I am not able to successfully launch the native weather app on my new z10. I've had it for 2 days now... still doesn't work. Once I open it up, it asks me for my home city. I type in my city and select it.. it then loads indefinitely and doesn't do anything else. Anyone else have this problem? I tried deleting it, but it won't let me. I can't uninstall it in MyWorld because it isn't on the list. Please help!..

I sent accuweather.com support to see if they have any idea, because they appear to be the developers of the native weather app. I'll update if I get a response

On a side note the accuweather.com weather app found in appworld is awesome. Looks good in the active frames
    02-07-13 09:51 PM
    i am having the same problem, my phone gets warm and hot most of the time and could this weather thats eating out the battery? it works fine but i want to have some sort of control over it..battery is not good as of now, 6-8 hours.
    can't uninstall it.
    02-08-13 02:34 AM
    Press and hold the top button to reboot your phone'' it should work after that .. it worked for me.
    02-08-13 03:30 AM
    rebooting the phone didn't work for me.... but a battery pull did the trick! ... working perfectly fine. I guess it was premature of me emailing accuweather suppor so quickly.. oh well.
    mrpink73 likes this.
    02-08-13 06:52 AM
    rebooting the phone didn't work for me.... but a battery pull did the trick! ... working perfectly fine. I guess it was premature of me emailing accuweather suppor so quickly.. oh well.
    I had the same problem when I got my phone today. Thank you for the solution.
    02-11-13 06:40 PM
    Yup pull the battery worked for me. Thanks
    03-20-13 01:05 AM
    Hi, I am new here... And new with Blackberry ( currently Nokia 808 PV user)
    Just bought Blackberry Z10 few days ago in local Vodafone store.
    STL100-2
    SW 10.2.1.2102
    Everything works fine except the native weather app
    - it has allowed access to my location
    - when I try to get location " location not found"
    - I tried to type any city in the world and still same problem
    - OTHER apps from BB World work but I don't like them
    - I tried tweaks with battery and with restarting device
    - I have actual version, I tried to reinstal it too

Thanks for the answers
    04-17-14 05:18 AM
    You might try UNinstalling it - bring up Device Monitor and search for it. Press on it, Hit the trashcan icon and delete it. Then go to BBWorld and download it again and see if that fixes it. I don't know why it won't work. Also, go to Settings (main screen and swipe down). Find Location settings and chekc what is on/off.
    JirkaPetera likes this.
    04-17-14 09:02 AM
    F2
    Thank you but I tried this 3x times . That's really strange. I will make a video in an hour with that.
    EDIT:
    Here is video with problem ( sorry for bad focusing)

Maybe I am doing something wrong...
    Last edited by JirkaPetera; 04-17-14 at 11:41 AM.
    04-17-14 09:23 AM
    It is hard to follow the video. What City has the 16 degrees? It seems you did add, at least, one city.

Are you pressing that little X inside the circle? That cancels the search. Press the Search (enter key position) at the bottom right.

If you Swipe down, you can see all of your chosen locations and you can "add" the current (gps) position.
    04-17-14 12:19 PM
    I live in the Czech Republic and today was really sunny day. There is no city added - there is written only - City, State. I pressed that X in circle, because there was written - Location not found.
    It simply can't find my position - however it's allowed and other apps can.
    That's really confusing - and my friend bought same phone in same store and everything is OK.
    04-17-14 12:31 PM
    When I go to BBWorld, and search "blackberry weather" I see two apps, BB Weather and Accuweather (and the version of BB Weather is from Accurweather). So you might try downloading that one.

But if someone you know has the same phone (are the OS's the same?) and it works and yours does not, there may be some setting that is different.

So you have normal Cell Service? How about wifi? You need access to some manner of data to be able to find Cities to add and to get the weather info for those cities.

So, again, what had that temperature of 16 that I saw in the video? I could not really read the screen other than the 16.
    04-17-14 02:07 PM
    lol... I really laugh on my stupidity...
    When I inserted SIM card - I forgot to switch on mobile network and this Helped
    Got this tip form Wolf359 on supportblackberry forum
    Mark this as solved
    Last edited by JirkaPetera; 04-17-14 at 04:22 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-17-14 02:29 PM