02-04-13 12:54 PM
    Nothing.. Tom Tom is still there.
    02-04-13 01:08 PM
    tom tom still is the base for the maps, BB still has to build everything on top of that thouh.
    02-04-13 01:09 PM
    I think the better question would be what happened to Dash? RIM Confirms Dash Navigation Acquisition | CrackBerry.com
    02-04-13 01:12 PM
    Is this not being utilized for BB Navigation?
    02-05-13 12:04 PM
    Tom Tom ran off and eloped with Kim Kim. They moved to New York, NY. Settled down and had a child, John John.
    asherwiin and phylez like this.
    02-05-13 12:09 PM
    My guess is that the existing maps app is only a temporary one, and a new version with all the stuff they got is coming.
    02-05-13 12:23 PM
    Maps on the Z10 (UK) is powered by TomTom. I recently discovered Google Maps in the new browser and it's pretty filthy. You can 'add to home screen' too so you get an icon that launches it.
    02-05-13 12:36 PM
    Does anyone have an opinion on TCS for BB10 maps software? Was this a good choice? From reading about the company it seems like they have a reputation for reliability (911 cell calls) and many US government contracts which would align well with BlackBerry.

So for maps software is the general idea that TomTom is for raw data, the TCS is part of the software stack running the maps? How does this compare with Nokia's mapping solutions which I have read has been gaining traction in automotive lately? Is TCS a complete competitor to Nokia then or just one piece.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that its map, local search, location services and navigation application, along with software components, are included in the new BlackBerry� 10 platform.

The TCS-powered maps application ships with the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones and TCS' associated Application Program Interfaces (APIs) are also available for BlackBerry 10 developers. The mapping and navigation solution includes a series of planned updates and innovation to expand the feature set and to enhance the content and user experience.

BlackBerry 10 smartphone customers can easily search for and locate businesses, as well as points of interest.
    The feature-rich map and navigation solution includes maps, points of interest and traffic information.
    TCS' NAVBuilder� Inside software components are available through APIs as part of the Native SDK developer toolkit for BlackBerry 10, providing third-party developers with powerful, easy-to-use functions that incorporate maps and a range of location-aware content for their applications.

TCS | Investors |News Release
    02-09-13 12:22 PM
    Maps on the Z10 (UK) is powered by TomTom. I recently discovered Google Maps in the new browser and it's pretty filthy. You can 'add to home screen' too so you get an icon that launches it.
    Because you are British (or Scottish or welsh or irish) I don't know if you mean filth as good or filth as bad. Jeremy Clarkson always confuses me when he says it.
    02-09-13 02:11 PM
    Filthy gals
    02-09-13 02:23 PM