I have all my contacts and calendar on icloud and now have the z10. Please help me with how I can setup this on my z10.
    Thank you!
    02-06-13 08:26 PM
    Welcom to Crackberry and congrats on the move to your new Z10. I don't have the answer, although I know it's floating around here somewhere. Hopefully someone responds, or you find it. I saw it earlier and if I find it, I'll return to give it to you.

EDIT - maybe this one will help.... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bb10-768008/

Here's another... I think it might be better.... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4s-z10-768163/
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 02-06-13 at 09:20 PM.
    zabjanny likes this.
    02-06-13 09:04 PM
    I have all my contacts and calendar on icloud and now have the z10. Please help me with how I can setup this on my z10.
    Thank you!
    I set up the contacts using CardDAV.the server name is contacts.icloud.com I set it up yesterday and it seemed to work, but it just dropped out now and it keeps prompting me for my password. makes me wonder if Apple is doing something to prevent this. Wouldn't surprise me.

As for the calendar, the server caldav.icloud.com should work in theory, but it doesn't. Again, not sure what apple is up to there....
    zabjanny likes this.
    02-06-13 09:13 PM
    I set up the contacts using CardDAV.the server name is contacts.icloud.com I set it up yesterday and it seemed to work, but it just dropped out now and it keeps prompting me for my password. makes me wonder if Apple is doing something to prevent this. Wouldn't surprise me.

As for the calendar, the server caldav.icloud.com should work in theory, but it doesn't. Again, not sure what apple is up to there....
    Maybe they're feelin the pinch
    02-06-13 09:21 PM
    Figured out the contacts thing. Apparently Apple locked out my account for too many unsuccessful login attempts....which makes no sense. Got it unlocked and the contacts were back up and running.....so setting up CardDAV account with contacts.icloud.com works. Now to only figure out the calendar...
    02-06-13 11:25 PM
    For calendar try this
    http://p06-caldav.icloud.com/

For Contacts try this
    http://p01-contacts.icloud.com/
    Yann Blanes likes this.
    02-07-13 01:05 PM
    Unfortunately any of the p servers are not working for me. I did read somewhere that each account is usually assigned a server to connect to and I was able to determine that my Mac connects to p08-caldav.icloud.com but it still doesn't seem to work.

I just don't understand how the contacts world and not the calendar. They're both based on DAV.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 08:36 PM
    setup the calDav using the imap setup in the accounts section of your Z10. Works for me. I use it to sync my calendar on my mac and my calendar on my Z10. It may take a restart of your phone or 30 minutes before you start seeing your calendar on your Z10 populate with your mac schedule.
    b320 likes this.
    02-11-13 01:09 AM
    I didn't have to do anything more than add my me.com email address. During the process it asked to sync calendar and contacts as well. The servers were added automatically. (Note - it didn't do this with my mac.com address, I had to use me.com.)
    02-11-13 06:32 AM
    Doesn't work for me!

02-22-13 11:26 AM
    I didn't have to do anything more than add my me.com email address. During the process it asked to sync calendar and contacts as well. The servers were added automatically. (Note - it didn't do this with my mac.com address, I had to use me.com.)
    I had first tried my icloud.com addres. After reading this, I tried it as me.com. As with icloud.com, email and contacts were fine, but calendar got the error described in the knowledge base article.
    02-24-13 01:23 AM
    For calendar try this
    http://p06-caldav.icloud.com/

For Contacts try this
    http://p01-contacts.icloud.com/
    Got one for mail?
    03-05-13 08:42 PM
    OK - no response, but I got it working myself this morning. Tips that worked on PlayBook. Hope they worked on BlackBerry 10

- Add mail first
    - Add your username (use .me instead of iCloud or .mac - those wouldn't work for me anymore)
    - if you have any issues, do an ADVANCED setup and use the following settings:

Mail:
    - User Name: Your user name without the @ or anything following it
    - Email Address: Use @me.com (not icloud or .mac)
    - Password: Your iCloud password
    - Server Address: imap.mail.me.com
    - Port: 993
    - Encryption: SSL
    - IMAP Path Prefix: Leave blank
    - SMTP Username: Your login, minus anything after the "@"
    - SMTP Password: Your iCloud password
    - SMTP Server Address: smtp.mail.me.com
    - SMTP Port: 587
    - SMTP Encryption: StartTLS

Once you click "Save" and it hopefully connects, then add your calendars and contacts.

