So I actually got to play with a pre production blackberry z10 for Verizon today and let me tell you that device is awesome!

I've had 5 blackberries (from the 8830 to the 9930)over the years, as well as 5 or 6 android devices (from the original droid to the gs3) and the iPhone 4, 4s and now 5

I can honestly say I'm really excited to try the z10. Mid march seems super far away!
    flash24 and bmw328i like this.
    02-06-13 08:27 PM
    mid march is way to far away. i am with verizon and i am dying to get my hands on one for my wife and myself. i work 11 hours a day. so the days go by fast. I need to sell some more cars to buy my phones

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    bmw328i likes this.
    02-06-13 08:39 PM
    mid march is way to far away. i am with verizon and i am dying to get my hands on one for my wife and myself. i work 11 hours a day. so the days go by fast. I need to sell some more cars to buy my phones

BlackBerry By Choice!
    I just finished talking to Verizon. The guy told me when you see coming soon it happens within a month. I believe the coming soon banner has been up for at least a week. He also said there will probably be a pre-order then available in stores a week later. No dates given though.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    02-08-13 03:22 PM
    thats good. Only thing that really sucks is i still have unlimited data and now i will lose it when i get a Z10 so i may jump ship and go to T Mobile. im not sure.

I use wifi when i am at home or at work so i may be okay staying with verizon.

I have had unlimited for several years now.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-09-13 08:12 AM
    thats good. Only thing that really sucks is i still have unlimited data and now i will lose it when i get a Z10 so i may jump ship and go to T Mobile. im not sure.

If you have wifi at home and work the verizon 2gb plan should be plenty unless your streaming video content 24/7 without being connected to a wifi.

BlackBerry By Choice!

The verizon 2gb plan should be plenty if your connected to wifi at work and home. The only way you use up data in big chunks is viewing and downloading a ton of video content.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-09-13 02:57 PM
    2GB of data isn't enough. LTE sucks up data like nothing and you end up using so much more of the data because it is so darn fast.

I average 3-4GB of data on my iPhone 5 and my Note 2 averages 2-3GB of data constantly. Some months I go up to 5-6GB on both.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-10-13 11:39 AM
    Only thing that really sucks is i still have unlimited data and now i will lose it when i get a Z10...
    Us too... but don't we get to keep our unlimited plan if we buy the phone at full price? Not sure I'd want to, but just curious if it's an option...
    02-10-13 11:51 AM
    Holy cow, using 5-6 gigs of data on your phone is def a power user...*grins* Way to get it done!! I don't think the average user is gonna even come close to that! I will lose my unlimited data plan at Verizon as well...but after seeing my usage over the months...other than losing the "grandfathered" "unlimited data plan" (which was kinda cool) I know I dont need that much data. I cant wait to get my hands on these new BB devices tho! *grins*
    02-10-13 11:57 AM
    it sucks and one of my co workers baught a GN II outright to keep his unlimited data and it said that his data plan was not compatible with the device and he was forced to a limited data plan
    astielectra and jimpilot like this.
    02-10-13 12:15 PM
    it sucks and one of my co workers baught a GN II outright to keep his unlimited data and it said that his data plan was not compatible with the device and he was forced to a limited data plan
    Had the same experience with an iPhone 5. Made me go limited and also turned off my hotspot. Had to add the feature back due to the "codes being different for a 3G and 4G hotspot". BS! Verizon is going to force everyone to limited unless you stay 3G.

I want to get a Z10, but need a few apps to be ported or written first. (Lync, Concur, Redbox, Flixster, Google+, Sugarsync, Onenote, and Kindle)
    02-10-13 12:22 PM
    2GB of data isn't enough. LTE sucks up data like nothing and you end up using so much more of the data because it is so darn fast.

I average 3-4GB of data on my iPhone 5 and my Note 2 averages 2-3GB of data constantly. Some months I go up to 5-6GB on both.
    How often are you connected to wifi? Do you leave apps open and running when you exit?
    02-10-13 02:02 PM
    this sucks so much and really upsets me. If i could stay 3G on my Z10 i would be happy. I have never thought to myself "hey i think i need my phones network connection to be faster."

BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-10-13 03:19 PM
    Had the same experience with an iPhone 5. Made me go limited and also turned off my hotspot. Had to add the feature back due to the "codes being different for a 3G and 4G hotspot". BS! Verizon is going to force everyone to limited unless you stay 3G.

I want to get a Z10, but need a few apps to be ported or written first. (Lync, Concur, Redbox, Flixster, Google+, Sugarsync, Onenote, and Kindle)
    This shouldn't be the case. You aren't changing your contract when you buy at full retail so you shouldn't be forced onto a different plan. This should be fought with calls to customer service.
    02-10-13 10:47 PM
    I am in same boat also about losing my unlimited data, that sucks!

