Not sure if anybody else has seen this issue. It has only happened once for me, but I thought I would put it out there.

I received my Z10 at the NYC fan event (Jan 30) and it works great. On Sunday I used BlackBerry Link to sync some music to the device and when I brought up the camera app to show off the Time Shift feature to fam, I got rainbow coloured horizontal lines running down the screen. I switched to forward facing and it worked fine. I closed out of it and re launched it... was still there. I did a soft restart and still there. Tried a good old battery pull and still the issue persisted. Frustrated, I took out the battery and left it while I had lunch (30 mins).

Luckily this time it was fine and has not had any issues since. Just want to see if anybody knows about the issue and if it's something I should be worried about.

Not sure if the BlackBerry Link syncing has anything to do with it, but besides that I wasn't using the Z10 any differently.

FreddyE
    02-04-13 10:49 AM
    Not sure if anybody else has seen this issue. It has only happened once for me, but I thought I would put it out there.

I received my Z10 at the NYC fan event (Jan 30) and it works great. On Sunday I used BlackBerry Link to sync some music to the device and when I brought up the camera app to show off the Time Shift feature to fam, I got rainbow coloured horizontal lines running down the screen. I switched to forward facing and it worked fine. I closed out of it and re launched it... was still there. I did a soft restart and still there. Tried a good old battery pull and still the issue persisted. Frustrated, I took out the battery and left it while I had lunch (30 mins).

Luckily this time it was fine and has not had any issues since. Just want to see if anybody knows about the issue and if it's something I should be worried about.

Not sure if the BlackBerry Link syncing has anything to do with it, but besides that I wasn't using the Z10 any differently.

FreddyE
    I had that with my PB. Very thin line and it only was there on video, rear camera at 480p.

Sent it in and it's fixed.
    02-04-13 11:01 AM
    Just happened again. This time I took a picture of it (screen capture doesn't work when in the camera app):
    Z10 rear facing camera showing rainbow horizontal lines (intermittent)-z10-camera-issue.jpg
    02-06-13 11:57 AM
    I have the same issue. Sometimes it will reset with a soft reboot, other times it needs to be shut off completely. Just another Z10 anomaly. I hope BB is working on it. Still waiting for my BBM to get fixed.
    03-05-13 11:56 AM
    Camera has failed altoghether now, just horizontal lines multi coloured. This phone is crap! Too many problems.
    03-05-13 02:59 PM
    Sent phone back to BB to fix the camera and got it back after 2 weeks. Worked for less than a day and took it back again. Will have to wait until it fails again for the third time before I can get a new phone.
    04-04-13 08:56 AM
    Had that problem once did a battery pull and never reappeared.
    04-04-13 09:57 AM
    Have the same rainbow lines, pulled battery, nothing, pulled battery and media card, started working again - failed after three or four uses, went back to rainbow lines. Now nothing, no battery pulls, reboots or anything seems to make a difference. Wish I could find an answer, this appears to be the only thread I can find on the issue.
    04-08-13 07:08 AM
    Had this issue too. Would switch between front facing camera and rear facing cam. Nothing I would do could fix it. Had tech support deem it as hardware failure and sent me a new one.

I would advise anyone with this issue to get it swapped out for a new one.
    04-08-13 09:46 AM

FreddyE
    Are you sure it's not oil on the lense? I get weird stiff like that sometimes but a couple of wipes with a microfiber lense cloth clears it up. I find that it's super easy to accidentally touch the lense when holding the phone and refraction of light through the oil causes a rainbow.

If that's not the issue, then it may be a software glitch.

If it's none of those and you're certain it's a hardware issue , then I'd exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:22 PM
    Same here. No BlackBerry support in Namibia, phone bought in Dubai. Rear Camera worked for two weeks then turned to rainbow striped screen. Help
    06-17-13 10:31 PM
    I had the same problem. First it happens to disappear after a restart or battery pull. Till a few days ago the camera didn't work anymore and I just get the rainbow screen. Today I deleted all apps who are connected to the camera I did a restart and the camera is working again. Perhaps a sofware related issue. I will let you know if this solves the issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:45 PM
    Yes im having the same problem im going to try what has been posted but this sucks big time. I just got this phone smh.
    07-29-13 12:12 PM
    No fix for this? Guess I have to return my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:56 PM
    I ended up getting a new phone and I wish I had my old phone. Same z10 just feels different. Smh I swear this phone is slower than my other one

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:35 PM
    I got the same rainbow lines. However, this is after my phone took a swim in a pool. Not sure if the problem will eventually go away as the phone dries up. The problem in my case is not intermittent.
    08-06-13 10:51 AM
    what kinds of app relate with the camera did you erased ?
    12-09-13 11:47 PM
    what kinds of app relate with the camera did you erased ?
    12-09-13 11:47 PM
    Mone just did it with the front camera, what do i do?
    05-25-14 12:17 AM
    Hardware issue! U need to replace ur cam!

Faced this with my q10

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    05-25-14 03:18 AM
    Mone just did it with the front camera, what do i do?
    Sometimes some Android apps can cause the camera to go haywire.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    05-25-14 09:26 AM
    hello ,
    i have the same problem with camera, i try all what i read on forums and nothing , i try even a hardware remplacement and nothing .the same problem .
    09-11-14 03:18 PM
    I literally just got my phone on sale and the camera has been having too many issues so I just deleted the screenshot App, restarted it and it's working fine now, hopefully it won't happen again.
    Also, the screen shot app used the down volume to take screen shots and then all of a sudden the down button wasn't working so I reverted to pressing both up and down for screen shots. I guess the screen shot app wasn't quite compatible with the phone causing software issues.
    09-15-14 06:45 AM

FreddyE
    This was very helpful my grandfather had the same problem and doing just this fixed t thank you.
    08-03-16 01:16 PM
    Restart the phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-14-16 05:57 AM