Ok, so I pickup my Z10 this morning! Yeahhh! I was the first one too to my surprise!

Anyway, I got the phone and my LTE MicroSIM card and away I went. I started to use the phone only (no SIM) and made sure all was working ok. Transfered my Old BB with BB Link and WOW! all was transferred with no issues!! I was really happy to see that the Password Keeper transfeered all the info as well!!

So by the end of the day, I slipped my new LTE MicroSIM in and made the change online for the new SIM. Up to there, all is well.

I received a TXT saying "Please stand by as we initiate your Blackberry Service. This could take up to 5 mins". OK, nothing seemed to have change for me, so I guess it was a systems or network thing.

So now I have had the phone working with the SIM and sending emails, TXT. No calls as I was not answering anyway as I was busy. Now I come to realize, that I see the 4G in the upper right corner, but I have not seen LTE at any time, AT ALL!!! I had to go out this evening and I did not see it at anytime either.

So now I am wondering, am i getting the service?? I am in the coverage area of a big Canadian City!

Any thoughts, your help and advice would be very helpful...if not I will return the unit for another if it is defective
    Last edited by pepe68; 02-06-13 at 12:08 PM.
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-06-13 12:11 AM
    Does your plan have LTE or do all Fido plans include it?
    02-06-13 12:48 AM
    I would call fido. they are notorious for not activating services until you call in and complain. I'm getting my phone tmrw, hope I don't have the same issue.
    02-06-13 01:01 AM
    i agree, call fido and complain.

also, do a speedtest; maybe you'll get LTE speeds without it saying LTE
    "What kind of speeds can I expect with LTE?
    LTE is the fastest wireless network technology on the planet. Fido LTE devices are capable of maximum theoretical download speeds of up to 100 Mbps on the Fido LTE network.1 Typical download speeds range from 12 Mbps to 25 Mbps, or even up to 40 Mbps for select devices —comparable to wired internet connectivity at home or the office and significantly faster than any Canadian 4G HSPA+ wireless network.
    As device selection evolves, you will be able to take advantage of the full potential of the Fido LTE network and maximum theoretical speeds will increase to up to 150 Mbps."
    LTE | Coverage and Roaming | Get Support | Fido.ca
    02-06-13 01:13 AM
    I would call fido. they are notorious for not activating services until you call in and complain. I'm getting my phone tmrw, hope I don't have the same issue.
    Ok, Spoke to Fido and he reset the my profile on the network just in case, but it was LTE on my profile before.

After a complete reboot, I saw LTE for about 30 Secs and then goes to 4G and remains there. We checked the APN and all other settings on the phone and they were ok.

In order to make sure, I did the old fashion pull the battery to reset the phone, just in case...it might work! The results are the same as before. However, after 10-15 minutes, I saw the LTE come one and disappear after a minute. So I am wondering if my location as a black hole or something....we will see.

The Fido CSR has documented it to my profile and suggested that I return to the store and exchange it immediately. At the same time, since I will be in a different area, I'll check to see if the location is the issue. Then we'll know for sure.

I'll report back later...
    02-06-13 12:06 PM
    Yippee! I'm in the same boat as you. Only shows as 4g. Apparently, my gfs coworker had the same issue when she got her new droid on fido - 4g only no lte. From what she told me, she had to call in multiple times before it was fixed...........
    02-07-13 06:10 AM
    i must live in the same hole too. came to work and surprise, LTE is working. so i dunno what happened there.
    02-07-13 03:12 PM
    Alright folks,

So I will try to keep this short. I can only say that after spending 5 hours to try to solve this issue, what a disappointment!

So as I originally mentioned above, I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Technical Support from Fido to resolve the issue as if it was going to simply be a network issue, profile issue, etc. They reported seeing the location of the phone and that their was 100% LTE service. However, I do live in a Condo and I understand that the phone may go to 4G. It did toggle from 4G to LTE. But as soon as I go outside, LTE stays on, no question!! After this time with Fido: NO SUCCESS. Fido said to go back to the store and possibly exchange the device.

I arrived at the store parking lot and tested the phone again using Speedtest.net as the LTE was lit up. After 4-5 tries, the speed was averaging 5mbps, it never went above 5.1!!:-(

So I explained the everything to the store clerk and manager, extremely helpfull by the way, and we did the speedtest again and came to the same conclusion.

So here are things we did to try to fix the issue:

- Change the MicroSIM for a new one, same results.
    - Tried a brand new phone, same results.
    - Took the MicroSIM and inserted it to a Samsung SIII, BOOM!!! 25mps, 32mbps, 38mbps all at the same location at the counter in a massive mall!!!!!!!!!
    - Put the MicroSIM back on the Z10 and we're back to the same results! No love!!! S***!!
    - Now the clerk and the manager went an extra mile...they went to the Rogers Store, got a brand new phone and popped the MicroSIM in and the same results!!! NO LOVE!
    - Then we got on the phone with Tech Support and for 2 hours mostly waiting to get help, the person at the other end came back and said that FIDO was unable to reach BB for support on the matter!
    - So not wanting to take the risk of having to keep that phone and still have the lack of performance, I ended up refunding the phone! I was so pissed off to say the least!!!!

I WILL SAY THIS SO THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDING HERE: THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS OR ISSUES WITH THE PHONE OR THE OS!!!!!

I was so disappointed as I was loving the BB Z10 experience!

So if there anyone else out there with the Z10 & Fido, please check to see the performance of the LTE service. In my opinion, the service should not be giving you anything less than 10mbps in the large city areas!

I am hopeing to hear some news from FIDO & Blackberry that the issues have been fixed so I can go back and buy the Z10 as this is the device that I want.

In the meantime, i bought the SIII, I couldn't resist as it is great device as well!!

I do want my BB Z10 baby!

