I was very happy to purchase a 64GB Playbook. I now have a 16 GB and a 64GB.........

Can I use my same Blackberry ID to register ? Can I have the same id on both tablets? The one most important feature to me, is the "video chat", which I use constantly to keep in touch with my family...

Please advise

Ron
    02-05-13 05:54 PM
    You can have 1 id, however they will not be able to video chat with eachother if you go that route.
    02-05-13 05:58 PM
    Not even using the pin? That's odd...
    02-05-13 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply
    If I go the same id, will I have the ability to use or re-install, the same paid apps on my 16 GB on to my 64GB ? Or do I have to purchase again?

Is there an advantage in having two Blackberry id's ?

Ron
    02-05-13 06:07 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply
    If I go the same id, will I have the ability to use or re-install, the same paid apps on my 16 GB on to my 64GB ? Or do I have to purchase again?

Is there an advantage in having two Blackberry id's ?

Ron
    I believe that you can re-install the same paid apps for free if you use the same id. Maybe somebody else can confirm?
    02-05-13 06:19 PM
    I have 2 playbooks on the same id# and apps show up on both. You do not need to buy twice.
    02-05-13 06:25 PM
    Just to confirm...

If I use the same id, I would not be able to video chat with the other playbook.

What happens when I get a video chat, can I use both units to answer, my wife on one playbook and me on the other ?
    02-05-13 06:37 PM
    Just to confirm...

If I use the same id, I would not be able to video chat with the other playbook.

What happens when I get a video chat, can I use both units to answer, my wife on one playbook and me on the other ?
    No video chat between the 2. When somebody calls, both will ring. Only the 1 that answers can chat.
    02-05-13 07:02 PM
    I have 3BB and couldn't backup without seperate BB ID's for each of them.
    02-05-13 08:01 PM
    I have two BB PB's and both have the same BB I'd number and one you buy one app you only pay once. Just go BB World and find the app and load it again.

Good to go. I love both my 16 gig PB's.

Be Bold Go BlackBerry 100%
    02-05-13 09:27 PM
    Someone posted in another thread that you can't video chat to another PB with the same ID on the same wifi network but if you are on seperate wifi/internet networks then you can use the PINs to video chat.

There was another post where someone asked about multiple units, sorry don't have a link to the thread or confirmation of the above.
    02-05-13 09:49 PM
    I have 3BB and couldn't backup without seperate BB ID's for each of them.
    I assume from your statement that the BB desktop software on one computer won't recognize these as three separate units? Wonder what would happen if you had three users, each with his/her own account,on one computer each with a BBPB whether or not they had the same user ID.
    02-05-13 11:34 PM
    ylsf
    The thread title is:
    I have 2 PlayBook do I have to pay twice for the same applies?
    02-05-13 11:45 PM
    Someone posted in another thread that you can't video chat to another PB with the same ID on the same wifi network but if you are on seperate wifi/internet networks then you can use the PINs to video chat.
    I've tried this before, I brought my other PB to another state while the other PB was left at home to see if I can use PB video chat using the same BB ID... results → it cost me around US$100 to find out that it does not... and I'm sure it will still have the same results even I add another US$100...
    02-06-13 12:29 AM
    Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow

Install on both pb's with two seperate id's
    Sorted. :-)
    02-06-13 12:53 PM
    I've tried this before, I brought my other PB to another state while the other PB was left at home to see if I can use PB video chat using the same BB ID... results → it cost me around US$100 to find out that it does not... and I'm sure it will still have the same results even I add another US$100...
    Heh-heh... I proved the same thing by going next door and asking my neighbour if I could connect one PB to his WiFi network. And then attempting to Video Chat to the PB in my house.

Same conclusion as you - even though my way was cheaper - Video chat does not work UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES between PBs with the same BBID.

I reckon I've posted this same conclusion 3 or 4 times now... and still the myth about it working on different WiFi networks persists.

OP: If as you say Video Chat is of most importance to you, then register your PBs with DIFFERENT BBIDs.
    02-06-13 01:53 PM
    Thanks for all info
    02-09-13 03:28 PM