This is my OPINION and the opinion of others ive asked about this situation. Im in NY and instragram is big here and without instragram the bb10 will not be successful. No one cares about a microkernel and security in the consumer side. I personally find the way QNX has built its micro kernel to handle all processes. In the US most people loves social network, its a way people use it to express themselves. Instragram is NOT just adding filters to a photo, its an actual social network where people can like your photos, comments or whatever else it does. Some may say, thats what facebook is for. What do other US users think?

PS. I will be buying BB10 with or without instagram because I like the gestures and the whole concept but i just hope i dont get left behind. Everywhere I go people can download apps to resorts/banks/school/etc and i cannot and it is a bit frustrating.
    TroubleTrouble likes this.
    02-01-13 06:05 AM
    They are working with both companies...
    02-01-13 06:10 AM
    They are working with both companies...
    so they say, until its out its not real.
    02-01-13 06:21 AM
    Can't you use it with a web browser too?
    02-01-13 06:26 AM
    so they say, until its out its not real.
    What more do you want?
    They are working with both companies, that is all that can be said right now.
    02-01-13 06:26 AM
    Right. Pop a BB filter on that puppy and load it up through the browser. Im sure the browser is just as efficient.

Take a test drive and let us know.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    02-01-13 06:28 AM
    So, you can create Instagram like images and post them to your Facebook. I guess I'm not getting the whole point of another social network to just post photos to.
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-01-13 06:30 AM
    So, you can create Instagram like images and post them to your Facebook. I guess I'm not getting the whole point of another social network to just post photos to.
    Neither do I, but with more than a 100 million users, it is a valuable chunk of the mobile population it seems RIM/BB cannot afford to ignore.
    kbz1960 and robkd like this.
    02-01-13 06:36 AM
    What more do you want?
    They are working with both companies, that is all that can be said right now.
    yes its all that can be said, you are correct. But I know from the people ive asked, they will not switch if they dont have those apps.

I have no clue, i have a blackberry and dont have instagram....
    02-01-13 06:44 AM
    I don't get it either, but it IS something a lot of people use, and just because "we" don't understand it or may never use it doesn't mean BB10 shouldn't push as hard as they can to get this. As well as any other of the "must have" apps that are on other devices...there are a lot out there, Snap Chat for one...ever 12-24ish year old uses that damn thing and I don't know why and I could go on but will save that for another thread...
    nyplaya610 and robkd like this.
    02-01-13 06:49 AM
    The Verge claims they have already seen and Instagram app for BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 07:03 AM
    chances are more apps will be there when BB10 gets available in the US, too early to panic...
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:03 AM
    yes its all that can be said, you are correct. But I know from the people ive asked, they will not switch if they dont have those apps.
    I have no clue, i have a blackberry and dont have instagram....
    If you can use it on a desktop/laptop PC web browser, chances are you can use it with the native BB10 browser, even if it requires Flash.
    02-01-13 07:11 AM
    I'm going out on a limb and say that these two apps will be ready for March, just before the US release.
    02-01-13 07:14 AM
    If you can use it on a desktop/laptop PC web browser, chances are you can use it with the native BB10 browser, even if it requires Flash.
    Instagram can't be used effectively from the browser.
    02-01-13 07:16 AM
    Those promises and commitments can take months or years to be fulfilled. If those apps are important to you and your friends, don't buy a phone that doesn't have them.
    In the tech industry promises are too flexible and easy to break.
    02-01-13 07:30 AM
    I dont get it eitehr but its big.

Neither do I, but with more than a 100 million users, it is a valuable chunk of the mobile population it seems RIM/BB cannot afford to ignore.
    Netflix is irrelevant.Many do not pay for films and just upload films to phones voa transfer.

But instagram is true if they want the social media lovers on board.Instagram with the option to invite to bbm man i can tell you these phones will go at the door I know thats the first thing alot of people will ask me in social spots.I gonna have to give the line ''coming soon'' wont do it for the ladies.The quicker it gets made for BB10 the better.Its already poor how twitter,fb are thes same on all platforms didnt even exploit cascades im not expecting instagram to go all out.
    02-01-13 07:40 AM
    I'm very confident that instagram will be there soon. RIM will probably develop the app in conjunction with the FB engineers if they have to, like they did with the FB app.

Netflix is a wild card. The Netflix people probably want to see how BB10 does first before committing.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:00 AM
    The browser allows you to browse, comment and like but not to upload and add pics or give you your own notifications. This is a HUGE app because everyone from tom, **** and jane to the celebs use Instagram. It is a social network with more than 100m users, BBM only has 60m so that gives you an idea. I will still get a Z10 because I expect it to be on there eventually but it will deter others.

Months leading up to the launch people kept asking if it would be on there because it was one of the reasons they left to go onto another platform. Even when it came to Android, the number of users grew ridiculously due to the pent up demand.
    02-01-13 08:02 AM
    I dont get it eitehr but its big.

Netflix is irrelevant.Many do not pay for films and just upload films to phones voa transfer.
    I too thought instagram was irrelevant but apparently its not, the stock has double since december... from $70 to $160 because all of the users signing up.

Those promises and commitments can take months or years to be fulfilled. If those apps are important to you and your friends, don't buy a phone that doesn't have them.
    In the tech industry promises are too flexible and easy to break.
    the point isnt "if the phone doesnt have the apps you want then dont buy it" its to have these apps so people CAN buy it.
    02-01-13 08:06 AM
    Could the delay of the devices in USA be related to the absence of those apps?
    02-01-13 08:19 AM
    I'm very confident that instagram will be there soon. RIM will probably develop the app in conjunction with the FB engineers if they have to, like they did with the FB app.

Netflix is a wild card. The Netflix people probably want to see how BB10 does first before committing.
    I believe Netflix is waiting on raw cash.

Could the delay of the devices in USA be related to the absence of those apps?
    I don't think so, but it could help out BB in the long run.
    02-01-13 08:23 AM
    Does it really matter if you think the app is useless, others like it and want it. Why does that offend so many of you?
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-01-13 08:26 AM
    Instagram is well needed and we've had loads of discussions about it.
    It's not whether any one of us individually uses it, the argument applies that it is a huge app with a huge user base and BB cannot afford to give anyone any reason to go elsewhere. So, the major apps are needed.
    I could not care less for Skype on my phone or Netflix, but the consumer market does not revolve around what I think. Customers speak with their wallets, and they've spoken widely for Skype, Netflix, etc.
    Personally, I use Instagram and it's much more than just adding filters, it's a whole social network in its own right. Personally, I want it. Consumers have said they want it. BB needs to strike a deal with Instagram, or at least a developer who can create an interface that will link to Instagram.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:31 AM
    well if the biggest issue you have with bb10 is that it doesn't carry these useless apps i guess were doing alright,,,,,,,,,,
    kingb71 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:33 AM
35 12