I loved blackberry traffic. Had anyone found it for the Z10?
    02-05-13 10:46 PM
    Good news! navigation is now in maps
    02-05-13 10:57 PM
    Scratch that...it's a GPS that gives directions but doesn't provide realistic travel times based on "traffic". Anyone know if this is in the works? I really loved that app.
    02-06-13 10:14 PM
    There's an option to show/hide traffic, but I didn't notice any thing show up when I used it for navigation, and I don't know what it does. But then I also didn't have any traffic problems. Lol
    02-07-13 03:39 AM
    I used the maps yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The turn by turn was a good feature and the voice was present (ok voice, not great) I'm going to test how effective traffic info is.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 05:11 AM
    Its a good app but in the UK a traffic circle is a roundabout and when you get off the traffic circle you would expect to here "take the 3rd exit" rather than leave on "road name".

Oh and I cant get the dam thing to work in landscape. Mix of American/Canadian/British voice is a bit off putting sometimes. Apart from that Im able to get from A-B.
    02-07-13 06:21 AM
    I loved BB traffic as well, was dissappointed to not find is too
    02-07-13 06:37 AM
    Maps on my Z10 is greyed out!!! anyone know what happened or what I should do?
    02-22-13 08:07 AM
    Do a reset and all should be good.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:12 AM
    Do a reset and all should be good.

Posted via CB10
    Hard reset? I don't want to wipe it. Sorry if the questions are lame, I'm a bit of a neophyte.
    02-22-13 08:18 AM
    Hard reset? I don't want to wipe it. Sorry if the questions are lame, I'm a bit of a neophyte.
    No worries. Hold power button, then press bottom right icon ( reset) it's a soft reset.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:22 AM
    hmmmm, still greyed out. Does the Maps app have anything to do with the Compass app. Oh I just noticed my Facebook app is greyed out also.
    02-22-13 09:30 AM
    Still hoping for the release of BlackBerry Traffic, or at least integrating its features into BlackBerry maps.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    02-22-13 09:46 AM
    hmmmm, still greyed out. Does the Maps app have anything to do with the Compass app. Oh I just noticed my Facebook app is greyed out also.
    No idea, sorry. It shouldn't have anything to do with the compass app.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:15 AM
    I thought that BB had partnership with Tom Tom ?? where is it?
    02-22-13 11:08 AM
    I bought an N4 recently, and this is the one application I miss very dearly. In my opinion, nothing out there comes close to BB Traffic for actual traffic routing. Google maps is a joke for finding the fastest route based on real-time traffic conditions, it sure is pretty though. Waze is a bit better, but still not as good at BB Traffic. BB Traffic would always find service roads off the highway, and other roads you would never think of that actually shortened my commute, and it would let me know by how much as well because it also showed the time for the direct route. No other app I've tried comes close to doing this, with such elegant simplicity. Luckily, BB Traffic has taught me quite a few good routes over the past few years of using it.
    JasW and David in Durham like this.
    02-22-13 02:02 PM
    i was told by BlackBerry customer service that BB traffic,travel and Music are not heading to bb10. I was so pissed because i loved BBmm it was by far my most used app!!!!!!!!!! I dont understand if i can find the reply from them ill come back and post it.
    02-22-13 02:11 PM
    BB Traffic is a must-have app for me. Now that I have a Z10, I'm using the native BB Maps program with turn-by-turn navigation--and it's great! It's more intuitive, fluid, and user friendly than Traffic EVER was. I'm sure some would prefer 3D maps, but I appreciate the battery-sensitive approach to the new version.
    02-22-13 09:55 PM
    BB Traffic is a must-have app for me. Now that I have a Z10, I'm using the native BB Maps program with turn-by-turn navigation--and it's great! It's more intuitive, fluid, and user friendly than Traffic EVER was. I'm sure some would prefer 3D maps, but I appreciate the battery-sensitive approach to the new version.
    Does the Maps application save maps on your phone and use the saved info for the turn by turn? or is it always using data?
    02-23-13 01:25 AM
    Does the Maps application save maps on your phone and use the saved info for the turn by turn? or is it always using data?
    Same question here

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:41 AM
    I believe it is data only. I have done the same trip and was testing the traffic correctness. It seems to have reloaded new info each time. I haven't tried without live traffic. I don't believe it is a large amount of data transferred though.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:36 AM
    You're talking about using BB Traffic strictly for navigation. There are a lot of us who use it on a daily basis during our commutes to suss out the quickest way home and where the traffic jams are and aren't. BB Traffic always gives you two options -- the direct route and the less traffic (and often quicker) route. Does Maps do that on the Z10? Does it have BB Traffic's simple graphic showing you on a bar where the most traffic will be on the route will be? I rely on these things daily -- and if they're gone, I may well be, too.
    fanatical and DJjjg like this.
    02-27-13 01:24 PM
    You're talking about using BB Traffic strictly for navigation. There are a lot of us who use it on a daily basis during our commutes to suss out the quickest way home and where the traffic jams are and aren't. BB Traffic always gives you two options -- the direct route and the less traffic (and often quicker) route. Does Maps do that on the Z10? Does it have BB Traffic's simple graphic showing you on a bar where the most traffic will be on the route will be? I rely on these things daily -- and if they're gone, I may well be, too.
    Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. A lot of people don't understand this distinction. JasW, the problem is I've already left, and there is nothing on Android that comes close to BB traffic, so I'm not sure what your options are.
    fanatical and DJjjg like this.
    02-27-13 01:33 PM
    Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. A lot of people don't understand this distinction. JasW, the problem is I've already left, and there is nothing on Android that comes close to BB traffic, so I'm not sure what your options are.
    It's on the top line of Frequent apps on my 9810, along with Messages, Text Messages, and Music. After that is the Browser, BeWeather, Twitter, and Facebook. So BB Traffic is really the only thing tethering me to the BB at this point. I tell friends with Androids and iPhones about it, and they are amazed -- because, as you say at least with respect to Android, there is nothing that comes close. Stupid BBRY!
    fanatical and bmwbarrister like this.
    02-27-13 02:20 PM
    I as well would love to have BB Traffic on my Z10. Not only was it perfect for calculating how long your drive would be but also point out the sections of the commute that would be congested and you could make different choices based on that.
    Or if they integrated it into the maps that would be awesome
    Icarus3000 and fanatical like this.
    02-27-13 02:27 PM
93 123 ...