I dont know if this is a dumb question but how do i set a notification sound on the z10 when i get emails???
    trinipoco likes this.
    02-06-13 12:23 AM
    does anyone know?
    02-06-13 12:33 AM
    Having trouble same problems, not impressed with notifications in general
    02-06-13 12:35 AM
    Go to settings>notifications>messages - From there you can set it generically. Sadly, not as fine grained in the controls vs. previous BBOS.
    Go to contacts> edit contact>Messages Notification Tone - If you want to set it for specific contacts.
    02-06-13 12:36 AM
    yeah its weird you can change the sounds on everything but the emails and there are barley any sounds
    trinipoco likes this.
    02-06-13 12:37 AM
    Overall the sounds on the device are very lacking.. I've downloaded MP3 to use for all the alerts I want rather the lackluster 'choice' given
    02-06-13 12:38 AM
    Bla1ze you cant set them for email like my gmail or hotmail i dont hear anything when i get an email
    02-06-13 12:38 AM
    i dont know if i got an email at all
    02-06-13 12:41 AM
    this blows
    02-06-13 12:58 AM
    yeah its weird you can change the sounds on everything but the emails and there are barley any sounds
    post 10:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post7940467
    02-06-13 01:13 AM
    We need BeBuzz for BB10!
    02-06-13 01:17 AM
    this blows
    Maybe you got a defective unit because I'm not having any issues with the sound
    02-06-13 01:35 AM
    Ok. I'm having the same issue this morning. No sounds for email, phone calls even typing. I have the sound profile set to "normal" and enabled. This is very odd. This was all fine yesterday. I plugged it in over night to charge and then checked it this morning. Did charging it enable a profile that has not un-set?

EDIT: When tying to turn volume up/down I get a speaker icon with a lock showing, suggesting volume is locked? Man, this is weird, and frustrating.

EDIT 2: Ok, the speaker locked was due to the Z10 being paired via BT to my laptop. But still, no sound alerts at all still for email or even calls despite having the normal sound profile set. Am I losing my mind?

EDIT 3: Ok, had to do a battery pull and when it came back, all was well. Wow. What the ****? Did the BT connection create some issues? Seemed to be creating some confusion to the sound profile.
    Last edited by shabbs; 02-06-13 at 07:39 AM.
    02-06-13 07:12 AM
    so u guys have sound when u get an email?
    02-06-13 08:27 AM
    so u guys have sound when u get an email?
    Yes. I did at the start, then they disappeared this morning but the issue seemed to be with my BT connection always re-connecting with my laptop. Once I disabled that and gave the phone a battery pull it seemed to be ok. Not sure if that will help you.
    02-06-13 08:57 AM
    I got my Z10 yesterday and set it all up for the rest of the day. I had the sounds set the way I wanted for email, text, Facebook, etc. Then this morning I noticed I was getting text messages and emails but absolutely no alerts for anything incoming. It was making me nuts because I kept going back and checking all the settings, powered off and so forth. I was BT paired with my laptop which is not really a requirement. I did as I read here and pulled the battery and then everything was fine. I have since unpaired BT with my laptop, just in case. The only time I really have to be paired with anything is when I am in the car. So glad I found someone else here who had the problem. I know that eventually I would have pulled the battery because that is always the last resort but this got me there faster - and with some hair still on my head.
    02-08-13 11:31 AM
    Ok. I'm having the same issue this morning. No sounds for email, phone calls even typing. I have the sound profile set to "normal" and enabled. This is very odd. This was all fine yesterday. I plugged it in over night to charge and then checked it this morning. Did charging it enable a profile that has not un-set?

EDIT: When tying to turn volume up/down I get a speaker icon with a lock showing, suggesting volume is locked? Man, this is weird, and frustrating.

EDIT 2: Ok, the speaker locked was due to the Z10 being paired via BT to my laptop. But still, no sound alerts at all still for email or even calls despite having the normal sound profile set. Am I losing my mind?

EDIT 3: Ok, had to do a battery pull and when it came back, all was well. Wow. What the ****? Did the BT connection create some issues? Seemed to be creating some confusion to the sound profile.
    I am getting the same problem. Trying to narrow down what is causing it. Either something with BT, or bedside mode. Those are the only two things that have been used since. If I shut it off and restart it, (no battery pull) It works fine. Must be a glitch in the software
    02-11-13 07:42 AM
    I am getting the same problem. Trying to narrow down what is causing it. Either something with BT, or bedside mode. Those are the only two things that have been used since. If I shut it off and restart it, (no battery pull) It works fine. Must be a glitch in the software
    Yeah, I had a recurrence this morning. It's either bedside mode or BT causing something to jam.
    02-11-13 09:00 AM
    had the same problem, especially when i am using a side loaded whatsapp, which really messes up with my Z10, had to pull off the battery and did a reboot then everything is back to normal.

to change the email notification, go to settings-notifications-messages, wired why email is classified under messages...but ok

btw my alarm didn't go off this morning under bedside mode, luckily i woke up only 20 minutes after the alarm time, but Z10 would you please stop acting up, BB really needs to fix all those annoying bugs on the OS
    02-16-13 06:43 PM
    Having same problem, missing notifications for emails starting since yesterday. Funny thing though, last night in bedside mode...woke up this morning, checked the clock to see the time, and amazingly, clock said 2:09AM. Well, it was really 7:30AM. And now today, no email notifications though all other notifies seem ok. Battery pull didn't help.
    02-19-13 10:32 AM
    Sorry to dig up this old (-ish) thread, but do the problems with sound notifications still persist even after the latest OS update? Does anyone know if this will be fixed in future updates (hopefully not-so-distant future)?
    03-18-13 12:02 PM
    Have you ever had this work? I want to have no email sounds except for my wife, but when I do set a sound in contacts it doesn't work. Is this because I have email sounds turned off? On my old Blackberry the personal sound would override the no sound for emails setting.

Thanks
    04-03-13 09:24 AM
    It's probably because the email sounds are turned off. Perhaps try recording a blank sound clip and set that ad your email tone and then give your wife her personalized tone?

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    04-03-13 04:14 PM