone. I got this off another forum and them updated the instructions based on what I found.

Setup Outlook.com email account

Install Outlook Connector (download free at MS web site)

In Outlook 2007, Choose Outlook Connector, Add New Account, Insert your name, email address and password

The account should set up automatically as it is an outlook.com account

The calendar from the Outlook.com account will also setup automatically

That will then be your calendar that syncs

Just test it first by putting in an appointment

You will have to do a ctrl m in Outlook and then refresh your screen in Outlook.com to see the new entry

If you haven’t already done so add the outlook.com account on your Z10, again it should automatically sync your calendar from Outlook

Once I knew it was working I copied all my appointments from my main calendar to my new one – you have to change to list view to do this.

just press Ctrl A, Ctrl C to copy then click on your new calendar and press Ctrl V to paste

I would give it about 15 minutes as it doesn’t sync immediately.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 02-09-13 at 12:16 PM.
    PJD642 likes this.
    02-09-13 11:25 AM
    In my case I have Outlook.com acc (which I use as a primary) and Gmail acc with the only purpose to sync Calendar between my 9900 and Outlook.com acc. I do no sync Outlook.com with PC (MS Outlook)

On BlackBerry 9900:
    - Outlook.com email acc is set up to sync my emails and contacts - stright forward setup.
    - Gmail Acc:
    a) setting up Gmail Acc - acc name, password.
    b) When get into Gmail Acc Options, in the bottom, the "Synchronization Options", selecting to sync "Calendar". "Contacts" and "Deleted Items" are empty.
    c) exiting (and saving) the acc setup, to the main page of the email setting.
    d) Clicking on Gmail, a window pop ups, with two rows to select: First raw "Filters", "Delete", "Add Email"; Second raw: "Help", "Edit", "Full Menu"
    e) Selecting "Filters"
    f) Selecting "Do not forward messages to the device", and saving

The above setup is making the Gmail acc to sync only Calander but no any emails with my 9900.

Linking/Subscribing Gmail Calendar with Outlook.Com Calendar:
    I just followed the instructions here - How to Show Google Calendar In Windows Live Mail Calendar

This solution gaves me the option my 9900 calendar (Gmail) to be synced with my Outlook.com calendar.
    As mentioned earlier, the sync is not instant, but at least keeps my stuff synchronized.
    PJD642 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:56 PM
    Man, they need to make it easier than that
    02-09-13 10:05 PM
    Man, they need to make it easier than that
    I have to agree. I followed all the instructions and could never get a large calendar file to show up on outlook.com, and therefore, on my phone. Smaller calendar files showed up fine but I gave up after waiting an hour of so after sharing the larger file.
    02-09-13 10:12 PM
    I dont know why you can't just set outlook to sync your main calendar, it kind of defeats the purpose to not be able to see my upcoming appointments in the Outlook to do bar..... which only seems to let me see my default outlook.....or at least I have not been able to figure out how to either show my outlook.com calendar in the To Do bar, or have my main calendar sync....
    02-12-13 08:18 PM
    Hello, I am pretty new to the whole Outlook topic and so honestly I couldn't even figure out how to sync my Outlook Calendar to My 9900. I did a test from the Outlook Calendar on their website, and it didn't show up in my phone. In fact I don't even Have a Sync Calendar Option on my 9900 so I can't sync any calendars from the outlook.com website Or the Desk Top Application. Oh yeah one more thing, I can't even setup an Outlook Email Address To my 9900 so I don't know how Any of y'all are doing this. I checked the How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account THAT link Out and I managed to get my Hotmail Connector to work on the MS Outlook 2010 Desktop Application. However, it Still didn't work. Oh and one more thing, I can't copy and paste the calendar from my Desktop to the outlook.com website. It wouldn't let me. Just Tried BlackBerry Desktop to sync to my 9900 my Testing Entries Did NOT sync.

