Got my Z10 yesterday and overall very happy with the experience except its 2pm and the battery is dead already. I have been using it quite a bit this is really not a good sign and if it can't get through the day with moderate use its going back.
    02-06-13 12:56 PM
    They say that it could be worse the first few days because of syncing and stuff, I don't know. Turn tour nfc,and wifi off if you don't need them. LTE is a real battery hog. Battery life will improve with OS updates.

We want lighter, faster and more powerful devices, and we complain about battery life. We can't have it all.
    TrioGM likes this.
    02-06-13 12:58 PM
    They say that it could be worse the first few days because of syncing and stuff, I don't know. Turn tour nfc,and wifi off if you don't need them. LTE is a real battery hog. Battery life will improve with OS updates.
    NFC and Wifi have been off all day. Haven't made any phone calls either.
    02-06-13 12:59 PM
    D*mn! I really hope that the battery life gets better or a better battery(just wishing) before the pending March release here in the U.S. I don't plan on carrying extra batteries around. Hopefully the battery will get better with time and conditioning after usage.
    02-06-13 01:00 PM
    Data also drains the battery, as well as just using the device. Give it time.
    02-06-13 01:01 PM
    Unless i am a lucky one i do not know how others are having all these issues.

I got the phone yesterday morning from Rogers. The battery died after 3 hours. Left it to charge until 6pm. Took it off the charger & started texting,emailig, BBM & going on the internet. Around 2am i went to bed & left the phone off the charger. It was at 44%. Woke up at 9am & its still on at 28%. Around 20 emails came threw, 1 missed call & 5 text messages & 1 BBM. Also i would like to note i had WiFi on the whole time & my network settings are on as well.

In the end? Amazing battery compare it to the iPhone 5 & S3 i had
    02-06-13 01:02 PM
    Unless i am a lucky one i do not know how others are having all these issues.

I got the phone yesterday morning from Rogers. The battery died after 3 hours. Left it to charge until 6pm. Took it off the charger & started texting,emailig, BBM & going on the internet. Around 2am i went to bed & left the phone off the charger. It was at 44%. Woke up at 9am & its still on at 28%. Around 20 emails came threw, 1 missed call & 5 text messages & 1 BBM. Also i would like to note i had WiFi on the whole time & my network settings are on as well.

In the end? Amazing battery compare it to the iPhone 5 & S3 i had
    What brightness level do you have yours on? I actually turned mine up almost to the top so maybe that is why. I will have to try again tomorrow with it at 50% or something.
    02-06-13 01:03 PM
    Give it a couple days. My 9900 took a while to settle in. Software upgrades certainly improved the 9900 battery stamina.

That said, I'm a little concerned too. Took the phone off the charger at 8:30 this morning and it's 11:00 PST now and the phone is at approximately 75-80% with light to moderate use consisting of email, text, bbm, whatsapp and NO phone calls or browsing. I need my phone to last a full day. If not this guy has to go back unfortunately.
    Check your bluetooth as well. Not saying you haven't but throwing it out there anyway.
    From the reviews I read (forget where), the first few day the battery life is not grea due to it doing stuff behind the scenes... it supposedly gets better
    02-06-13 01:04 PM
    I'm not sure I buy this stuff going on in the background business. Seems a bit fishy
    02-06-13 01:11 PM
    Yesterday because I was playing with it all day, I had to charge it at the office before I left and then gave it a quick top up before I went out for the night. The battery lasted me from 6pm until about 11pm and was at 40% when I got home but again, I had been playing with it and showing it off all night lol This morning I took it off the charger at 8am, as usual when I leave my house, and under normal use, same as my 9900, its at roughly 65% which is similar, if not better than what my 9900 would be at by this time. I have the same connections active (WiFi on, Bluetooth on, NFC off, Mobile hotspot off) as I did on my 9900 as well. So far, the battery is performing as expected. With a 4.2" screen and LTE network, you have to expect some limitations compared to a 2.8" HSPA+ network.

Car chargers and wall chargers were invented for a reason, isn't that the excuse Android and Apple users have been giving us for years lol now its our turn to use it on them lol
    02-06-13 01:13 PM
    I'm actually very happy with battery life. So far, it is about 50% or so better than my Nexus 4...
    02-06-13 01:15 PM
    Just like the iPhone or any android device, cancel the apps that are running to save battery life.
    02-06-13 01:19 PM
    Mine died after a few hours out of the box (I let it die)...then I charged till 85% and it lasted 7 hours before hitting 10% warning.

It will take a few days for battery to settle down.
    02-06-13 01:23 PM
    What brightness level do you have yours on? I actually turned mine up almost to the top so maybe that is why. I will have to try again tomorrow with it at 50% or something.
    Mine was at 60%
    02-06-13 01:23 PM
    I don't think I've been overly heavy on Usage today, but since 5AM EST I've dropped down to 22%. Some texting, a phone call, bit of surfing etc. I do have brightness cranked though which I know doesn't help. But with the light sensor problems it's nice to see the display looking gorgeous some of the time at least!
    02-06-13 01:24 PM
    Lucky me, I have an iPhone 4S, it has got the worst battery ever. That means when I get my Z10 I will feel it has got an endless battery lol xD
    02-06-13 01:37 PM
    Whatsapp?? I don't think whatsapp is available yet for the new bb10. So far, I woke up and unplugged my phone at 5:30am, and my battery is down to 28%. I have wifi on, but no nfc or bluetooth. Hoping this battery will last at least 12 hours, but it's not looking good so far...
    02-06-13 01:40 PM
    Wouldn't count on that.. battery life really is suffering at the moment, I just ordered the travel charging thing and battery. Hopefully it will improve.

Its not amazingly bad though, and most people are probably playing a lot more with the device than usual. I can just about get through a normal day, although sometimes it needs a boost if I've had some calls
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-06-13 01:40 PM
    Lucky me, I have an iPhone 4S, it has got the worst battery ever. That means when I get my Z10 I will feel it has got an endless battery lol xD
    Im using an iPhone 4S, i don't think it has the worst battery ever like what you're saying. Set it properly and you will get at least 10hours of heavy usage.
    02-06-13 01:41 PM
    Disappointing. My 4s and my Lumia 920 get a day and a half. Hopefully these are just lemons
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-06-13 01:43 PM
    Got my Z10 yesterday, about 30% when purchased. Let it die fully, then charged overnight. Played with it quite a bit this morning (the PHONE), since about 6:30 am. about 30 BBM messages, 15 text, maybe 20 or so emails, downloaded 3 apps and played with the browser a bit. Now at 50% at 2:45 pm. Not too bad, but my Bold would have been 75% right now. Regardless, love the phone!
    02-06-13 01:45 PM
    Im using an iPhone 4S, i don't think it has the worst battery ever like what you're saying. Set it properly and you will get at least 10hours of heavy usage.
    Never got that before unless I don't use it at all. I am sure Z10 won't be worse.
    02-06-13 01:46 PM
    How many apps do you guys leave open? Close what you don't need open and turn off Wifi etc that you don't need and test it again.
    02-06-13 01:52 PM
28 12