My brother has the z10 and a couple other friends do too but for some reason I can't see his video icons beside his name and I can't bbm video him any ideas why?
    02-08-13 09:11 AM
    He can only video chat me I can't do it back
    02-08-13 09:30 AM
    This might sound silly but try resetting your device.
    02-08-13 09:32 AM
    I know somebody else that had this issue. He thinks his BBID info wasn't entered. Take a look through your settings and see if your BBID info is there. Not sure if this will help.
    02-08-13 10:01 AM
    How would the bbid cause this issue he also tried resetting he doesn't even have bbm voice I told him to download the newest version. And still nothing
    02-08-13 10:14 AM
    anyone have any info
    02-08-13 01:51 PM
    Have you side loaded anything?

I was having an issue last night with connecting to my cousin, I would accept his call (or he mine) and it would immediately just exit the app

I did a security wipe and a resetup (and did not side load anything) and it works fine
    02-08-13 01:53 PM
    no sideloading at all
    drum likes this.
    02-08-13 02:27 PM
    That's odd. My brother calls my from his 9900 to my Z10 all the time, and video chats with me from his playbook. I'm not sure what could be causing your issue though. Sorry. Hopefully, you can get it resolved.
    02-08-13 02:32 PM
    can you call the playbook from your z10 because i can only get calls from the playbook because both have the same bbid
    02-08-13 02:46 PM
    It's interesting you should mention that. I don't think I've ever called him. I'll try it if I have time tonight.
    02-08-13 02:48 PM
    i dont think its possible yet
    02-08-13 03:12 PM
    Im having the same problem with my wifes bbm. she can video chat and voice chat from her new bbz10 but no won can video chat or voice chat with her as there is no icon beside here bbm name. i have called Rogers and they said they cant help.
    PLEASE HELP
    02-10-13 10:06 AM
    Same problem here for me.

When I'm in a BBM chat and go to options at the bottom right, the only options I have are "Invite More", "Attach", "Ping", "Copy Chat" and "Email Chat".

I'm assuming this is where the "voice chat" and "video chat" options should be???
    02-10-13 10:50 AM
    I'm having the same problem, but it's not with all my contacts who have a pb, only some of them. I think there's an issue with either linked accounts or how the OS is reading the email address that us connected to the BlackBerry ID of the pb.

I'm still tinkering with it to fix it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 11:29 AM
    Ok, I figured it out. I edited the contact and added the email address that's associated with the BlackBerry ID of the person, even though the address was already there, I added it again. It showed up after that.

I'm assuming there's an issue with the OS reading the linked email address if it comes from a FB account that's linked, or one of the many other linked accounts.

bbz10_u likes this.
    02-10-13 11:38 AM
    Ok, I figured it out. I edited the contact and added the email address that's associated with the BlackBerry ID of the person, even though the address was already there, I added it again. It showed up after that.

I'm assuming there's an issue with the OS reading the linked email address if it comes from a FB account that's linked, or one of the many other linked accounts.

Can you please let me know how and where you added the BB id email address.
    thanks
    02-11-13 02:28 AM
    Im having the same problem with my wifes bbm. she can video chat and voice chat from her new bbz10 but no won can video chat or voice chat with her as there is no icon beside here bbm name. i have called Rogers and they said they cant help.
    PLEASE HELP
    Also cant receive any incoming video or voice chats.
    02-11-13 04:53 PM
    PLEASE HELP
    I'm having a similar issue. I can call others but no one can call me back. Even through WIFI only. Also, I have 2 devices (my Z10 and BB 9360) registered to same BBID in BB Protect. Could that have caused the issue? I have already used another BBID for the 9360 after I suspected that, but I can't somehow unlink it from BB Protect. But that shouldn't be the cause, right? Cause from what I know, you can manage multiple devices in BB Protect using 1 BB ID. Hmm... Has anyone solved this? Please share your knowledge. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
    04-05-13 12:28 AM
    I am facing similar issues.
    Though there is no video chat icon on BBM contact, if you see in your Contacts app there is one category called BBM video contacts)(if not, then check the settings of Contact app). In that, if contact is within video call area (wifi if his network calling is disabled), then you can give him a call and you have the option of voice chat which also turns to be able to do video calls...

I'll be following this thread for better solutions.

Cheers.

CB10 is a fantastic experience!
    04-05-13 01:18 AM
    I am facing similar issues.
    Though there is no video chat icon on BBM contact, if you see in your Contacts app there is one category called BBM video contacts)(if not, then check the settings of Contact app). In that, if contact is within video call area (wifi if his network calling is disabled), then you can give him a call and you have the option of voice chat which also turns to be able to do video calls...

I'll be following this thread for better solutions.

Cheers.

CB10 is a fantastic experience!
    yeah, let's tweet BBRY ask them to get the BBM update to be pushed soon, hopefully it can rectify this issue. BBM video is revolutionary hence it needs to work flawlessly in every occasion.
    04-05-13 02:55 AM
    I don't think there is an issue.

possible considerations if you cannot BBM Video:
    The other party has a non-supported device.
    wireless provider internet connection is congested.
    (just because you have full bars or HSPA/LTE listed doesn't mean the current tower you're connected to has a wide availability of ports/data to complete the minimum required data stream to successfully connect and maintain a video chat. In this case you're - or should be - auto "hopped" to another tower. This isn't something you can control; I really wish CellTrack was updated to support BB / BB10 just for this reason).
    Have the other party try contacting you instead, try to be on a WiFi connection for troubleshooting and isolating the wireless provider's network out of the picture.

The MOST IMPORTANT Issue that would affect BBM is ...
    A Firewall.

KB26816-Using Video Chat, BBM Voice, or BBM Video behind a firewall

Video Chat, BBM Voice, and BBM Video use the following ports. Port forwarding must be enabled for the applications to work on a traffic restricted network.

443 (TCP)
    3478 (TCP)
    3478 (UDP)
    45535 to 65535 (UDP)

Video Chat communicates with the following addresses and therefore they need to be white-listed.

sip.voip.blackberry.com:443
    stun.voip.blackberry.com:3478
    turn.voip.blackberry.com:443
    BBM Voice and BBM Video communicates with the following addresses and therefore they need to be white-listed.

sip.voip.blackberry.com:443
    bbmvideo.blackberry.com:443
    turn.voip.blackberry.com:3478

For information on BBM Voice and requirements, see BlackBerry Messenger in BlackBerry World here.

BBM Video is only available on BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
    Video Chat is only available on BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.
    04-14-13 12:56 PM
    PLEASE HELP

Exact same issue with my wife and I since we purchased our Z10's on launch day in Canada. She can BBM video me, but I can't BBM video call her. I have to send her a BBM to tell her to BBM video call me. Strange thing is, it is only her contact that I have an issue with having no icon, all my other contacts have a BBM video icon shown beside their name, too bad because my wife is the only person that I BBM video with. I can't see it being her phone, because she has no issues. It has to be something on my end, but all other contacts work fine but one.....hope someone has some updates soon.
    04-15-13 05:59 PM
    I also have the same issue. This occurs with 2 separate Z10 contacts. The video icon randomly shows up or disappears next to their names. It also happens with other legacy contacts(voice icon) .
    They also mention the same thing as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:58 PM
    I got mine to work already. i registered my previous BlackBerry to BIS under a different BlackBerry ID. Turns out my BlackBerry ID was tied to 2 BlackBerry smart phones using BBM which most probably caused the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:57 AM