Can someone unlock their phone and throw a wind or mobilicity sim in there? I need to know before picking it up today.

Thank you!
    02-05-13 10:49 AM
    I also would like to know. There seem to be many models, but I don't know which one you get from which carrier.
    02-05-13 04:20 PM
    I bought one from Koodo and unlocked it. I put in a Mobilicity SIM and voice calls works but no data. The version that everyone is selling now is not compatible with Wind or Mobilicity. It has a tri-band HSPA+ radio.
    02-06-13 04:18 AM
    I bought a virgin blackberry outright and it had the hard-locked apn of "blackberry.net" it was greyed out and unchangable...
    After successfully unlocking it and putting a different sim card in it; you are able to edit the apn but after clicking save and going back in, you will see that it has reverted back to the carrier's apn.
    I tried this with a mobilicity sim card (YES, the Z10 is pentaband and will work on all carriers in canada including WIND and Mobilicity). When putting the Mobilicity sim card in, it automatically updates the apn to bb.davewireless.com and therefore your data doesnt work. I tried to change it to wap.mobilicity.com but after clicking save, it reverts. When a Virgin sim card is put back in, it will go back to the greyed out screen with blackberry.net. Trying a WIND sim in it, everything actually works... Data and all!

With experience using Virgin Mobile, Ive noticed that their phones are not branded. (eg. No carrier bloatware) which is why I was suprised to see a hard-locked apn. I was worried that it was the hardware but after testing several sims, Ive realized that the apn settings are all pushed from the carrier. So to all of you with Bell or Virgin blackberries, no need to worry... Its not the hardware with the problem.

Anyone that would like help unlocking their Blackberry Z10's for cheaper than most sites, feel free to PM me.

Ive attached an image showing that it does pick up and use the AWS (1700/2100) Frequencies
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 owners!!!! Is it pentaband?-img_00000004.jpg  
    Joanne17 and annobil like this.
    02-08-13 12:17 AM