I am a content user of my PlayBook and have been using it for seven months... The 1st day when I heard that bb 10 will be coming to our PlayBooks I almost went mad (literally) ....the main reasons I want bb10 on my tab is the bb hub,the keyboard, browser,games and apps, the camera and a better os experience
    So let's get back to the topic of this thread

REASONS WHY BLACKBERRY WILL PUSH THE BB 10 UPDATE EARLIER RATHER THAN LATER FOR OUR BELOVED PLAYBOOKS:
    1-As we have have noticed data for the past two days the apps have been flooding to the bb 10 (angry birds,asphalt 7 and nova 3 and blah blah blah) ....me as much as I remember since I have become a PlayBook owner have never experienced display galore of games and I am overwhelmed to see this happening (even you guys have never seen so many games coming to our PlayBooks in a day)

2-This galore will arouse the PlayBook owners to take a step....and the Blackberry head office will be flooded with mails and messages petitioning for the awesome apps available on the bb 10

3- And as a response they will think what has to be done

4-They aren't stupid enough to repackage the apps for the current OS 2.1 as it will be way too difficult for them to do so....and since the PlayBook is a dead product, they won't work so hard on it...

5- This will make them force the update faster And I Say we will get the update in a month..... And if you agree with me CRACKBERRY NATION LIKE AND THUMBS UP FOR THIS POST

BB 10 #believe
    Last edited by choudharyrohit; 02-01-13 at 09:16 AM.
    02-01-13 09:03 AM

4-They aren't stupid enough to repackage the apps for the current OS 2.1 as it will be way too difficult for them to do so....and since the PlayBook is a dead product they won't work so hard on it...

5- This will make them force the update faster
    Beleive me, if Blackberry want to make end for the life of PB, it will not make any importance for his users

But i just ask BB to unlock the PB so we can install Android OS
    02-01-13 09:09 AM
    I am glad that you are a fan of your PB (Not sure what you mean that PB is dead, because we still get updates, we still get new games and apps, but that's your opinion). I have had enough of speculating due to the fact that I live in the US and I am very upset that I have to wait almost 2-months (while UK and Canada are feeling the love). So, thank you for your opinion but let's just wait and see what happens... Still Love you RIM (sorry BlackBerry) but that shhh sucks! And yes this is "My" $0.02
    02-01-13 09:15 AM
    I am glad that you are a fan of your PB (Not sure what you mean that PB is dead, because we still get updates, we still get new games and apps, but that's your opinion). I have had enough of speculating due to the fact that I live in the US and I am very upset that I have to wait almost 2-months (while UK and Canada are feeling the love). So, thank you for your opinion but let's just wait and see what happens... Still Love you RIM (sorry BlackBerry) but that shhh sucks! And yes this is "My" $0.02
    Really i was disappointed when no word was says for the Playbook on 30 january, and till now no date for us, i feel i am ignored by BB
    3_M4N likes this.
    02-01-13 09:18 AM

Dead in the sense it never really took off in the market.....It has nothing to do with the updated....RIM thought PlayBook will be a huge success but it went completely opposite....and yeah I love my PlayBook.....I am actually a college boy so I use it for my projects and stuff as it's extremely portable...
    02-01-13 09:21 AM
    Dead in the sense it never really took off in the market.....It has nothing to do with the updated....RIM thought PlayBook will be a huge success but it went completely opposite....and yeah I love my PlayBook.....I am actually a college boy so I use it for my projects and stuff as it's extremely portable...
    I guess it depends on your metric of success. There are hundreds of tablets on the market. Only a few have actually sold in the millions and PlayBook is one. But they sold the majority of them at discount prices (helping, along with others, to validate that there was a market for cheap, 7" tablets not named 'iPad') and haven't figured out how to make money.

Maybe they'll try a relaunch with BlackBerry 10 and maybe they won't. Time will tell.
    02-01-13 09:25 AM
    What developers don't get is that even though the PB was written off, at 150$ or so, they almost sold them all.... and those buyers want apps... so.... Maybe once updated with BB10 the users will bark louder to get those apps!
    02-01-13 10:32 AM
    It would be a smart move on Mr Heins part. That way PB users, especially in the US could get a look at it while waiting for the phones.

And people, like me, who have no need for a smartphone could show it off to people who do.
    02-01-13 11:46 AM
    I am saying updates meaning that they still are supporting their system, they are even taking it to the next level by providing OS-10 on the PB... What I am trying to say is BBPB is not dead and with this new OS coming to the device will kinda bring a new life to the device which again will attact new and exsiting users. Again this is my $0.02
    02-01-13 11:57 AM
    Beleive me, if Blackberry want to make end for the life of PB, it will not make any importance for his users

But i just ask BB to unlock the PB so we can install Android OS
    DUDE, seriously, Blackberry will NEVER EVER EVER Unlock the PlayBook to install another OS... We told you in another thread, get something else if you don't want the playbook OS. Simple as that!!!
    02-01-13 12:12 PM
    I purchased the playbook on launch date here in the U.S. a couple of years ago and I still don't regret paying full price for it. I have faith in BlackBerry that they will not ignore the PlayBook and get us BB10 on it. I believe they are just so focused on the phone side of things right now and they will get to the PlayBook after the Z10 and Q10 launch in the U.S.

on a different subject I can't wait to get my hands on the Q10, I need my keyboard on my phones and can only hope that BlackBerry bridge is fully functional by the time I get it...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-01-13 12:26 PM
    Playbook's 2-year anniversary of its launch date is April 19th. I'm hoping it's before then. Updating an OS on a two year old device seems trivial to me. But kudos to BlackBerry on the Playbook; almost 2 years old and the Playbook is still competitive from a tech standpoint with other 7 inch tabs.
    AcousticAshley likes this.
    02-01-13 02:14 PM
    I will give one reason why I think it won't come early.
    I have never seen anything come early from RIM.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    rupam95 and granne2970 like this.
    02-01-13 02:17 PM
    Just all us to unlock the damn Playbook,RIM!
    02-01-13 02:19 PM
    Really i was disappointed when no word was says for the Playbook on 30 january, and till now no date for us, i feel i am ignored by BB

they said all PB's will be updated to BB10. that is "word". word?
    02-01-13 07:07 PM
    What developers don't get is that even though the PB was written off, at 150$ or so, they almost sold them all.... and those buyers want apps... so.... Maybe once updated with BB10 the users will bark louder to get those apps!
    This is really true. I got my 64 GB PB 3 months ago for an amazing cheap price of �129 from PC World...and I really love it!! I went to Japan for a holiday and the thing worked like a charm, I brought a real video camera with me but in the end I did all my filming and pics on the PB and the quality rocked (I digress!) I am now slowly buying apps for the PB (I spent �7.50 yesterday!)..and the more that come in, the more I will buy..there is definitely a market for us discount PB users, they sold many at discount prices so why not sell apps to them..i'm buying!!!
    02-01-13 08:06 PM