What a great feature, I was playing with some settings yesterday at the office, and put in all my home network details like network name and stuff, and enabling wifi transfer, I was kind of expecting it not to work, since this option is on the playbook and has been broken for a very long time.

So it was nice to see, when I sat down to my computer (Windows 7 x64 ultimate) and saw at the bottom left hand corner of the screen that the Z10-Vader has connected to both the Y and Z drives (my allocation for plugged in media) and sure enough, I had access to both my media card and Z10.

So I decided to move a 2gb mp4 movie over, and about 20min later, it had finished transferring and was on my media card.

I loved this feature on the Playbook and I wish it wasn't broken... as you have to manually tell your computer to connect to the playbook. So this is a pleasant trick that has come back!
    02-08-13 09:22 AM
    I do love this feature as well, however I'm having a major problem with it.

It seems to not want to turn off... I go into "settings", "storage and access", and turn off "Access using Wi-Fi" yet it constantly disconnects and reconnects to my Windows 7 PC. I will first get a message that it was connected and X, Y were mapped for mass storage, then shortly after will get a message about it being detached. I have yet to plug in through the USB cable, mass storage is turned off in the same settings location as well.

I'm at a loss as to why it's connecting and disconnecting itself repeatedly when the settings to do so are off. Maybe I'm just missing something, other than that, I'm absolutely in love with my new Z10, no other problems at all

If anybody has a solution, or some insight, or if anybody else has this problem, please chime in lol.

Thanks,

Dunneh
    02-22-13 08:50 PM
    Thanks for the great info guys - mine shows up on my network now as x and y too.... wouldn't I want just one of those, why the duplication, and if so, how do I get rid of the extra one thx
    04-02-13 10:50 AM
    This as been talked about in other threads. You need to go and check your settings in BB Link. It is probably set up to connect via wi-fi via BB Link and thus connects once it gets close to your pc. Check it out, I am pretty sure that is your problem.
    04-02-13 11:43 AM
    together with DLNA streaming i love these things in my home network...
    04-02-13 11:46 AM
    x is your sd card, y is your internal storage
    04-02-13 11:53 AM
    Works great I've tried it out several times transferring files from my laptop to microsd card.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-13 11:53 AM