Hello. I am a former BB user of ten years and three years ago I jumped to an iPhone after I have up on my BB Torch. Now I'm due for an upgrade and thinking about leaving my iPhone 5 for either a BB Z10 or Galaxy 3. I'm just worried about buying a new mobile device on a company that's still on then ice.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    02-07-13 06:55 PM
    long story short. yes it is worth it in my opinion.

what is this thin ice you speak of?
    02-07-13 06:59 PM
    Worth every penney, and more.
    02-07-13 07:09 PM
    Coming from an iPhone 5 and never looking back.
    02-07-13 07:17 PM
    Came from an iPhone 4S and not regretting it for a second. As an iPhone user, you may find a few **minor** quirks but the benefits of the Z10 vastly outway it (and it will likely get patched up anyway).
    02-07-13 07:20 PM
    Yes, what is this "this thin ice"? I came from an Iphone 4. Best decision i ever made
    02-07-13 07:56 PM
    Well the BB company is on thin ice. If their new mobile devices don't do good,BB is done.
    I have some friends working for Rogers and they have said the Z10 is good,but the maps are bad,camera isn't as good as Apples,battery sucks compared to Apples and that was a shock because I think Apple phones have the worst batteries. Also Apps are weak. The apps though,don't bother me. I know Instagram is coming soon to BB and other than that,BB has the apps I need.
    02-07-13 08:12 PM
    I am coming from a long line of bb's. I got the z10 on opening day. Just love the device way better then my 9900 that i also enjoyed. I had to get away from cable sync and learn cloud computing using outlook.com and love it so far. Had to manually input passwords in the password safe. I can't seem to control the audio volume when my headset is connected the the device via bluetooth ( a lock signal appears on the volume control for the z10.) the bridge for playbook is disappointing, but i am convinced these are all things that are being worked out. And the best part is i am discovering something new everyday. Love the voice control, smooth and accurate..... I could go on... Get it and enjoy, i know i am.
    02-07-13 08:22 PM
    It's all a matter of opinion and what a person likes. It's only worth it if you think it is after trying it.
    02-07-13 08:28 PM
    Yes. Definitely. The main problem with the phone is that Blackberry didn't explain or document z10 functionality very well..the "help section" was written by near idiots ..so a lot of what's been called "missing", is actually there - or better....so just give yourself 2 days uninterrupted play/learning time. Oh yeah - and don't drop it.
    02-07-13 09:30 PM
    ditched my torch and got the Z10 and happy as a clam.... so is my wife.
    02-07-13 09:33 PM
    I left my Nexus 4 for a Z10. Trust me, it is worth it. Without a doubt. Unless you REALLY value having certain apps, then you don't even need to give it a second thought. It is by far the best phone I have ever used.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-07-13 09:37 PM
    yes,yes and yes. If you are hesitant go to a store and try one out or ask a friend who might have one. It really doesn't do it justice without you using it. All i have to say is the typing is fantastic, speed is excellent and great user experience. I havent ha any problems with it yet and it hasnt even had an update yet so better stuff to come.
    02-07-13 09:54 PM
    I really wish it's priced more competitively... like $500 CDN
    02-07-13 09:56 PM
    Hello. I am a former BB user of ten years and three years ago I jumped to an iPhone after I have up on my BB Torch. Now I'm due for an upgrade and thinking about leaving my iPhone 5 for either a BB Z10 or Galaxy 3. I'm just worried about buying a new mobile device on a company that's still on then ice.
    Since you have up on your torch I can tell you the bb10 autocorrect is better than your current phone and smart enough to know you gave up on your torch

And the company on thin ice is still providing your government with secure phones and will be around for a lonnnnnng time so go for it.
    02-07-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, it is.
    02-07-13 10:07 PM
    for those with the z10, us Bold 9930 users got pissed at RIMM for implementing such a crappy camera. The previous phone was way better. PLEASE tell me the camera isn't a dud like the 9930 Bold? PLEASE???
    02-07-13 10:08 PM
    Maybe. If you have a lot of apps that you depend on, the Z10 is probably not a device for you today. You may find a greater selection on the Google Play Store than the BB store. Also, if having a great camera is important to you, the iPhone or GS III (or Lumia 920) will serve you better.

