Hey all

On a BB 9900, it was easy to manually go to a Twitter account and link it to someone from the phone address book or Facebook automatically pulling information to link to my contacts on my phone. How do you do this on the Z10?

I have tried to see if there is any automation of sorts but have come up short. I tried to do it manually but Twitter kept giving issues and Facebook works fine I guess.
    Am I missing something basic here or is that ease of use actually not there anymore?! :$

Thanks!

Parvez
    02-07-13 12:35 PM
    When you sign into the twitter and facebook and linkedin apps, your contacts from those accounts get loaded into the contacts, and from there, you click on each of your contacts and down at the bottom there is something that says link, click it, and then search for your friends twitter and facebook contacts and they will all be linked together in one contact card. Hope that helps
    parvezjj likes this.
    02-07-13 12:44 PM
    ahhhh I see. That makes sense. For some reason when I set it up, none of my contacts have actually populated from any of those places. The only contacts I have are the ones I manually added into my contact list. I'll sign out and see if logging into these apps again from scratch will work.
    02-07-13 01:00 PM
    Quicksilver is correct. After you load your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter accounts they get added to your contact list. Most on my phone didn't match to the contact so I had to use the link feature to organize and clean up my contacts. It is simple. You go to the contact you wish to link up and tap on their name. This will load up this screen:

After you click on the "links" option the next screen will show you all the existing links for that contact, down at the bottom is an "add link" option shown here:

From there you will scroll through your contacts and select what else you would like linked to that contact.

Hope this helps!
    parvezjj and Bilaal like this.
    02-07-13 01:02 PM
    I have a problem, contacts pictures are not showin however thet are linked to the social apps!
    02-13-13 01:24 AM
    Any help??
    02-13-13 09:05 AM
    The feature doesn't see to be working 100%
    Some of my contacts are not appearing in my facebook friend list on my BB. If I manually add the email in the social account, it adds them but I get the button to Add Friend.... they already are my friend... happens with many contacts
    Anyway, I can say the linking of contacts works only about 40% of the time for my contacts
    Last edited by Frostedfrank; 02-15-13 at 11:17 PM.
    02-15-13 10:58 PM
    If I just ask to show FB contacts in my contacts app. many of them are missing. Even after 8 hours to make sure the sync is done it just won't work
    02-15-13 10:59 PM
    I haven't fully tested this theory, but it seems that the fb contacts that are missing from my device are those without an email address or phone number shared on their fb profile. Those who aren't otherwise in my Contacts (from email address book, twitter, linked in) but who do have a fb email address or phone number are getting copied to my phone. Needs further investigation ...
    02-16-13 12:01 AM