Hi guys
    I'm not saying these app are deal breakers in any way but has anyone heard from Zello (PTT) or KIK messenger? i think KIK is as good as whatsapp

keith

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 11:03 AM
    Kik can be sideloaded on the Playbook so give it a twirl for BB10. You can get it from the Android Sideloading Forums for the Playbook.
    02-04-13 11:37 AM
    Kik ANYTIME!
    I'm way too excited for Z10!
    02-04-13 11:53 AM
    I sideloaded Kik on my Z10 without issues.
    02-05-13 03:24 PM
    Link?? Anyone
    02-13-13 02:02 AM
    I have already contacted both developers last night, waiting for their response now.
    02-13-13 06:51 AM
    Hi,
    Im new to this, I just got my z10 today because it was time to upgrade but was disappointed to find no kik or whatsapp i use it to keep in touch with my international friends. I am rubbish at technology but tried to get advice by searching online- i managed to download the DDPB on my laptop but after connecting up my z10 to my laptop via usb and typing in the password and so on it said "connecting" forever, i re-tried again and again to no avail please help anyone? thank you!!!!
    02-23-13 04:24 PM
    Hi,
    Im new to this, I just got my z10 today because it was time to upgrade but was disappointed to find no kik or whatsapp i use it to keep in touch with my international friends. I am rubbish at technology but tried to get advice by searching online- i managed to download the DDPB on my laptop but after connecting up my z10 to my laptop via usb and typing in the password and so on it said "connecting" forever, i re-tried again and again to no avail please help anyone? thank you!!!!
    Hi. Did you happen to put the Z10 in development mode first? It's in settings, security, dev...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 04:36 PM
    yes ive done that, my java needed updating i believe...
    02-23-13 05:19 PM
    Hi,
    I cant speak for KIK but for WhatsApp it is announced it will come sometime in March and march isn't that far off so hopefully we'll get it soon and you can connect with your international friends once again with ease
    02-23-13 07:25 PM
    Isn't KIK still having legal issues with BlackBerry?
    02-23-13 07:35 PM
    Isn't KIK still having legal issues with BlackBerry?
    if you go to their website Kik Messenger | Fast, Simple, Personal Smartphone Messaging it states the following on the bottom of their page

"*IMPORTANT NOTE: RIM has not approved or endorsed Kik Messenger for installation on BlackBerry devices. RIM, BlackBerry, and BlackBerry design elements are trademarks of Research in Motion Ltd."

so I'm assuming so
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-23-13 08:01 PM
    Hey, thought I would post this response I received from Kik customer support after I inquired about Kik availability on BB10. I had already side loaded the Android version, which worked ok, however you had to have the app active to receive messages. Unfortunately, this plus other factors like horrible music syncing with my Macbook Air led me to return my Z10. Thought this might be helpful for you guys to see though.

Mark
    Subject: Support for Blackberry10
    FEB 20, 2013 | 04:13PM EST
    Charlotte replied:
    Hey Mark,

Thanks for your message! Sorry for the late reply. We're so happy to hear you like our app

We don't have any immediate plans to develop a version of Kik to run on BlackBerry 10 - but you never know what the future may hold!

Stay tuned to our blog (Blog | Kik Messenger), Twitter (@Kik), and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kikplaynice) for news of any updates to the Kik app.

Thanks!

The Kik team
    02-24-13 09:07 AM
    Hey, thought I would post this response I received from Kik customer support after I inquired about Kik availability on BB10. I had already side loaded the Android version, which worked ok, however you had to have the app active to receive messages. Unfortunately, this plus other factors like horrible music syncing with my Macbook Air led me to return my Z10. Thought this might be helpful for you guys to see though.

Mark
    Subject: Support for Blackberry10
    FEB 20, 2013 | 04:13PM EST
    Charlotte replied:
    Hey Mark,

Thanks for your message! Sorry for the late reply. We're so happy to hear you like our app

We don't have any immediate plans to develop a version of Kik to run on BlackBerry 10 - but you never know what the future may hold!

Stay tuned to our blog (Blog | Kik Messenger), Twitter (@Kik), and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kikplaynice) for news of any updates to the Kik app.

Thanks!

The Kik team
    I really doubt it will make it BB10, unless they suddenly say sorry to each other.
    02-24-13 09:09 AM
    I would like Kik too. Whatsapp is fine if you want to talk to other phones, but my kids are all on iPod touches, and whatsapp doesn't support* the touch, so they are all on kik.

*they did, then stopped, and now do again but it is kind of broken how it works because you need to use a cel number that can get text messages to sign up.
    03-14-13 09:52 AM
    HOW?!?! fdhjstrujtrujrtujyr
    08-05-13 04:47 PM