But other than that, the Z10 is a pretty solid device (albeit one with a weak battery life) that should serve you well. The Hub is a surprisingly useful concept and the keyboard is also quite good.

I'm not sure whether I will keep it as yet or go back to my Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 is probably the most innovative mobile OS, IMHO - but I'm not sure of MS' commitment to it).

Best bet is to try it out for a week or so and see if it works for you!
    02-07-13 10:15 PM
    Maybe. If you have a lot of apps that you depend on, the Z10 is probably not a device for you today. You may find a greater selection on the Google Play Store than the BB store. Also, if having a great camera is important to you, the iPhone or GS III (or Lumia 920) will serve you better.

But other than that, the Z10 is a pretty solid device (albeit one with a weak battery life) that should serve you well. The Hub is a surprisingly useful concept and the keyboard is also quite good.

I'm not sure whether I will keep it as yet or go back to my Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 is probably the most innovative mobile OS, IMHO - but I'm not sure of MS' commitment to it).

Best bet is to try it out for a week or so and see if it works for you!
    Help me understand how lackluster this camera is? Compared to the Bold 9930 any comparison? This was my worry when I saw some of the early video's. Shoot, how can you put in an 8mp camera and screw it up. Geez!

Also, how "bad" is the battery life that I'm reading about?

thanks
    02-07-13 10:24 PM
    Help me understand how lackluster this camera is? Compared to the Bold 9930 any comparison? This was my worry when I saw some of the early video's. Shoot, how can you put in an 8mp camera and screw it up. Geez!

thanks
    The camera isn't lackluster, except at night (then again, most smartphone cameras suck at night). CNET actually rated the Z10 camera as better than the S3 and about on par with the iPhone 5. Not exactly lacklustre considering the iP5 camera is one of the best on the market. Here you go:

BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

As for battery life, it isn't bad at all unless you run tons of apps at the same time and use the phone a lot. I've found that it lasts about 40-50% longer than my Nexus 4, and about twice as long (100% longer) when playing videos or multitasking a lot.

Like I said, the Z10 is the best smartphone I've ever owned, and I own the iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 as well...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-07-13 10:27 PM
    seems like it is worth it tbh..
    02-07-13 10:28 PM
    I am coming from a long line of bb's. I got the z10 on opening day. Just love the device way better then my 9900 that i also enjoyed. I had to get away from cable sync and learn cloud computing using outlook.com and love it so far. Had to manually input passwords in the password safe. I can't seem to control the audio volume when my headset is connected the the device via bluetooth ( a lock signal appears on the volume control for the z10.) the bridge for playbook is disappointing, but i am convinced these are all things that are being worked out. And the best part is i am discovering something new everyday. Love the voice control, smooth and accurate..... I could go on... Get it and enjoy, i know i am.
    It has a lock on it because the bluetooth headset or speaker controls the volume
    02-07-13 10:31 PM
    Best phone hands down
    02-07-13 10:34 PM

thanks
    The camera is leaps and bounds over the Bold 9930 LOL but not quite as good as the iPhone and imo better than the Samsung S3 for picture quality - (the S3 does have a lot more options though) - As far as the battery life I've had mine since launch day and the first 2 days were pretty brutal but today it has been good (I've gone 16 hours on it with moderate use and it still has 35% left) - I did turn LTE off though
    02-07-13 10:35 PM
    After a few days of use i say - Absolutely.
    The "Flow" multitasking function of BB10 is far superior to iPhone's' "Morse Code Machine" multitasking button.
    02-07-13 10:37 PM
42 12