So most, if not all, of us have seen or read Kevin's comments during his World Tour, which he so aptly summarized as "Apple hates you."

We also know that US carriers are messin' with us by being difficult and claiming carrier testing, even though there are many examples out there of Z10s working on their network.

Now, I read this:
    "Verizon said last week it would charge $200 for the new BlackBerry when it arrived in the United States, with customers having to accept a two-year contract." (Lackluster Start for BlackBerry's New Phone in Canada - NYTimes.com)

Taking a look on the Verizon site, that's the same price as the current iPhone 5. There are cheaper Droids and all the Windows Phones are cheaper, as well; only the Droid Maxx HD is more expensive. So while Canadian carriers are at least pricing the Z10 at something reasonable and differentiated, Verizon could care less. Way to lay with the devil's fruit....thanks Big Red.

And we all know AT&T never put BB as a priority.

...this is when I miss being in Canada... (but then I remember about all those dang taxes.)
    austriker likes this.
    02-06-13 12:11 AM
    they made the torch a priority. had a pretty decent launch campaign for it, if I recall correctly!
    02-06-13 12:23 AM
    At my Verizon almost all the Windows and droid higher end phones started out at $199 or higher at launch, then came down, just as the Z10 will do. Besides, Verizon is almost having to give Windows phones away just to move them.
    02-06-13 12:38 AM
    199 has been the standard price for years for 2 year contract. I could say canadian carriers are screwing their customers more because they give you a slightly cheaper price but you are locked in for 3 long years
    anon(757282) and Alex_Hong like this.
    02-06-13 12:43 AM
    199 has been the standard price for years for 2 year contract. I could say canadian carriers are screwing their customers more because they give you a slightly cheaper price but you are locked in for 3 long years
    I do agree that CDN carriers are screwing us in the long-term, but still smaller upfront capex and less than the iPhone 5 if you trade-in.

The last big VZW/BB push I remember was the Tour....but then again, I had taken a hiatus from the US mobile market until 4 months ago, so can't say I've stayed totally up to speed.
    02-06-13 12:49 AM
    You act like this is a surprise. We were told what the price was going to be and so on so forth. Yes I wish it was cheaper for the same reasons not for money, but it's something we have to live with now. We know what prices all the competitors are.
    02-06-13 02:37 AM
    Oh man those three contracts up north though would really hurt. And let's not forget 200 is definitely cheaper than the full phone value which we aren't used to seeing because of subsidies
    02-06-13 02:51 AM
    Well both Canada and US are still lucky, you get to pay a contract which covers your monthly mobile costs and you get the device for a cheaper price. But in the Middle East where I live you pay the device full price, and then you have to pay your monthly mobile costs too. Even if the device was locked you pay the full price.
    02-06-13 03:58 AM
    Where in the Mid East? I'm working out of Lebanon at the moment, and the monthly mobile rates are pretty much robbery. Not to mention, I just found out that they brought in a limited supply on z10's at a couple of stores and from what I hear they were going for 1200$ to 1300$. Plus you dont know what original part the "stores" take and replace it with a fake counterpart. When I bought my 9900, I found out later it was a fake battery :S.
    Im sure the GCC countries have restrictions that protect the customers. I know UAE does =)
    02-06-13 05:25 AM
    Where in the Mid East? I'm working out of Lebanon at the moment, and the monthly mobile rates are pretty much robbery. Not to mention, I just found out that they brought in a limited supply on z10's at a couple of stores and from what I hear they were going for 1200$ to 1300$. Plus you dont know what original part the "stores" take and replace it with a fake counterpart. When I bought my 9900, I found out later it was a fake battery :S.
    Im sure the GCC countries have restrictions that protect the customers. I know UAE does =)
    It's the same everywhere across the Middle East. As long as we have no official BlackBerry Repair centers expect to get fake parts when you go for a repair but get billed for the price of OEM ones. I live in Qatar, but Egyptian. So at both Qatar and Egypt. You pay the device full price, except in Egypt you also add the customs cost to it. Then you still need to pay your carrier monthly for the data, voice plans, etc.

I understand that being on contract can be annoying sometimes as you cannot change anything easily. But it saves you money!
    02-06-13 05:34 AM
    Not as much worried about the price because that is pretty standard....more worried about launch. I left VZW because of the antiBB attitude I got when I originally asked if they were getting the Torch. Moved to AT&T to get the Torch (but still got an attitude from a rep). At this point I have no allegiance to either carrier and will go with whomever comes out with the Z10 first and spends effort on marketing.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    02-06-13 05:42 AM
    Yeah I guess you're right. But as for fake parts, I wouldnt be surprised if it was during a "repair", but I got the fake battery when I was buying my 9900(brand new).

And eephus, Im also not understanding the negative attitude towards BlackBerry either. It seems like they go out of their way to discredit BlackBerry every chance they get.
    02-06-13 05:52 AM
    So most, if not all, of us have seen or read Kevin's comments during his World Tour, which he so aptly summarized as "Apple hates you."

We also know that US carriers are messin' with us by being difficult and claiming carrier testing, even though there are many examples out there of Z10s working on their network.

Now, I read this:
    "Verizon said last week it would charge $200 for the new BlackBerry when it arrived in the United States, with customers having to accept a two-year contract." (Lackluster Start for BlackBerry's New Phone in Canada - NYTimes.com)

Taking a look on the Verizon site, that's the same price as the current iPhone 5. There are cheaper Droids and all the Windows Phones are cheaper, as well; only the Droid Maxx HD is more expensive. So while Canadian carriers are at least pricing the Z10 at something reasonable and differentiated, Verizon could care less. Way to lay with the devil's fruit....thanks Big Red.

And we all know AT&T never put BB as a priority.

...this is when I miss being in Canada... (but then I remember about all those dang taxes.)
    While i agree, the networks are washing apple's toes..., you can not say at&t never cared about blackberry.. why? because up unto the blackberry bold, at&t mustly got all the exclusives, minus the storm and storm2, and they had the largest variety of them...
    02-06-13 07:42 AM
    Yeah I guess you're right. But as for fake parts, I wouldnt be surprised if it was during a "repair", but I got the fake battery when I was buying my 9900(brand new).

And eephus, Im also not understanding the negative attitude towards BlackBerry either. It seems like they go out of their way to discredit BlackBerry every chance they get.
    I am sure things is going to change after BB10 sells good.
    02-06-13 08:51 AM