Seems as though there are no apps that you can put private photos and videos in on bb10, there are loads on ios and I am sure you will do very well if this is developed, so much so I even considered looking at doing it myself but I have no knowledge of how to do this.
    02-03-13 08:37 AM
    So basically, you want a photo & video app that is password protected?
    02-03-13 09:17 AM
    Yes basically, one that you can create folder etc but one that is protected in some way 'Lock Photo+Video Plus' on ios is very good. It would be ideal if it could save the photos and videos still on the sd card but not sure if this would be possible.
    02-03-13 10:09 AM
    This is possible ! I can mkae it too !
    02-03-13 02:35 PM
    Please make it and let me know when it is done, I and lots of other people I know would use this.
    02-03-13 03:29 PM
    Yes basically, one that you can create folder etc but one that is protected in some way 'Lock Photo+Video Plus' on ios is very good. It would be ideal if it could save the photos and videos still on the sd card but not sure if this would be possible.
    just store the pics on the sd card and then turn on encryption.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    02-03-13 03:47 PM
    I'd be interested to see a WebWorks implementation of this.
    02-03-13 06:24 PM
    I'd be interested to see a WebWorks implementation of this.
    Just save the photos with a custom (passwordprotected) extension, and use the Webworks Password Protect code for the passwords
    02-04-13 12:26 AM
    Just save the photos with a custom (passwordprotected) extension, and use the Webworks Password Protect code for the passwords
    But then all that someone has to do it run an extension checker on the file, see it's a jpg or png or whatever, and rename it...
    02-04-13 12:51 AM
    But then all that someone has to do it run an extension checker on the file, see it's a jpg or png or whatever, and rename it...
    Atleast its something

There aren't many/no options available for those kind of apps.
    02-04-13 03:23 AM
    just store the pics on the sd card and then turn on encryption.
    The option to turn on encryption doesnt exist even though in the help it is mentioned.
    02-04-13 03:44 AM
    Atleast its something

There aren't many/no options available for those kind of apps.
    You could maybe store the image in the local:/// directory
    02-04-13 05:03 PM
    surely it would make more sense to have an app which accesses local photos through the provided APIs and copies the ones you wish to be private. A simple key pair can be used to encrypt the images and store in a local cache for the app. Then delete the originals.

What is this worth though, seriously? Are there that many people trying to hide naughty pictures on there phone?
    02-06-13 07:26 PM
    What is this worth though, seriously? Are there that many people trying to hide naughty pictures on there phone?
    A lot of people use these on different platforms. There's plenty of demand.
    02-06-13 08:16 PM
    surely it would make more sense to have an app which accesses local photos through the provided APIs and copies the ones you wish to be private. A simple key pair can be used to encrypt the images and store in a local cache for the app. Then delete the originals.

I am sure there are people who want it for this reason but a lot of people want to protect their pictures of their kids as the last thing I want is my phone with all my pictures of my kids to fall into the wrong hands.
    02-07-13 12:32 AM
    Move them to app storage when locked. there is an encrypted apps storage but neither is accessible to users anyway (including Windows fiile explorer)

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    02-07-13 01:31 PM
    Move them to app storage when locked. there is an encrypted apps storage but neither is accessible to users anyway (including Windows fiile explorer)

Sorry I am confused what you mean?
    02-08-13 09:23 AM
    i believe there is already an app like this that i came across browsing bb world. I think it could hide different files and even folders cant remember the name tho, if i come across it again i will post
    02-08-13 10:17 AM
    i believe there is already an app like this that i came across browsing bb world. I think it could hide different files and even folders cant remember the name tho, if i come across it again i will post
    Yes there are couple called hide my files and things similar and although they did seem to work, the interfaces were not very good as hoped so really werent useable.
    02-08-13 11:42 AM
    File Shield for the playbook does this, I would assume it's possible for bb10. You can hide individual files or entire folders, and can password protect them.
    02-08-13 07:22 PM
    Sorry what I mean is... App developers have a secure location you can store whatever. Every app has a designated location they just don't always use it.

It would be very easy (from an AS3 perspective at least) to make

02-08-13 08:06 PM
    You should make it man it'd be a pita for me, I've not been able to get the html5 file apis to work.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 08:27 PM
    Yeah its definitely easier in AIR. When I get back from holidays - ill re-read this thread

Be easy to just build a check-in check-out app system. Biggest delay is moving the files around. And if you delete the app it'll take the files with it.

02-08-13 08:57 PM
    are there any for android that we can try porting?
    02-08-13 09:50 PM
    File shield doesn't seem to be on app world but some interesting ideas on the main crackberry page about hiding files such as renaming files.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 03:45 AM
43 12