I got a new PlayBook 32GB for Christmas and up until a couple of weeks ago it was working perfect. If I go into my email app it will ask me to connect to a network and try again or it will say an unexpected error occurred. The same happens sometimes when I open the browser and to try and watch streaming videos is next to impossible! It doesn't oeseem to be the router or the wifi that's the problem because the laptops and phones don't seem to share any of these issues with the PlayBook. I've tried turning the wifi off, deleting the wifi user and restarting the tablet before I connect again but it's not doing anything! This is soon becoming the biggest paperweight/calculator in this house! Please help me!!!
    02-06-13 03:59 AM
    Hi,
    I have similar problems with my 64GB. Had it about the same amount of time as you too. I was looking today, and people have suggested things from a reboot through removing any Android 'Sideloaded' apps, up to a full wipe (ie revert the Playbook to its initial state). I haven't tried any of this myself (apart from the re-boot which didn't help). Will have a go tonight or tomorrow when I get some time.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 04:53 AM
    hi both, try manually logging into your router on another laptop and changing the auto channel selection to manual and change it to either channel six oe eleven (not sure why only these two, but read somewhere that they were the xorrect ones?)
    the PlayBook wifi reception is very poor due to the size and location of the antenna, and they suffer massively with wifi interferance and weakish signals.
    worth a try anyway before wiping and debricking etc!
    give it a try and see if anything improves?
    cheers
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 05:30 AM
    Hi thanks for the replies, I have no idea how to do those things but Google is a faithful friend so I'm sure I'll find it.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
    02-06-13 08:32 AM
    Hi thanks for the replies, I have no idea how to do those things but Google is a faithful friend so I'm sure I'll find it.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
    This very forum is an excellent source of information! If you search some of the threads in here, you should be able to find out everything you need to know (at least as far as the Playbook goes)

If in doubt, just ask, and someone is sure to help...

Actually, I'm not sure I read your post properly first time... Are you able to connect to WiFi at all?? What happens if you try to browse a simple webpage (say Google's home page)
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 09:02 AM
    I'm connected to the Internet and I can usually load simple pages (very slow though) but it does happen alot that I try to get Google up and the error message comes up. I then turn the wifi off and back on and that usually fixes it for a few minutes.
    02-06-13 11:45 AM
    What is your wifi signal strength? Do you have many other signals showing up in your neighborhood? Are you using the g or the n frequency ranges? What router are you using? You can check your wifi by using gear/wifi/diagnostic information: wi-fi information. What enryption protocol are you using?
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 12:22 PM
    Hi, my signals strength is showing full green bars.
    This is from my wifi info :
    Channel 11
    Network type : 802.11g
    Signal level : -46dBm
    Connection data rate : 54 Mbps

SpeedStream is the name of the router.

I'm grateful for the reply and I hope I am answering the questions right but truth is that I have not the slightest clue what all that is...
    02-06-13 01:58 PM
    I got a new PlayBook 32GB for Christmas and up until a couple of weeks ago it was working perfect. If I go into my email app it will ask me to connect to a network and try again or it will say an unexpected error occurred. The same happens sometimes when I open the browser and to try and watch streaming videos is next to impossible! It doesn't oeseem to be the router or the wifi that's the problem because the laptops and phones don't seem to share any of these issues with the PlayBook. I've tried turning the wifi off, deleting the wifi user and restarting the tablet before I connect again but it's not doing anything! This is soon becoming the biggest paperweight/calculator in this house! Please help me!!!
    Hi all,
    I had major issues for the last couple of weeks after installing new modem router(slow internet and wouldn't connect to update server after security wipe) and found the playbook doesn't like communication with router if "WPS" function enabled - turn this off and it will be much better. You will have to install Wifi setup manually. Have advised blackberry tech support and they are currently looking into this issue. Hope this helps
    Wayne
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 02:50 PM
    Your signal strength is very good. The PB should operate OK in the g mode. Not familiar with the SpeedStream Router. Maybe someone else can help. Sometimes changing securiy setting can help. If you are having trouble with your browser maybe you should clear cache and look at the other browser settings. Playbook Help has much useful info.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 03:14 PM
    Hi all,
    I had major issues for the last couple of weeks after installing new modem router(slow internet and wouldn't connect to update server after security wipe) and found the playbook doesn't like communication with router if "WPS" function enabled - turn this off and it will be much better. You will have to install Wifi setup manually. Have advised blackberry tech support and they are currently looking into this issue. Hope this helps
    Wayne

