Just found out that Home Depot is recalling Blackberries from their management staff and replacing them with iPhone 4S's.

HD used the devices for in house applications as well as for communications. So I am guessing these apps have already been re-written if devices are going back. I belive the transition is to be complete in the next 60 days.

Sad they didn't wait to see if BB10 satisfied their needs before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

~S
    02-06-13 11:36 AM
    Meh. Oh well. Other companies will be picking up BB10.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:39 AM
    If they're getting the 4s and not the 5 they probably aren't willing to pay the price for a z10.
    02-06-13 11:42 AM
    I think it's a hit or miss with some companies. A firm a friend of mine works in (not a huge company mind you), just ordered BB10's for their employees to use as work phones.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:42 AM
    Hasn't Home Depot been "dropping" BlackBerry for years now?
    02-06-13 11:44 AM
    When I was getting my Z10 yesterday there were like 5 corporate guys getting some Z10's too.
    BergerKing and BBNation like this.
    02-06-13 11:46 AM
    Odd timing. I can tell you that currently a large US Chemical company is in that same boat and won't be supporting BB in the near future for their US offices.

I have to laugh at these companies as they decide to take the plunge now, when Blackberry's new system has come out, offers a unique approach to BYOD, far superior security, greater features, and is CHEAPER! Give them 2 years and they will have spent twice as much to convert back.

US companies need to get their head out of the sand and stop using GOOD as a half assed way to get Android and iOS in the workplace.

PS, I also know that a large Canadian Oil Company that is rolling out BES10 this week. Not sure when the devices follow suit, but I would imagine it is shortly after.
    02-06-13 12:04 PM
    Hasn't Home Depot been "dropping" BlackBerry for years now?
    Possibly. My source in in Canada, but perhaps this change came a while ago in the US.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:17 PM
    I worked there last year and my store manager informed us of this switch. This isn't really new.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 02:49 PM
    Lowe's dropped them last year. I am sure the standard "it doesn't matter" will apply here.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 02:52 PM
    isn't a surprise... i don't see a lot of large companies moving to BB10 anytime soon. BB10 is going to take a few years to regain that part of the market due to basically starting over and thats not saying its a flop.

when I worked on Rogers BB tech I quickly realized the majority of business users of big firms had BB pearls and curves (insane amounts of pearls). which originally thought was weird until I thought about it and the amount of employees these companies have. and I'm not talking average low endcompanies, I'm talking large Banks, hospitals, government etc.

Right now I work for Great canadian gaming corp and all management staff/admin have 9700's
    02-07-13 02:08 AM
    Will be getting my supplies at rona from now on
    02-07-13 02:38 AM
    FedEx supports BlackBerry, as I know someone that works for the security side of the company and last Fall they replaced their old push to talk cellphones with Bold 9900s. He told me that the BlackBerry devices were fully compatible with their company intranet while Android devices and the iPhone were not.
    02-07-13 03:42 PM
    BlackBerry 10 can't come soon enough to the U.S.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    02-07-13 04:01 PM
    Well just like Lows and now Home Depot lol, no problem lets wait until they get hacked, I am sure they will be crauling back to BlackBerry 10.
    The issue with Home Depot is they've already signed a contract for the iPhones last year I believe. Now that the BB10 is out, I can see Home Depot coming back to BlackBerry after this contract is up.

BlackBerry 10 will sell itself, that is how good it is.
    canuckvoip and tHe.iR1sH like this.
    02-08-13 10:04 PM
    Will be getting my supplies at rona from now on
    lol rona will be closign down their big box stores and only have little mom and pop home hardware sized shops like thye used to, they can't compete with Home Depod on the big box stores its really a shame though
    02-09-13 09:11 AM
    Possibly. My source in in Canada, but perhaps this change came a while ago in the US.
    If it's just Canada then that probably adds up to less than 100 devices. Not that the total amount of units matters but it's hardly an unmitigated disaster. My company just dropped BYOD and are going BB exclusive in 60 days. Too many issues with other devices, particularly Android, and we're migrating over to BES10 for skin tight security. I don't care what anyone says, we've seen first hand of what going cheap or bending to what your employees want can do. We should never have migrated away from BB in the first place.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 02-10-13 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Clarity and pretty awful diction!
    Wilkerson4492 and canuckvoip like this.
    02-09-13 09:39 AM
    Y'all should boycott both HD and Lowe's.
    Only buy from companies that are BlackBerry Certified.
    Wilkerson4492 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:43 AM
    I dont have faith in Americans anymore..
    02-09-13 02:01 PM
    I can't believe that this justifies a thread. Home Depot are not exactly the centre of the corporate world. Year old news and not worth repeating.
    Villain likes this.
    02-09-13 05:39 PM
    Well just like Lows and now Home Depot lol, no problem lets wait until they get hacked, I am sure they will be crauling back to BlackBerry 10.
    The issue with Home Depot is they've already signed a contract for the iPhones last year I believe. Now that the BB10 is out, I can see Home Depot coming back to BlackBerry after this contract is up.

This is what you're going with? C'mon...
    02-09-13 05:43 PM

a company would have to be out of their mind to switch to an unproven product when they've just switched to a very proven product. wait till they get hacked? bb10 is using exchange now, which is exactly what iOS and android are using. it's a secure standard. this post is pretty funny coming from someone with the name "AtInsider" if home depot were to actually switch back to bb it would be years from now at the earliest. right now there is nothing bb is offering that justifies the cost of moving to it.
    02-09-13 05:55 PM
    Y'all should boycott both HD and Lowe's.
    Only buy from companies that are BlackBerry Certified.
    No, that is too passive. They should start a "Occupy Home Depot" event, using BBM!!
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-09-13 06:10 PM
    Folks I suspect that Home Depot like myself got tired of all the promises of delivery of the 10 that never materialized. I waited until January and all I got was an announcement that the 10 would not be available until March. I got an iphone5. Quite frankly it is more for teenie boppers, but will have to do me for the next 2 years. Perhaps the 10 will be available by then.
    02-09-13 07:33 PM
    a company would have to be out of their mind to switch to an unproven product when they've just switched to a very proven product. wait till they get hacked? bb10 is using exchange now, which is exactly what iOS and android are using. it's a secure standard. this post is pretty funny coming from someone with the name "AtInsider" if home depot were to actually switch back to bb it would be years from now at the earliest. right now there is nothing bb is offering that justifies the cost of moving to it.
    Umm Only BB 10 consumer devices are using that. Corporations that buy into BlackBerry would most definitely be getting BES which still has RIM's bread and butter of push e-mail integrated within it.
    02-09-13 07:57 PM
69 123