After visiting Futureshop (2x), Best buy, Wal-Mart, and two bell stores, a telus store, as well as calling Bell directly, I have been told that I cannot buy the Z10 without new account. I am five months into my 9900 contract and want to buy a new Z10 however because I have no room to extend my contract, Bell customer service rep told me that I would be unable to buy the phone 'any time soon' outright.

I get that they want to sign up new accounts, but not allowing existing users who are mid-contract to buy the phone at a unsubsidised price seems a ridiculous.

Anyone else run into this?
    02-05-13 06:56 PM
    where do you live? i just bought my Z10 from telus no contract. cost 650$. Im from vancouver.

First impressions, this phone feels absolutely amazing in your hand. Only thing that comes close is the iphone5
    02-05-13 06:59 PM
    I've run into this with other phones too in the past. Seems like a lot of stores are really clamping down on their policy of letting people buy phones outright. Two years ago I wanted to buy a 9360 off contract and nobody would sell me one.

Back in the day when I worked at BestBuy I'd sell phones all the time without contracts because I personally didn't care about the coffers of the providers. Now it seems like all you can do is hope that you know someone who can help you out. If you live in Vancouver, I know a Bell store that would probably be willing to help you out.
    02-05-13 07:00 PM
    Please feel free to add to the discussion in the existing thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...enewal-767890/

Thank you.
    02-05-13 07:01 PM