I hope to get some good news soon!

Sond off on your experiences please!!

Cheers!
    02-07-13 05:58 PM
    I've never had a LTE phone with Fido before this one, but it worked out of the box for me.
    02-07-13 06:06 PM
    I've never had a LTE phone with Fido before this one, but it worked out of the box for me.
    Check the speeds of the LTE and let me know what the results are on at least 3 attempts please.

thanks
    02-07-13 06:08 PM
    The store clerk told me that if I go further down southwest that I won't get the coverage. That the coverage would be more in downtown. I live in Montreal. You should go to a clerk and they might be able to tell you where the coverage is.
    02-07-13 06:15 PM
    I'm kind of on the edge of LTE coverage, but here it is:

First
    Second
    Third

My Wi-Fi is funky depending on which room of the house I'm in, that might be another thing to consider.
    Last edited by thurask; 02-07-13 at 06:36 PM.
    02-07-13 06:19 PM
    Not sure how to explain this. But I do get LTE Fido when the Wi-Fi is turned off. When Wi-Fi is turned on the the LTE symbol dissappears. I can toggle back and forth and it is consistently turns the LTE indicator off and on. I'm wondering if the Wi-Fi signal indicator simply overrides the LTE indicator symbol, yet still have LTE available.
    Last edited by BB_Phoenix; 02-07-13 at 07:23 PM.
    02-07-13 07:06 PM
    This is now a known issue at Blackberry. I have the same issue on 2 Z10's on Koodo. Changed phones - no difference. I do get 4G LTE sometimes, but mostly 3G. It won't even fail over to 4G HSPA. According to support @ Koodo. Blackberry is aware and will issue a maintenance release to address the issue.

The interesting part is that when I have any bars on 4G LTE, I get a solid 25 download and a good 5-6 mb upload

See my thread about this here -

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-lame-768145/
    02-07-13 08:17 PM
    This is now a known issue at Blackberry. I have the same issue on 2 Z10's on Koodo. Changed phones - no difference. I do get 4G LTE sometimes, but mostly 3G. It won't even fail over to 4G HSPA. According to support @ Koodo. Blackberry is aware and will issue a maintenance release to address the issue.

The interesting part is that when I have any bars on 4G LTE, I get a solid 25 download and a good 5-6 mb upload

See my thread about this here -

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-lame-768145/
    How are you measuring your speed?
    02-07-13 10:05 PM
    Not sure how to explain this. But I do get LTE Fido when the Wi-Fi is turned off. When Wi-Fi is turned on the the LTE symbol dissappears. I can toggle back and forth and it is consistently turns the LTE indicator off and on. I'm wondering if the Wi-Fi signal indicator simply overrides the LTE indicator symbol, yet still have LTE available.
    BB_Phoenix,

I hear what your saying. I would recommend that you verify the LTE speed. In a browser, go to speedtest.net and do the test 4-5 times and measure the average speed to see if you are actually getting LTE speeds when your Wi-Fi is off.

Please post back your findings.

Thanks
    02-08-13 01:10 AM
    I'm kind of on the edge of LTE coverage, but here it is:

First
    Second
    Third

My Wi-Fi is funky depending on which room of the house I'm in, that might be another thing to consider.
    Wow, that's more like it!!! Geez! Not sure what to say!

Thanks thurask!!!

Anyone else can provide some pics of their speed?

Cheers!
    02-08-13 03:02 AM
    I'm on Fido in Victoria BC. Toggling wifi on/off consistently makes the LTE indicator disappear/appear on my Z10 as well. But it seems to be more than just a symbol override. I'm testing download speeds using testmy.net. When wifi is toggled off, LTE symbol comes on and the test result says "Rogers Wireless". When wifi is toggled on, LTE symbol disappears and the test result says "Shaw Communications" (my home internet provider). The Rogers Wireless LTE download speeds seem to average 13 - 14 Mbps, which is within low end of range claimed by Fido here: LTE | Coverage and Roaming | Get Support | Fido.ca.
    02-08-13 03:11 AM
    I have yet to see LTE once on my Fido z10, just 4G. However to be fair I haven't called tech services about it. I have been too busy exploring my awesome z10. If anyone figures it out please post your solution

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 06:06 PM
    I get LTE w/ Fido. Using speed test I do get around 15 Mbps.

Edit: I do have a Z10.
    02-08-13 09:36 PM
    Ok so I have the same issues. And on top of it bbm keeps going on and off. I'm very disappointed with my z10.
    Half of the times bbm won't go through. Calls won't go either. here are a few bugs on the Os. It takes a few times before I get the dialer. And I keep touching it . I'm still optimistic. But disappointed must admit. It's PB all over again. Even text messages have a hard time going trough. So I called fido and they said could be my sim card. Sometimes I wanna throw it away and grab my torch.
    I'm not even going to talk about battery life. I do get lte but most of times I'm in 4g.
    It sucks cuz bbm isn't reliable as it use to be.

Does anyone know how bbm works now. It's not anymore bis.
    02-08-13 10:11 PM
    Make sure LTE is not disabled in the settings! Haha
    02-08-13 10:22 PM
    I get around 15Mbps too (when I'm actually on lte). for some reason in my room I can only get 4g, which is fine because id be using the wifi anyways. just kind of odd.
    02-08-13 10:33 PM
    LTE is obviously going to turn off when wifi is on. Wifi overrides your provider connection! It is supposed to work like that!
    02-08-13 10:35 PM
    LTE is obviously going to turn off when wifi is on. Wifi overrides your provider connection! It is supposed to work like that!
    Doesn't earlier BBOS allow user to set preferences around this e.g on my old 8520: manage connections-->mobile network options-->connection preference--> mobile network preferred?
    02-08-13 11:03 PM
52 123