Hi Wayne. Where do I find that in settings? The WPS I mean? (first time having a tablet and the first BB).
    02-06-13 04:03 PM
    I've been having issues since the release of BB10. Had my PlayBook for over a year, and just the last few weeks have been almost unusable. As others commented, all other devices operate normally. Fortunately my SG3 is quick as can be. Posting this from my PB, but site took 2 or 3 minutes to load.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 06:08 PM
    OP

via google.ca, there seems to be a lot of different speedstream routers some like this 4200 on a bell.ca pg that popped up; How to set up my SpeedStream 4200 modem : Before you begin This unit does not indicate having a wps button (a button usually with 2 arrows chasing each other counter clockwise)

Or basic internet connection instructions within the 6**** series model; How to set up a wireless network on my SpeedStream 6300 or 6520 modem

If you meant wps functionality for Pb , you can see instruct' starting pg. 50 ;
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...282-2.1-en.pdf

good luck
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 06:57 PM
    So nothing changed? Just all of a sudden this started happening? Nothing new in the house connected or anything like that?

It worked fine before?
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:11 PM
    I've been having issues since the release of BB10. Had my PlayBook for over a year, and just the last few weeks have been almost unusable. As others commented, all other devices operate normally. Fortunately my SG3 is quick as can be. Posting this from my PB, but site took 2 or 3 minutes to load.
    What would the release of BB10 have to do with it? Do you have a Z10 and now the pb won't work?
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:14 PM
    What would the release of BB10 have to do with it? Do you have a Z10 and now the pb won't work?
    No, nothing changed. Only noted the timing of BB10 as a reference to date I first noted it. Tried to check this site to read news on release and it struggled, tried my wife's photo site, wouldn't load, tried banking, timed out. Hopped on phone and things were flawless! Nothing new in our house since we upgraded to droid 4 or 5 months ago.
    02-06-13 08:09 PM
    That's pretty odd. Have you tried a 3 finger salute? Power + and - all together until it restarts? Or deleted the the profile from the PB and then search and add it again?
    02-06-13 08:15 PM
    So nothing changed? Just all of a sudden this started happening? Nothing new in the house connected or anything like that?

It worked fine before?
    Hi, there were no changes at all. Same cell phones that use the connection and the same laptop. I have a talent for "doing something" to my devices but I was extremely careful not to change a thing after it was setup for me. The only thing that has been done is I downloaded a few apps from the market app.
    02-07-13 07:28 AM
    Have you tried what I said in the post above yours?
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-07-13 07:38 AM
    I had similar problem; confused because there were no changes in my house. Then I noticed different SSIDs being detected (new routers in the neighborhood). Using my 9900 I hilighted each of those routers>menu>view network details, and noticed that a neighbor's router was using the same channel as mine. Then I went in to my router's configuration and changed it's channel to one that none of my neighbors were using. Wa-La, problem solved.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-07-13 09:18 AM
    Have you tried what I said in the post above yours?
    Yes I tried doing that but it's still the same. I took a screen shot and have it attached to this post of what comes up.
    Attached Thumbnails Internet problems-img_00000044.jpg  
    02-07-13 04:56 PM
    Yes I tried doing that but it's still the same. I took a screen shot and have it attached to this post of what comes up.
    I've got that before but only when using bridge thru my phone. Usually turning bluetooth off and on again fixes it. Let me see if I can find out anything about your router. What model is it?
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-07-13 05:08 PM
    Here is my router settings. Check for a firmware update for your router also.

Internet problems-wireless-settings-2.jpg

Internet problems-wireless-settings.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Internet problems-wireless-settings-2.jpg   Internet problems-wireless-settings.jpg  
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-07-13 06:11 PM
    For those with Win7 and probably Win8 you may be able to temporarily use Connectify on your computer to generate a hot spot for the Blackberry Playbook. There is a free download and you can set your encryption and password.

PB has other browsers in the app world such as Simple Browser, Dolphin and Maxthon (both from Android), and others. Would suggest trying one to eliminate the possiblikty is something corrupted in the stock browser.

OP:What encryption protocol are you using? Look under wifi information. You will also note that logs are available which may be gobbledygook to you but could help a techy. Also do you have trouble with other wifi such as Staples or Starbucks if any of these are available to you.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-07-13 07:15 PM
    I've got that before but only when using bridge thru my phone. Usually turning bluetooth off and on again fixes it. Let me see if I can find out anything about your router. What model is it?
    I don't have any other blackberry gadget but turns out my stepson downloaded the bridge thing to pair it with his phone and the bluetooth was on (I never use that). I turned the bluetooth off and it seems to be working, no more troubles yet!!! Hopefully that was the problem because I have no idea how to get to the router settings and I can't find anything about encryption anything I am the least tech savvy on this forum I think!
    02-08-13 08:17 AM
31 12