But I thought we could buy the phone at full price and not get a new contract, then we would still be able to keep the unlimited plan. The key is you don't sign a new contract.
    02-10-13 11:30 PM
    I am not to sure. My buddies account said that this phone was not compatible with his plan and it forced him to switch. We will see though. It could be a mess up somewhere on his part

BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-11-13 08:02 AM
    I tell ya what else bites.....Verizon's new "shared" plans make carrying two phones terribly expensive. I ride a motorcycle and even though I try to be careful, I've dropped my phone a time or two. So, now when I ride I leave my BB at home and forward my calls to my old LG flip phone. That little convenience will cost me another $30 to $40 a month when I upgrade to the Z10......
    02-11-13 09:27 AM
    We were also "grandfathered" in to Verizon's unlimited data plan.
    Now the case they say is this: "no unlimited data for devices that aren't 3G."
    So for any change, any upgrade, any newer phone that has 4G/LTE capability, they don't allow unlimited data plans anymore.
    Also, I hate how Verizon hits you with that $30 upgrade fee. Just to upgrade to a new phone AND renew their stupid contract.
    We have 2 smart phones (about to be 3) and I really want to take the leap from Verizon, so I'm looking around. We've been with Verizon for well over a decade, it was even called something else. And their customer service has gone WAY down, and continues to do so.
    02-11-13 01:31 PM
    I thought when Verizon rolled out the new "shared plans", they said that you could keep your grandfathered plan as long as you didn't purchase a subsidized phone.

Has that changed since last summer?
    02-11-13 04:51 PM

BlackBerry By Choice!
    Well if you are grandfathered into unlimited, the only way they can take that is to change your data plan or add to it... they can not take it away.. I am with ATT and they are trying to whisk people off of unlimited by putting in stipulations like if you are in the top tier etc... but i have gone through 4 or 5 phones since att removed the unlimited plan and I have yet to be taken off of it.. you should double check with verizon, but att cant automatically remove mine just because i upgrade
    02-11-13 05:11 PM
    I thought when Verizon rolled out the new "shared plans", they said that you could keep your grandfathered plan as long as you didn't purchase a subsidized phone.

Has that changed since last summer?
    That is correct. If you do not purchase a phone at the subsidized cost you are able to keep your unlimited data

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-11-13 05:56 PM
    So why is that poster complaining about what has already been known for a while now?
    02-11-13 07:27 PM
    Well, the sales rep at my VZW may have been wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Or else, he just didn't care. Wouldn't be the first time for that either. Or, they get extra commissions for pushing customers off the unlimited data plans.
    Or, just a general commission for making any change, sale, or new contract.

Our VZW said, "the unlimited data plans only apply to the 3G phones."
    Whether is was paid at full price, or not.
    02-12-13 02:01 PM
    Here is why things are confusing, if you buy off contract you DO get to keep your unlimited plan.

The catch is the Z10 is a 4G phone, if you are currently on an unlimited plan with a 3g phone you have to change your plan to a 4G, which means you lose unlimited data.

So if you currently have an unlimited 4G plan and you buy a z10 off contract you WILL keep your unlimited 4G

If you are currently on a 3G unlimited plan you will lose it when moving to the Z10 or any other 4G phone whether you upgrade or buy off contract
    02-12-13 02:17 PM
    I tell ya what else bites.....Verizon's new "shared" plans make carrying two phones terribly expensive. I ride a motorcycle and even though I try to be careful, I've dropped my phone a time or two. So, now when I ride I leave my BB at home and forward my calls to my old LG flip phone. That little convenience will cost me another $30 to $40 a month when I upgrade to the Z10......
    Upgrading a single line on your plan should not do this. I have 5 lines on my plan, with 3 of those being feature phones. I gave up my unlimited data to get an HTC 8X for $50 back in December and it changed me to the 2GB/month for my line alone (which is also the primary line on the account). My wife still has her unlimited data, and the others on my plan with feature phones are still only $10/month.

In other words, I didn't have to switch to a shared plan. I just lost unlimited data on my line, which really isn't a big loss since I rarely hit 2GB/month anyway. Although with my discount the 4GB with hotspot is only $10 more a month so I went for that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    02-12-13 03:10 PM
    Here is why things are confusing, if you buy off contract you DO get to keep your unlimited plan.

The catch is the Z10 is a 4G phone, if you are currently on an unlimited plan with a 3g phone you have to change your plan to a 4G, which means you lose unlimited data.

So if you currently have an unlimited 4G plan and you buy a z10 off contract you WILL keep your unlimited 4G

If you are currently on a 3G unlimited plan you will lose it when moving to the Z10 or any other 4G phone whether you upgrade or buy off contract
    Incorrect sir. Even if you upgrade and by that i meant purchase the phone at the discounted price, regardless of whether it is a 3g or 4g phone, the unlimited data will be lost.

There is no "4g" plan. The data feature is the same whether it is on a 3g phone or a 4g phone. The difference is that our 4g phones have a RTR (real time reporting) feature that is added.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Edmo likes this.
    02-12-13 04:33 PM
73 123