Calendar:
    - Click on "Add new account"
    - select the Email, Calendars and Contacts.
    - Where it says "sign into an existing account", enter your @me.com address in the email field and your iCloud password in password field.
    - Click "advanced setup"
    -Choose CalDAV
    - Enter your @me.com address in the username field and email address fields
    - Enter your iCloud passowrd in the Password field
    - enter caldav.icloud.com in the server address field
    - Click "SAVE"

Contacts

- Click on "Add new account"
    - select the Email, Calendars and Contacts.
    - Where it says "sign into an existing account", enter your @me.com address in the email field and your iCloud password in password field.
    - Click "advanced setup"
    - Select CardDAV
    - Enter your @me.com address in the username field and email address fields
    - Enter your iCloud passowrd in the Password field
    - enter contacts.icloud.com in the server address field
    - Click SAVE

Everything has synced ... iCloud MAIL, iCloud contacts, iCloud calendar
    apercu likes this.
    03-06-13 01:47 PM
    One quick point. My calendar had a default iCloud calendar of "reminders" instead of the "home" calendar that I use for all appointments.

To change this, I had to wait for the calendar to populate on the blackberry z10 (around 5 min) and then I went back into Settings/accounts//set defaults.

Under calendar I long-pressed the word "iCloud - reminders" and was presented with the "iCloud - home" calendar that I want to use.

Set up a test calendar event on the BB Z10 and in 3 mins it showed up on my ipad!

Totally in sync! Loving this forum and this thread was invaluable at helping me set up my contacts and calendar to sync from iCloud into the blackberry and vice a versa.
    03-22-13 01:52 PM
    i still have problem in syncing icloud contact to my Z10. i have followed all instructions but it came out as "Your login information for account (iCloud - [email protected])has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again." Is there any other way to do it easier?
    03-27-13 11:57 PM
    Hello,

contacts and cal sync is easy and no problems. Thanks for the tutorial. But a nother question.
    Contact pics gets no sync. All contacs are without pics.
    Got all my contacts in icloud.

any suggestions?
    03-28-13 03:24 AM
    i still have problem in syncing icloud contact to my Z10. i have followed all instructions but it came out as "Your login information for account (iCloud - [email protected])has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again." Is there any other way to do it easier?
    if youre having serious issues connecting to your icloud/me.com acct, then you might have to reset your password. remember apple had that bug where people could reset your password with a link? they might have put a lock on it until you yourself reset it through https://iforgot.apple.com/.

if youre still having troubles, then id suggest reading BlackBerry's support knowledge base article KB22812 and follow those instructions.
    03-28-13 06:14 AM
    I have successfully added all three accounts, however mails that I have already read and put into folders on my Mac aren't synced to my Z10, only mails that are arriving after I set it up. Is this normal or am I missing something ?

Edit: Nevermind, found it

Edit 2: Can the intitial retrieve amount be increased to more, basically forever ?
    Last edited by pille02; 04-04-13 at 07:05 PM.
    04-04-13 01:14 PM
    So is anyone else getting the botched HTML tags trying to use me.com to send email? I've had a number of emails come back to me in response with broken HTML tags all through it. I did some research and found that:

1. It's supposedly a know issue (RIM)
    2. It can be worked-around by using an SMTP server that allows unauthenticated sending (how many of those are there anymore and who would want to use them even if they were plentiful?)
    3. It can be solved specifically by switching the me.com SMTP server from using StartTLS to SSL

Now I don't know about #1 above, but I won't try #2, and I tried #3... I can't connect using SSL over port 465 from my berry for some reason. Anyone got some thoughts?

Thanks,
    Root
    04-05-13 12:53 PM
    Hi! I've done that and all the emails, calendars and contacts are sync. I still have 2 problems, although: 1 - I've got to change the contacts on iCloud, cause if I do it only on Z10, they don't change on the cloud as on any other device (Mac or iPad); 2 - The default calendar on Z10 its local so can't be sync with iCloud (at least I think it can't) and I can't change the default calendar - every time I add a new event I have to change the calendar.
    Do you have the same problem or know the solution?
    Thanks
    04-06-13 07:11 AM
    Default calendar can be set be going to settings then accounts. At the bottom you will see 'set defaults'

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:28 AM
    thanks! 1 problem solved.
    04-10-13 06:28 AM
    I've got to change the contacts on iCloud, cause if I do it only on Z10, they don't change on the cloud as on any other device (Mac or iPad);
    Thanks
    same problem, have you found a solution?
    05-22-13 02:45 PM
    same problem, have you found a solution?
    I believe this is because I cloud only provides read only access. The device does not have permission to make the changes.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:33 PM
    I believe this is because I cloud only provides read only access. The device does not have permission to make the changes.

Posted via CB10
    what/which approach are you using now to sync your BB10 device (for contacts)?
    05-27-13 11:33 AM
27 12