I was driving home this evening and listening to MPR radio and heard them say that Alicia keys was still tweeting from her iPhone even though she is now working fro Blackberry

Alicia Keys Named BlackBerry's Creative Director | Minnesota Public Radio News

I am sure the iSheep are going to have fun with this.........

I hope she is not featured in the Super Ball Ad. That would make it a disaster.....
    01-31-13 07:38 PM
    How do they tell? I thought Twitter removed the ability to see what device you tweeted from a while ago, and I can't see any recent Instagram photos on her Twitter (though there definitely were some pre-launch).
    01-31-13 07:41 PM
    How do they tell? I thought Twitter removed the ability to see what device you tweeted from a while ago, and I can't see any recent Instagram photos on her Twitter (though there definitely were some pre-launch).
    You can see if you use other twitter clients like ubertwitter.
    Last edited by leafs123; 01-31-13 at 08:09 PM.
    01-31-13 07:42 PM
    You can see if you other twitter clients like ubertwitter.
    Oh, never knew that, I stand corrected!
    01-31-13 07:43 PM
    the tweets were before she was announced at launch. she admitted on stage she was using other devices.

whats the controversy???
    01-31-13 07:44 PM
    I heard Thorsten Heins was using an Android at one point! :O
    01-31-13 07:45 PM
    Its fine she can keep her iPhone. Just make sure she takes pics with a white Z10. I dont like the other rumor I heard
    which states that she was tweeting from
    an old motorola flip phone
    01-31-13 07:49 PM
    I'd expect the deal with Alicia was well in the works weeks before 1/30/2013 (= 10 by the way if you add the digits) I guess it's the media ignoring timelines and pointing to a similar situation with the Microsoft Surface when some other big celebrity decided to post an endorsement of it but it was from their iPad.

Risky business using celebrities
    01-31-13 07:52 PM
    I'd expect the deal with Alicia was well in the works weeks before 1/30/2013 (= 10 by the way if you add the digits) I guess it's the media ignoring timelines and pointing to a similar situation with the Microsoft Surface when some other big celebrity decided to post an endorsement of it but it was from their iPad.

Risky business using celebrities
    the surface was released when Oprah tweeted from her ipad. the z10 was not released when alicia keys tweeted off her iphone
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-31-13 07:54 PM
    the surface was released when Oprah tweeted from her ipad. the z10 was not released when alicia keys tweeted off her iphone
    LOL! So she had one and chose to use her iphone OR she got one that day, and when she talks about "coming back" she meant "for the last hour". She is certainly a quick decision maker....perhaps she meant "when you showed me that BB 10 minutes ago it was so shiny...I knew immediately it was the superior product, and that's why my endorsement and judgment is one everyone should weigh heavily".

I know you're one of the most extreme (and sometimes I am sure you're just playing the part for laughs!:-) but you're stretching here!

She's a celebrity PAID an awful lot to say what she said yesterday. I agree there is no controversy, her "word" was never to be taken seriously. She will keep her Apple products more hidden, and she can keep spending the money RIM customers are giving her! It's all silly.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-13 08:11 PM
    she hasnt tweeted from a device other than a BB since yesterday after the event. Before that yes there were tweets from an iphone and a bb and the web too.
    01-31-13 08:19 PM
    LOL! So she had one and chose to use her iphone OR she got one that day, and when she talks about "coming back" she meant "for the last hour". She is certainly a quick decision maker....perhaps she meant "when you showed me that BB 10 minutes ago it was so shiny...I knew immediately it was the superior product, and that's why my endorsement and judgment is one everyone should weigh heavily".

I know you're one of the most extreme (and sometimes I am sure you're just playing the part for laughs!:-) but you're stretching here!

She's a celebrity PAID an awful lot to say what she said yesterday. I agree there is no controversy, her "word" was never to be taken seriously. She will keep her Apple products more hidden, and she can keep spending the money RIM customers are giving her! It's all silly.
    Dont defer. The Oprah incident is a totally different issue.

She clearly said that she was using other products previously and now she was back using a blackberry. She did not state that she has been using the blackberry for weeks, months, or days. She only stated that she is now again using it.

At no point did she mention a time period that she was again using a blackberry and a tweet was made from iPhone during that period.

Of course she is a paid celebrity, thats not the issue here. No one is saying she is not being paid to promote this. Don't defer.

That is your opinion that she will keep her apple products hidden, not a fact.

She has made no lies here. 100%
    Mecca EL and 19GhostRider71 like this.
    01-31-13 08:28 PM
    she hasnt tweeted from a device other than a BB since yesterday after the event. Before that yes there were tweets from an iphone and a bb and the web too.
    Thanks for clarifying the timelines, I hope its a monogamous relationship from here on in
    01-31-13 08:29 PM
    I was driving home this evening and listening to MPR radio and heard them say that Alicia keys was still tweeting from her iPhone even though she is now working fro Blackberry

Alicia Keys Named BlackBerry's Creative Director | Minnesota Public Radio News

I am sure the iSheep are going to have fun with this.........

