Hi,
    Anyone got any news as to whether Kobo is coming to BB10. I use this often and it would be great if it was
    02-05-13 04:58 PM
    I use that on my PlayBook occasionally. It'd be great to have it on BB10, with fixes included.
    02-05-13 05:15 PM
    I have an Android version that I side loaded on my Playbook. Worked better than the native Playbook app. Side loaded it onto my Z10 and it is downloading my books. So far so good.
    02-05-13 10:32 PM
    Slacker, kobo, zinio, 7 digital are all places where I have put my $$$, and there seems to be no way to recoup those expenses with my brand new z10...
    02-06-13 01:51 PM
    We will just have to hope it does well enough for them to write a new version
    02-06-13 02:35 PM
    Just spoke with Kobo support, they are currently not developing an app for BB10, and have no specific time scale for if & when it will arrive.
    Then again, the person in support had no idea what a Z10 was, so who knows...
    02-12-13 10:43 AM
    Really hope to see Kobo and Kindle soon. Both are suppose to be coming. I thought Kobo would be in the app store at launch for sure as the have a decent Playbook app.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 12:13 PM
    Let me know if anyone needs or wants the Android bars that I have that work on mt Z10 for the Kindle or Kobo. Both work great for reading and syncing bookmarks.
    02-12-13 03:12 PM
    See my post above...the Kobo Reader HTML5 browser version works really well. Even downloads your books for off-line reading. Then use the cool "add to home screen" option on the BB10 browser and you have a nice app icon to launch from on your device.
    Jr_660 and imz like this.
    02-12-13 03:21 PM
    Yeah, I can't wait to see a Kobo app on BB10. Especially cause my PlayBook introduced me to the thing in the first place.
    Jr_660 and tinker2000 like this.
    02-12-13 06:36 PM
    Slacker, kobo, zinio, 7 digital are all places where I have put my $$$, and there seems to be no way to recoup those expenses with my brand new z10...
    I recall that 7digital is powering the music section of BB world so I am doubtful there will be a separate app.
    02-12-13 10:25 PM
    See my post above...the Kobo Reader HTML5 browser version works really well. Even downloads your books for off-line reading. Then use the cool "add to home screen" option on the BB10 browser and you have a nice app icon to launch from on your device.
    Thanks for the tip! I like the Kobo app on the Playbook and used it a few times on my old Torch when I was in the middle of an interesting book I couldn't get away from but had to... I was hoping it would make it to the Z10. This will be a good stop-gap I think.

A lot of companies have adopted a "wait & see" attitude it seems, not only for Apps but also for acessories. Hopefully the Z10 will do well when it lauch in the USA, that might tip the scale for a lot of companies...
    02-13-13 09:46 AM
    Here is a link to the side loading forum where I posted a less buggy but older version of Kobo.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=766594

02-16-13 08:11 PM
    See page 23 from that link. Sorry but I am still trying to get used to posting in the CB10 app.

02-16-13 08:13 PM
    So, Slacker is there now, no worries there. It's missing a few features, though that might have as much to do with their general revamping as anything else. Beautiful BB10 native app.

Zinio is conspicuous in its absence. I actually really like Newsstand, and the display is so much better on the Z10 that it makes for easier reading, but I still have Zinio subscriptions so I'd like to know what's happening there, too.

Any music you've bought through 7digital is available as an unencrypted MP3. You can go to their website (7digital United Kingdom | High quality DRM-free MP3 music downloads), log in with the same account you would have used on your device, and all your purchases are available for download from there. I'll admit, this surprises me a bit, since they're still the music provider for the new BB World; I would have expected 7digital purchase history to appear automatically. All things considered, though, this seems pretty minor.
    02-16-13 08:26 PM
    It is surprising that Kobo do't have a BB10 app already, considering the Playbook had the Kobo app from day one. Suppose I will try the Android app. Zinio on the other hand almost had to be dragged kicking and screaming onto the Playbook, so I have no idea what the story is for BB10. They do support the iPhone and Android, yet don't list the Playbook on their site.
    02-17-13 02:57 AM
    Zinio is conspicuous in its absence. I actually really like Newsstand, and the display is so much better on the Z10 that it makes for easier reading, but I still have Zinio subscriptions so I'd like to know what's happening there, too.
    Here's hoping that Zinio's absence is due to them taking the time to ensure the reader mode from ios is included in this version, it would be very useful on the playbook but would seem like it would be vital on a z10.
    02-17-13 04:24 AM
    Kobo is going to miss the boat as we know Kindle is on the way. If Kindle gets there first they can win a lot of new subs.

02-17-13 07:04 AM
    See page 23 from that link. Sorry but I am still trying to get used to posting in the CB10 app.

Can you reupload this please?
    02-18-13 08:40 AM
    Can you reupload this please?
    First post at the link I provided has been updated with the current download for this older version of Kobo.

Here is the direct download http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/96/a4/6735/com.kobobooks.android_v1.0.269.0.bar
    02-18-13 10:18 PM
    Something weird must have happened between RIM/BB and Zinio. Zinio barely supported the PlayBook (the app was frankly pretty bad...it even had the word "Android" scattered through the Help guide). Hopefully they'll develop an app for BB10, but I don't think it'll be arriving any time soon...
    02-18-13 11:48 PM
    What post?

04-01-13 05:35 PM
    @kobohelp - The Kobo App for BB devices remains part of the BB ecosystem. We are working to align with BB new gen of devices incl BB10
    04-01-13 05:41 PM