Hey guys,

Am having some teething trouble with blackberry link in that the damn thing won't transfer my contacts. It says in a few places that it only transfers contacts which AREN'T backed up to g-mail or whathaveyou, and if I want to get those contacts I have to sign in with those accounts.

Except I already AM signed in with those accounts, and my contacts aren't pulling from there.

So how can I make link move all of my contacts over? Or failing that, how can I change the things in my address book so they aren't linked to a gmail account?

I'm really pissed off at this to be honest. I can't transfer my contacts via SIM, because the new phone doesn't take a regular sim card. I can't do it via SD card because my old phone is a Torch9800 and thus too old. I can't send my contacts across because my former phone no longer has e-mail service of any kind, or BBM, or a bunch of other stuff. Please, someone help me move my contacts.
    02-01-13 07:39 AM
    Are you stating that the new blackberry will not transfer contacts from a prev older Blackberry device in which you could save/exprot using old blackberry desktop manager.

I dont think blackberry 'RIM' would make it diff to get as many old BB users on their new platform if it was going to be a headache to do it via a cable/computer or via wireless sync (internet)

This seems very odd that it would be this painful. Kindly keep us older blackberry device users posted, as It is interesting to know if we all will be left out of the water.
    (dont believe blackberry would isolate the new platfrom from any cross over method of bringing in old items from prev mobile.)

Cheers,
    02-01-13 08:11 AM
    I had problems to, I had a 9900 and thought I would be able to use Protect to transfer my contacts as BB Link didn't work. But it looks like protect won't update the bb10- contact list either. So I just sent each contact over to my new phone via blutooth.
    02-01-13 08:27 AM
    Are you stating that the new blackberry will not transfer contacts from a prev older Blackberry device in which you could save/exprot using old blackberry desktop manager.

I dont think blackberry 'RIM' would make it diff to get as many old BB users on their new platform if it was going to be a headache to do it via a cable/computer or via wireless sync (internet)

This seems very odd that it would be this painful. Kindly keep us older blackberry device users posted, as It is interesting to know if we all will be left out of the water.
    (dont believe blackberry would isolate the new platfrom from any cross over method of bringing in old items from prev mobile.)

Cheers,
    I don't think its RIM making things hard, I think its gmail being weird for me for unknown reasons.
    02-01-13 08:34 AM
    Ok, I just tried to re-sync (deleted account and readded it) and I got 'was unable to import your contacts at this time because of a problem with the gmail server'. So I guess thats my answer. Damn you google.
    02-01-13 08:40 AM
    Help us understand!

are you stating that contacts in general that were on prev phone/device are not all being transferred to new device ?
    or that you would like all contacts from all your messaging accounts to be centralized on the new device and having a hard time?
    02-01-13 09:12 AM
    Those who all are having problems with the restoring options using BB protect> shall update their software version of Z10 to 10.1 sofware and then you will be able to restore your all the contacts through BB Protect. I think this will surely work
    06-11-13 06:06 AM