Hi all,

I've been an iOS user since the iPhone 3G and using MobileMe/iCloud for my email, calendar and contact syncing.

What is the best way to prepare for my move to BB10 once the Z10 is available in Australia?
    Amilio likes this.
    02-05-13 03:09 PM
    I've just added my icloud account and it added the contacts and email but not the calendar.
    02-05-13 04:26 PM
    ...i had an option to select calendar as well as contacts, and it brought them over - must say that i was panicked at first, going through BBLink and not seeing a way to sync there - turns out I'd also forgotten to plug in my BB back in to my Mac and it synced with iCloud over my wireless :s
    SDTRMG and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-05-13 07:19 PM
    So to confirm if you are an IOS user you can sync your BB10 phone to icloud calendar, contacts, and email?

How does it handle multiple calendars on the same email account?

Only asking because I plan to come back to BB when the Q10 comes out and would like to be able to keep icloud because of Mac and iPad
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-05-13 10:15 PM
    my contacts calendar and emails all synced. although i can only access my last 30 days of emails and am currently teying to figure it out
    02-06-13 02:18 PM
    my contacts calendar and emails all synced. although i can only access my last 30 days of emails and am currently teying to figure it out
    How has it been so far?

I'm mostly worried about how it will handle my calendar since I have 3 different calendars in my @me.com account that I use for work, personal, and school, but I guess I could just combine them into one calendar. Would prefer not to though haha. I remember spending literally hours trying to get my bold to sync properly with my gmail calendars and then trying to get rid of FB and birthdays...
    02-06-13 06:20 PM
    The calendar works well. I just did some test and i have different calendars. all my icloud ones showed up on the z10. when i added an event on the z10, it pushed it to my ical on my mac and visa-versa. I changed my default calendar to an icloud one as well. Still haven't figured out retrieving emails older than 30 days old though.
    02-06-13 07:27 PM
    The calendar works well. I just did some test and i have different calendars. all my icloud ones showed up on the z10. when i added an event on the z10, it pushed it to my ical on my mac and visa-versa. I changed my default calendar to an icloud one as well. Still haven't figured out retrieving emails older than 30 days old though.
    I'm just on Z10 tonight and I noticed this as well. I was VERY annoyed with several android devices including Optimus G specifically on this limitation. I've checked in Settings and also in Accounts. This seems to be a limitation as well with Exchange ActiveSync accounts as well.

however, if I recall correctly BBOS 7 or previous searching allowed for remote search on server. Yet BB10 does this differently. If you need to search for a title or filter by enter it. then select the contact that has the history of emails you're after THEN use "Activity" page ... or the last one it'll show older emails I believe; not confirmed yet.
    02-06-13 10:07 PM
    Oh man that does suck. Can anyone confirm how it handles searching for emails in your account that are older than 30 days?
    02-07-13 02:52 PM
    I tried again and while it gave me the option to add a calendar, when it tried to sync it came up with an error, saying it couldn't be synced at this time (this is what it did last time a few days ago).
    02-07-13 03:03 PM
    are you using your @icloud email or @me email. even though both worked for myself, i decided to use my @icloud instead of @me. In the descirption for my account information for my calendar the following settings are used.

Username: full email address
    Email Address: full email address

Server Address: caldav.icloud.com
    sync interval 30 minutes
    ovalfastlx likes this.
    02-08-13 12:31 PM
    Can you please explain a BB10 Newby the way to create an account on the Z10 to get the iCloud Calender synced with the BB10 calender as well as the contacts?

Thanks!
    02-16-13 04:28 AM
    Found out ...

Here the steps:

Either go to Calender and Contacts, wipe down the menu and select options. Use your icloud Email adress with a fake password.
    After receiving an error message due to the fake password select manual settings. Use the following server for:

Contacts: contacts.icloud.com
    Calendar: caldav.icloud.com

Select now you icloud password and the intervall for the syncronisation!

Every thing should be synced now on your new Z10
    02-16-13 05:05 AM
    Hello,

I tried to setup a new accour with either my icloud.com / me.com addresses and in both cases the email account was enabled but the contacts / and calendar were unavailable;
    message is " caldav.icloud.com and contacts.icloud.com are unavailable, try again later ";
    however the icloud servers are available as I can sync from other devices.

Does anyone found out how to manage this?

Thanks,
    Alex
    03-23-13 09:55 AM
    03-24-13 06:20 AM
    Once I integrate my calendar, how well will it function my calendar on my iPad? I share my iCalendar with a family member who is a full iPhone user, will we still be able to share once I'm on BB10?
    03-24-13 08:25 AM
    Once I integrate my calendar, how well will it function my calendar on my iPad? I share my iCalendar with a family member who is a full iPhone user, will we still be able to share once I'm on BB10?

You can have as many clients linked to the same calendar as you want. It's not either/or.
    shinerb likes this.
    03-24-13 08:29 AM
    Please tell me how you did it! I coming over from iOS and I have multiple calendars. My Q10 only sees one calendar and will not push items created on the BB.
    Cheers
    Stavros
    05-14-13 05:55 PM
    Hi,

can somebody confirm that the iCloud issue that came up with OS 10.1 was resolved with the 10.2 update?
    07-16-13 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD