Im trying to backup and restore my browser bookmarks. I have searched on Crackberry and cant seem to find an answer.
    I check the option in selective backup but when I go to restore the browser bookmark option is dimmed. At the bottom of the screen it states "Dimmed entries are read-only data types and cannot be restored"

Why does the DM allow me to select browser bookmarks to backup but wont let me restore them?
    what am I missing? does anyone know how to backup browser book marks and more importantly restore them?

Thanks
    02-05-13 11:05 AM
    Sounds like you're getting a corrupt backup. Do you have BB Protect installed? You can do it via that.
    02-05-13 11:16 AM
    Im on BES so I cant run bb protect. so its not installed.
    Using DM with my bb 9810.
    02-05-13 11:19 AM
    Must be restricted by your admin. I'd get in contact with them. Everything is constantly backed up in the BES system, so I wouldn't worry about losing anything.
    02-05-13 11:27 AM
    Problem is I'm trying to remove BES as we dumped our current bes and switched to Google servers. So now I have to find a way to removed be's from my phone (I think I can do this with bbsak ) or wipe my phone and start clean. But I need my bookmarks.
    02-05-13 12:11 PM
    IC

That is a bugaboo. You do need to do a selective backup. The admin should be able to provide you with a backup you can selectively restore from.

The IT policy itself is pretty easy. Open desktop, click the ? top right, choose factory reset. But get that backup from the admin first
    teamfoster03 likes this.
    02-05-13 12:48 PM