I Do Not want to use Google, even though it worked Wonders with syncing my calendar before problems started happening.
    02-13-13 02:24 AM
    Hello, I am pretty new to the whole Outlook topic and so honestly I couldn't even figure out how to sync my Outlook Calendar to My 9900. I did a test from the Outlook Calendar on their website, and it didn't show up in my phone. In fact I don't even Have a Sync Calendar Option on my 9900 so I can't sync any calendars from the outlook.com website Or the Desk Top Application. Oh yeah one more thing, I can't even setup an Outlook Email Address To my 9900 so I don't know how Any of y'all are doing this. I checked the How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account THAT link Out and I managed to get my Hotmail Connector to work on the MS Outlook 2010 Desktop Application. However, it Still didn't work. Oh and one more thing, I can't copy and paste the calendar from my Desktop to the outlook.com website. It wouldn't let me. Just Tried BlackBerry Desktop to sync to my 9900 my Testing Entries Did NOT sync.

I Do Not want to use Google, even though it worked Wonders with syncing my calendar before problems started happening.
    Unfortunately no option now to sync Outlook.com calendar with 9900. Thats why using the equilibristics with Google calendar. Setting up the Outlook.com email is quite stright - chose setting Live.com email, and enter the actual setup change the email address to [email protected]
    02-13-13 05:02 AM
    Oh and one more thing, I can't copy and paste the calendar from my Desktop to the outlook.com website. It wouldn't let me. .
    You cannot copy it to the outlook.com website. What you need to do is copy your calendar from Outlook on your pc into the outlook.com folder on your pc inside of Outlook. Then it will sync with the outlook.com calendar and it syncs with my PlayBook. It will do the same when I get my Z10.
    02-13-13 10:51 AM
    This is why BlackBerry needs to create a web based full featured email, contacts and calendar program like Gmail. I don't know what's involved but instead of laying people off they should put them to work.
    lcjr and R1cowl like this.
    02-13-13 11:12 AM
    Unfortunately no option now to sync Outlook.com calendar with 9900. Thats why using the equilibristics with Google calendar. Setting up the Outlook.com email is quite stright - chose setting Live.com email, and enter the actual setup change the email address to [email protected]
    Yeah can't select this under General Options for my inital email setup in my phone or under log in info.
    02-13-13 11:18 AM
    You cannot copy it to the outlook.com website. What you need to do is copy your calendar from Outlook on your pc into the outlook.com folder on your pc inside of Outlook. Then it will sync with the outlook.com calendar and it syncs with my PlayBook. It will do the same when I get my Z10.
    Yeah your post confuses me even more because I Can't tell which is the DEsktop Application that you are referring to And like I said I Can't copy the calendar of my Desktop Application to the Outlook.com one. I don't even know what you're talking about for the Outlook folder. The ones that have a Z10 are able to copy their calendars, I Assumed you could with older OS's...... But How about the desktop manager not syncing to My BlackBerry 9900 What can I do to fix That issue?
    02-13-13 11:20 AM
    Yeah...so, I have an outlook.com (no "Outlook programs installed on my MAC) email, calendar. I've setup a special gmail account in order to use that calendar to sync to my Bold 9930. However, from a MAC laptop, how does one get the Outlook.com calendar to sync with the gmail calendar - which the gmail calendar would then sync to my BB? There seems to be pc solutions for this, but no "MAC" solutions...anybody know?
    03-11-13 02:48 AM
    With the Google calendar linked to the Outlook.com calendar; if I add or change something in the OUTLOOK calendar, will it sync back onto the Google Calendar; or is it just one way viewing from Google?

Reason I ask is if I add something to the calendar in my Outlook PC client, which then sends it to the Outlook.com calendar, will this event transfer back to the Google calendar so that it syncs to my phone?
    04-26-13 09:29 PM
    If so, post below with a photo for us all to see
    04-26-13 09:52 PM
    I don't understand why this is so difficult. Why won't the 9900 just sync the damn calendar? Other devices seem to have no problem with it.
    04-26-13 10:07 PM