BlackBerry on Twitter just posted a tweet that may suggest that they may be getting the Z10 a little sooner then expected. I know 'weeks' could mean anything but I feel like it would be less then a month.

Verizon customers getting it a bit sooner?-tweet.jpg
    02-01-13 01:36 PM
    Very interesting....
    02-01-13 01:37 PM
    Time to get hopes up? Why not!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-01-13 01:46 PM
    Says weeks... could mean 4-6 weeks = March 2013
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 01:49 PM
    Maybe the link in the tweet would be more helpful.... (nothing about a release date)

BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Z10

Smartphones are personal and a source for communication. That’s why having choices about which phone fits your mobile lifestyle needs and style preferences is important. The new BlackBerry 10 platform includes the BlackBerry Hub, a center for communication that streamlines all of a user’s messages, and a keyboard that adapts to their style. Verizon Wireless plans to offer the BlackBerry Z10 and the BlackBerry Q10, two global-ready 4G LTE smartphones running BlackBerry 10, providing customers with more 4G LTE smartphones to choose from. The BlackBerry Z10 will be available for $199.99 with a new two year customer agreement in Black and White color models, with the White model being exclusive to Verizon Wireless.
    A challenge for many users is managing multiple inboxes including text messages, personal e-mails and social media accounts. BlackBerry Hub helps organize the incoming messages, so users can view and participate in conversations as they happen. Finger gestures on the screen let users easily ‘peek’ into the Hub from any screen, keeping conversations flowing.
    The keyboard is no longer just about tapping letters on a screen. It’s about how it adjusts to a user’s typing style, whether it’s a rapid or a one-handed typist. It’s about the keyboard understanding what the user wants to say and creating personalized prediction and contextual auto-corrections. BlackBerry Calendar is another feature that understands and adapts to how the smartphone is used. Every time a new appointment or meeting is created, the calendar predicts and suggests who should be invited.
    BlackBerry Messenger (BBM™) users will be able to take advantage of 4G LTE to enjoy innovative BBM video chatting with screen sharing. Co-workers can screen share and review documents and presentations, and friends can chat about things like recent vacations, sharing pictures and video to make it a richer exchange.
    Employee-owned devices are a reality in today’s mobile world. Business users will be able to take advantage of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and use features like BlackBerry Balance™, which separates and secures work emails, apps and content without compromising the personal experience. Personal apps and data are kept separately so once the work day is done, you can easily switch the phone’s persona to “personal.”
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-01-13 01:52 PM
    The White one is exclusive to Verizon?

AT&T and T-Mobile users won't be happy about that. Luckily I'm with Verizon
    02-01-13 01:56 PM
    lucky I'm switching from Tmobile to Verizon im getting the white one
    02-01-13 02:10 PM
    I believe it will be 3-4 weeks. End of February. ***crosses fingers***
    02-01-13 02:10 PM
    lucky I'm switching from Tmobile to Verizon im getting the white one
    Vice versa. Switching to T-Mobile to save $$.
    austriker and sredd68 like this.
    02-01-13 02:16 PM
    The link is just to the press release Vzw posted on Wednesday. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Nothing new to see here.
    02-01-13 02:18 PM
    ATT just got the same tweet
    02-01-13 02:48 PM
    I think right now, there should be a rush of urgency on behalf of the US carriers to see who gets the Z10 out first.

Just by looking at the forums and seeing and reading news about how the Z10 is delayed in the US, there's ALOT of demand for this phone.

Whoever is out first...will probably get quite a bit of new subscribers.

All it takes is ONE carrier and the rest will follow.

I really hope US carrier launch comes quicker. I'm very curious to see the numbers of sales, as well as word of mouth tweets, FB posts, articles, blogs etc. that comes out after people have actually used the device.
    02-01-13 03:01 PM
    I'm new to posting on CrackBerry but have been following and reading threads for a while now. I contacted Verizon after the launch the other day, and they told me they didn't have a date, but sent me that link also. I wish they would have a better time frame, so we all know when we can get our hands on one.
    02-01-13 03:04 PM
    Verizon has put the Z10 on its homepage. Now it just takes you to the page to sign up for updates, but it wasn't there yesterday.......

Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless

Verizon customers getting it a bit sooner?-vzwhomez10.jpg
    02-01-13 03:13 PM
    I think right now, there should be a rush of urgency on behalf of the US carriers to see who gets the Z10 out first.

Just by looking at the forums and seeing and reading news about how the Z10 is delayed in the US, there's ALOT of demand for this phone.

Whoever is out first...will probably get quite a bit of new subscribers.

All it takes is ONE carrier and the rest will follow.

I really hope US carrier launch comes quicker. I'm very curious to see the numbers of sales, as well as word of mouth tweets, FB posts, articles, blogs etc. that comes out after people have actually used the device.
    yes, there is a new competitor in town for the US carriers, called Ebay....
    narci likes this.
    02-01-13 03:17 PM
    ATT has it on the top of their Shop Wireless page, but the home page is, you guessed it, i5.
    02-01-13 03:17 PM
    yes, there is a new competitor in town for the US carriers, called Ebay....
    While I like your comment, i have to add this...

Carriers love people who bring their own phones because that means they don't have to subsidize them throughout a contract but still charge them the same monthly rate as if they were subsidized.
    02-01-13 03:25 PM
    .........Whoever is out first...will probably get quite a bit of new subscribers..........

Now this is a card to play when contacting my provider to urge them to expedite the release of the Z10....

If you're not first, I just may go over to the provider that is, especially since my contract is up, and its no sweat off my back.....
    02-01-13 03:26 PM
    PLEASE
    stop putting things in everyones and your own mind that just isnt stated
    by the end of page 4 of this thread people will have themselves convinced that s in weeks is the only thing that makes it more than one week

you all are setting yourself up for dissapointment again
    02-01-13 03:58 PM
    Coming weeks means nothing. The launch can be set for April, and they can still say coming weeks. When they don't have an exact date, coming in few weeks is customary.
    02-01-13 05:47 PM
    Verizon has put the Z10 on its homepage. Now it just takes you to the page to sign up for updates, but it wasn't there yesterday.......

Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VZWhomeZ10.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	133508

Yes it was. Its been there since Wednesday at around 11am.
    02-01-13 05:50 PM
    speaking in positive sounding vague terms is common when irritating customers is the concern.
    02-01-13 05:51 PM
    Q10 coming in weeks as well, albeit many many weeks...
    02-01-13 05:51 PM
    Yes it was. Its been there since Wednesday at around 11am.

always count on someone contradicting you.... (FWIW, it wasn't on the home page when I was looking yesterday, I had to use their search to find anything on the Z10)

Thanks for the correction anyway...
    Last edited by SixStringMadness; 02-01-13 at 06:05 PM.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-01-13 05:53 PM
    When they announced DURING launch, a mid-march release in USA, why bother to tweet out anything to the contrary unless the wheels are in motion to shorten the wait?
    02-01-13 05:59 PM
55 123