When I plug my Z10 into my stock charger it takes about 5 seconds for it to recognize it. Sometimes I need to take it out and plug it back in. Is anyone else having this issue?
    02-07-13 08:24 PM
    When I plug my Z10 into my stock charger it takes about 5 seconds for it to recognize it. Sometimes I need to take it out and plug it back in. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yep
    02-07-13 08:32 PM
    I found that happens at work sometimes but with my old 9900 charger. I have a battery monitoring app and it specifically says "Not Charging" so it knows it's plugged in. Weird. Sometimes it's ok if I use a different outlet. Not sure what the deal is.
    02-07-13 08:33 PM
    I found that happens at work sometimes but with my old 9900 charger. I have a battery monitoring app and it specifically says "Not Charging" so it knows it's plugged in. Weird. Sometimes it's ok if I use a different outlet. Not sure what the deal is.
    Different voltage? Happened to me but on my BBOS device before when I was in Egypt. I went to a place where electricity was really bad that my Bold didn't start charging till I closed all my apps and stopped downloading :/
    02-07-13 08:37 PM
    Happened to me today on 4 chargers!! None were working, But after a reboot it is now working....?
    02-07-13 08:41 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with the battery icon display. I thought either my charger or my phone was busted because I wouldn't get the bolt symbol when I plugged it in. However, I did some troubleshooting and found out that it was charging even though the bolt symbol didn't appear. Here's what I did:
    - Turned the phone off while it was plugged in and noticed that the led was slow blinking indicating it was charging.
    - Another way I checked was I went into the 'Settings', ' About' and 'Hardware' menu and noticed the battery % was increasing.

This is why I'm inclined to think it is software related and not hardware related.
    02-07-13 08:42 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with the battery icon display. I thought either my charger or my phone was busted because I wouldn't get the bolt symbol when I plugged it in. However, I did some troubleshooting and found out that it was charging even though the bolt symbol didn't appear. Here's what I did:
    - Turned the phone off while it was plugged in and noticed that the led was slow blinking indicating it was charging.
    - Another way I checked was I went into the 'Settings', ' About' and 'Hardware' menu and noticed the battery % was increasing.

This is why I'm inclined to think it is software related and not hardware related.
    I think you are correct in this
    02-07-13 08:43 PM
    I had to reboot mine several times too!!!! Annoying!!!!!!!!!!
    02-07-13 08:47 PM
    I hope this is not a sign of things to come.... Last night I put my Z10 into bedside mode and plugged it in to the supplied charger. this morning the battery was almost dead!!! I rebooted and plugged it into the same charger and it worked fine...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 08:53 PM
    yup same problem... unplugged and re-plugged.. a few minutes later it started working again... I hope I don't have a dud
    02-07-13 10:01 PM
    The charger apparently has a double snap before it charges.
    02-07-13 10:19 PM
    The charger apparently has a double snap before it charges.
    This. It took me a while to figure out, but it isn't a software or hardware issue (per se). You just need to learn to put it in correctly. Restarting the phone has nothing to do with it -.-

The way it sits when connected correctly is there's very little gap between the phone and the plastic on the connector (you can't see much of the metal connector), and the cable should come out of the phone perfectly straight! The first few times I put it, it was sitting crooked but still charged, so I assumed that's how it sits. It isn't.
    02-07-13 10:22 PM
    Just noticed the double snap myself.
    02-07-13 10:27 PM
    I'll take a look at that, but this is my 3rd BlackBerry with this connector... Not to mention my NON BlackBerry devices that use the micro usb connection...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 10:39 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I believe if it's any issue at all it'll software not hardware?
    02-07-13 11:04 PM
    Yes, I noticed that too.
    Not as bad as the "Sleep of Death" after charging on Android devices, but I still want to know what's up with that.
    02-07-13 11:10 PM