I'm rough with my BlackBerry's so I was pretty worried that i would drop my z10. I was nervous about the defender case because I thought it would interface with gestures.

I'm using it as I type this. It actually makes it easier to type with 2 thumbs. No problems with bezel gestures. I recommend it.

Just wanted to share.

Update (by Kevin): OtterBox Defender for Z10
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 02-09-13 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added link to OtterBox Defender
    02-06-13 11:13 AM
    video, pics, all would be greatly appreciated, thanks for finally answering the BIG question haha (I actually just read your post in the other thread about trying to track one down)
    02-06-13 11:15 AM
    I'm glad i could help. I'll post some pics later tonight.
    phylez likes this.
    02-06-13 11:17 AM
    I have an otterbox on my z10 and I am very happy with it. my only issue is that the belt clip is in the middle of the holster which makes the phone ride high on your belt. it looks kind of odd
    02-06-13 11:19 AM
    The Otter Box Defender would be my first choice. However, I do wish the belt clip could accommodate a 2" belt. What size clip does it come with? Thanks for your review.
    02-06-13 11:21 AM
    I was looking at this case as well, and I appreciate the honest review. Thanks bunches.
    02-06-13 12:23 PM
    Hey, I got the Defender yesterday at the Bell store, and maybe mine was just defective, but I had a huge problem using the gestures with the case on [it covers 3/4 of the bezel on bottom and sides]. So much so, I returned it yesterday. YMMV though.
    02-06-13 12:55 PM
    Hey, I got the Defender yesterday at the Bell store, and maybe mine was just defective, but I had a huge problem using the gestures with the case on [it covers 3/4 of the bezel on bottom and sides]. So much so, I returned it yesterday. YMMV though.
    It works fine, did you actually give it a shot at all? I'm a heavy user and it's working fine for me
    02-06-13 01:04 PM
    Where did you manage to find the Defender? I thought Otterbox was saying they weren't shipping until the 9th?

Mike
    02-07-13 05:14 PM
    Here are the pics, i made them really special for you guys....

My Otter Box Defender first impressions-yqigwsh.jpg

My Otter Box Defender first impressions-8igdxit.jpg

My Otter Box Defender first impressions-fsfou3y.jpg

My Otter Box Defender first impressions-y4kucpd.jpg

My Otter Box Defender first impressions-phccjoh.jpg
    02-07-13 10:03 PM
    Looks good. You don't find it too bulky?
    02-07-13 10:17 PM
    I purchased the Defender Otter Box as well, along with purchasing the phone outright. The screen itself has not been touched by human fingers.. The only gripe i have with it, is that the bottom bezel 3/4 of it is covered by the case it self. So it becomes difficult at times to swipe up, other than that its sweet, makes it a lil bulkier for the one hand navigation, and texting, so it kind of defeats the purpose of the reason the Z10 was designed the way it was. But it's a great case really durable and it looks good. definitely recommend, just wish there was more bezel space.
    02-07-13 10:18 PM
    I purchased the Defender Otter Box as well, along with purchasing the phone outright. The screen itself has not been touched by human fingers.. The only gripe i have with it, is that the bottom bezel 3/4 of it is covered by the case it self. So it becomes difficult at times to swipe up, other than that its sweet, makes it a lil bulkier for the one hand navigation, and texting, so it kind of defeats the purpose of the reason the Z10 was designed the way it was. But it's a great case really durable and it looks good. definitely recommend, just wish there was more bezel space.
    Bust out the Dremel and shave that sucker down LOL
    austriker and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-07-13 10:23 PM
    good to hear. ordered mine from the crackberry store and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow but with a big storm about to hit southern Ontario I'm not hopeful HA
    02-07-13 10:25 PM
    It's bulky, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It would be nice if there was some extra room at the bottom for the bezel, I'm not to sure why they made it so tight. I thought about trimming it with my Dremel, but that will leave a slight gap at the bottom because it angles down to the bezel. We'll see, I'll post updates if i do it.
    02-07-13 10:35 PM
    It's bulky, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It would be nice if there was some extra room at the bottom for the bezel, I'm not to sure why they made it so tight. I thought about trimming it with my Dremel, but that will leave a slight gap at the bottom because it angles down to the bezel. We'll see, I'll post updates if i do it.
    Yah..As long as you ride your thumb down the slope of the case and on to the screen, you will be smooth sailing from now on.
    02-07-13 10:42 PM
    Want more pictures
    02-09-13 11:44 AM
    Want more pictures
    With the belt clip please.
    02-09-13 05:50 PM
    I can't decide whether to get the Otterbox Defender or the Incipio OVRMLD.
    Honest opinions please.
    02-09-13 06:15 PM
    it definitely makes the phone bulky but it's worth it for the protection it provides. i have been having issues with the gestures because the bezel is partially covered as has been mentioned. the holster, more specifically the belt clip, seems like it's made from cheap plastic. the clip definitely will not fit over a duty belt.

in the end, this is a great case. especially when you get it from crackberry with their fast shipping. but i'm hoping they release a commuter case in the very near future.
    02-09-13 07:23 PM
    I have a Commuter for my Galaxy Nexus, never tried any other cases though my cousin swears by her Incipio.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:25 PM
    Great pics......thankx...
    02-09-13 08:15 PM
    I have had two Otterboxes. I loved them. I am going to try something else this phone. After seeing these pics, I am so happy to switch. The case really makes the Zed look a lot like the IPhone.
    Not interested in that.
    They do offer really good protection though. One thing I dont like about my OB now, is the grippy material. In some ways its good, sitting on the dash of my truck while driving, but my ski jacket
    has a small pocket for phones, but the pocket is so small, the grippy surface makes it hard to put phone in.
    I am going for the Casemate aluminum look case. Should fit easier in the jacket, and my jeans. Less drop protection though....
    Enjoy.
    02-09-13 08:26 PM
    As I stated in another post ,love the Otter box Defender .I wear a wide leather belt and the clip fits fine .What I really like is the face of the phone when in the belt clip is totally Protected !! which makes me sleep at night .The touch features on my Z10 work perfectly with this case ,no problems what so ever.
    02-09-13 09:17 PM
    Where did you manage to find the Defender? I thought Otterbox was saying they weren't shipping until the 9th?

Mike

Apparently processing started back up early. Mine shipped 2 days ago with delivery being next week.
    02-09-13 09:32 PM
55 123