I hope she is not featured in the Super Ball Ad. That would make it a disaster.....
    Ummmm...who cares?? What's next, she can't drink Coke because she has an endorsement deal with Pepsi?? God forbid, she buys her son McNuggets, after shooting a commercial for Subways

These threads are becoming stupider by the minute
    01-31-13 09:07 PM
    the tweets were before she was announced at launch. she admitted on stage she was using other devices.

whats the controversy???
    exactly... she said she has a play phone and work phone. iphone is for playing. she will go over completely soon
    01-31-13 09:25 PM
    maybe she's on verizon like me. lol. gotta wait.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 09:45 PM
    01-31-13 09:51 PM
    just noticed this but...

Alicia KEYS

is the spokesperson for a communication company that prides itself on using KEYS on its devices ...
    01-31-13 10:05 PM
    Ummmm...who cares?? What's next, she can't drink Coke because she has an endorsement deal with Pepsi??
    Only Dave Chappelle could pull that off

These threads are becoming stupider by the minute
    Gotta agree with this though
    richardat likes this.
    01-31-13 10:05 PM
    you guys are ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS??! LOL. OK....you are telling me not to "defer" (very odd terminology)...then trying to argue about the timeline?!!

OK I'm out. Just to be clear:
    1.Think arguing pedantic legalities/specifics about the timeline is ridiculous. Not interested in if she technically "lied"! LOL In fact, I don't recall her "promising" never to use another product...as Mecca El points out....but even if she had, it's a ridiculous argument because:
    2.as I pointed out, it's clearly ridiculous to argue about whether she used an iphone just before/during/after her endorsement because you are left with a disingenuous situation either way. I pointed out the alternatives explicitly but notice nobody addressed them - I don't think I should have even needed to do that. Pretty basic stuff, and why people are getting a laugh at her expense.

The bottom line: RIM payed Alicia a lot of money. They didn't pay for her expertise, they didn't paid her for the ILLUSION that she loves RIM products. It is an illusion only (the reality may or may not differ....apparently it does indeed differ.......in any case as long it's hidden, it's inconsequential to the players here). I thought, and would still hope, that in this day and age, most people would be fully aware of that. Obviously, others, including RIM don't believe that, and feel that the illusion will benefit the company. Her actions with the ipad shatter the illusion, and thus reaffirm the fakery - that is the "controversy". It isn't particularly shocking, it is rather funny what a poor job was done....unless you are RIM...in which case, it is undoubtedly painful - money perhaps misspent.

I suppose that if some are so vested in the illusion that it makes them argue about whether she used the iphone/ipad just BEFORE - geez, she MUST not have had a bb10 phone before Wed, then RIM was right.....the illusion is important to some.
    01-31-13 10:07 PM
    I'm not Alicia Keys, but I try to only Tweet from my BlackBerry or from Tweetbot for Mac. Sometimes I slip up though, and tweet from Tweetbot for iOS on my iPod touch
    01-31-13 10:10 PM
    Ummmm...who cares?? What's next, she can't drink Coke because she has an endorsement deal with Pepsi??e
    NO!!!!! LIAR!!!!! She was drinking that Coke on Saturday. S A T U R D A Y. She hadn't even had a Pepsi yet, so she didn't realize how much better Pepsi is. Plus, I did some research, and it turns out both convenience stores within 2 blocks off her house sell ONLY Coke, so I'm sure she wanted a Pepsi, but probably couldn't get one, because her car was in the shop for servicing this weekend, and though she sometimes uses a driver, he has the weekends off! Yes, there is that PIzza hut down the street, but they have COKE ONLY on their fountain drinks. So what is your problem?? She would never ever ever ever drink a Pepsi unless she was near a state of dehyrdration requiring medical care. Even then, she wouldn't do it, because Coke has more caffeine than Pepsi, so hours later, you'd be dehydrated 2.3% more than if you drank a Pepsi! Can't believe you are this naive. ;-)
    peter9477 and vzinside like this.
    01-31-13 10:16 PM
    The bottom line: RIM payed Alicia a lot of money.
    says... BGR?
    01-31-13 10:16 PM
    I'm not Alicia Keys, but I try to only Tweet from my BlackBerry or from Tweetbot for Mac. Sometimes I slip up though, and tweet from Tweetbot for iOS on my iPod touch
    You're off the payroll....and we want our presentation pant-suit back.
    01-31-13 10:17 PM
    I heard Thorsten Heins was using an Android at one point! :O
    lol obviously you have to check out the competition, otherwise you'd dismiss them like some "other people" and not make a comparable phone >_>
    Last edited by z1nsane; 01-31-13 at 10:36 PM.
    FSeverino and MasterOfBinary like this.
    01-31-13 10:26 PM
85 123 ...