I don't see a recent ;-) thread with this topic and I had a photo to share. For those not familiar with the location, it's the skating rink in front of Toronto City Hall, in what's called Nathan Phillips Square.

I took the shot, hit "Edit" somewhere, randomly slid a couple of slidey things on top of the image to adjust it (I think sepia plus "antique look" or something... I really didn't pay attention), and shared it to Twitter.

Took me maybe 15 seconds and I'd never seen it done before. I think this is the kind of ease-of-use that we were expecting to see with BB10, and it impressed me.

Post photos taken with the Z10-img_00000018_edit.jpg

(Stray question: can we attach higher-res images here? Looks like CrackBerry downscales this to 800 pixels in one dimension. Hard restriction or changeable?)
    01-31-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks for sharing and it looks good. Also good to know it didn't take too long to create this right after taking the pic!
    01-31-13 03:26 PM
    Upload to IMGUR and put the BBCode here.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-31-13 03:27 PM
    Can you post some unaltered pics ? Thanks
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-31-13 03:30 PM
    That looks really cool! Unedited comparison as well please, but seeing how clear that is, it seems like it took a good base.
    BergerKing and peter9477 like this.
    01-31-13 03:39 PM
    Cool, looks good.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-31-13 03:40 PM
    Wow I remember that...its toronto's that square....I forget the name...But i remember buying tickets from nearby for one of the movies playing at TIFF 4 years ago..It was a pond though, when I was there...
    peter9477, BergerKing and MrDoreth like this.
    01-31-13 03:45 PM
    Can you post some unaltered pics ? Thanks
    Thanks, The Me. I knew I could use imgur... still would like an answer about CrackBerry. I thought I'd seen previous threads with hi-res images, but maybe those were just done as you describe?

experiment626, how about these then? Note that the conditions were probably not the best as it was a very overcast day yesterday.

01-31-13 03:58 PM
    look way better than my 9900 camera, who cares if it takes bad photos in the dark with no flash, like who does that anyways :P
    01-31-13 04:01 PM
    The pics look very good. Hopefully we'll be able to get some night or low-light shots posted. It'll be interesting to see how well the camera's sensor handles it.
    BergerKing, lwaysluking and Fnen90 like this.
    01-31-13 04:08 PM
    I'm not so sure about the "bad photos in the dark" thing actually. If it's really too dark, then yeah, duh... phone camera. But I suspect often it's an issue with too much bright light in the background and a darker subject.

I found if I just drag the focus square from the middle of the screen to the middle of the dark subject, it instantly adjusts the contrast (or whatever... see "not a photographer" above) and the subject is light and the photo is decent. Has anyone who legitimately claims competence with photography and the device posted anything we should take as proof it's not as good in the dark as anyone should reasonably expect?

Edit: This is Toronto's Old City Hall tower (with gargoyles on top). When I first looked up, the building was almost completely dark onscreen. I slid the thingy down a bit and it came out better. Note that the sky was very bright, relatively speaking. Lots of sun somewhere up above those clouds. Not sure if this hurts or helps the cause... probably need an indoor dark shot of some kind to address what you're talking about.

01-31-13 04:08 PM
    And people are complaining about the quality of the camera? Am I missing something? Those images look to be fine.
    ctuffy, G-bone, meganVee and 12 others like this.
    01-31-13 04:11 PM
    And people are complaining about the quality of the camera? Am I missing something? Those images look to be fine.
    I'm gonna go with user error for bad pics.
    01-31-13 04:17 PM
    Ya there is nothing wrong with these photos - wonder why they are getting such a horrible rep for that.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-31-13 04:51 PM
    I'm gonna go with user error for bad pics.
    Oh yes indeed sir. Bad workmen blame their tools.
    BergerKing and mas_quemex like this.
    01-31-13 04:52 PM
    Post photos taken with the Z10-img_00000437.jpg

Knicks game

i should add this was taken using digital zoom - i was in the balcony at MSG
    Last edited by kuffkuff; 01-31-13 at 05:52 PM.
    01-31-13 05:35 PM
    The pictures look f*u*c*king awesome. B*i*t*c*h more please Gizmodo
    01-31-13 05:38 PM
    01-31-13 05:42 PM
    Ok, better than Gizmodo pics... BUT, it's NOT as good as iPhone, or S3, and way behind Lumia 920... what I do NOT GET, is how easy it could have been to fix this, just have to source the same sensor as iPhone from "Sony"! Like duh! They probably got a smaller, NOT back-lit sensor from a cheaper source... my BIGGEST complaint about Z10. Like I wanted my BB to KICK everyone's behind, and unfortunately it won't, would be just on-par...
    shinerb likes this.
    01-31-13 05:59 PM
    Thanks for posting the pics, the picture quality had me a little worried when I saw the comparison shots, but these pics look amazing.
    BernFlo and Dr.Deebs like this.
    01-31-13 06:12 PM
    I'm loving these threads, some reviewer says bb10 doesn't and we immediately get a whole load of people saying what are they talking about, you do it like this....
    01-31-13 06:14 PM
    Ok, better than Gizmodo pics... BUT, it's NOT as good as iPhone, or S3, and way behind Lumia 920... what I do NOT GET, is how easy it could have been to fix this, just have to source the same sensor as iPhone from "Sony"! Like duh! They probably got a smaller, NOT back-lit sensor from a cheaper source... my BIGGEST complaint about Z10. Like I wanted my BB to KICK everyone's behind, and unfortunately it won't, would be just on-par...
    While I don't doubt the Lumia is better (from what I've heard... I don't keep track of the competition much), are there pictures taken under similar conditions we can compare, to judge how accurate your statement is that the others are better? This was an abysmal day for taking photos... not sure if you were in Toronto at the time but the lighting seemed really terrible to my untrained eye. Please don't compare these to what another product can do on a sunny summer day.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-31-13 06:29 PM
    uhhhhhhh..........
    where are the "horrible / not what I was expecting" photos??

All these photos look amazing to me...
    Why are there bad reveiws about the Z10 camera???
    ctuffy, meganVee, SDTRMG and 3 others like this.
    01-31-13 06:32 PM
    uhhhhhhh..........
    where are the "horrible / not what I was expecting" photos??

All these photos look amazing to me...
    Why are there bad reveiws about the Z10 camera???
    The City Hall Tower pic seems to have a lot of noise but that's probably from the digital zoom. No digital camera could escape that. Hoping for some more night pics.
    01-31-13 06:37 PM
    Its decent, its not the best, but its decent. Im not buying a Z10 for the camera lol. its definitely the best camera a blackberry has had.
    01-31-13 06:39 PM
9,299 123 ...